Okay, need some advice from women

(KanjiBusa @ Aug. 23 2007,12:25) 5 years age difference is nothing, I mean it didnt both anna nicole
not until they planted her in the ground anyway....

Confidence and humor should do the trick... and if it doesn't, there's probably something wrong with her! Go for it and good luck dude!

(dadofthree @ Aug. 23 2007,11:55) One woman answered
I personally am going with the idea that many gals answered...  
laugh.gif

*runs and hides*

i think you should post some pics up of her and let the board judge whether you should or not ask this lady out
super.gif
beerchug.gif

As a woman, I didn't like guys asking me dates when I was waitressing.  Flirting is part of the job  
smile.gif
 so you won't know if it's a real connection.  I think that Over-easy had some good words (some of the other guys too and others -- I'm worried about)... probably would have worked on me if I was asked to join a ride you were already planning to do.  If she agrees then you'd know she is ok with the motorcycle, too because some girls just aren't.  The age difference of 5 years is ok when she's 17-18 and you are early 20's - lots of girls dig older guys because they are more interesting.

There are always other fish in the sea (each girl will react differently) so keep your pole in the water and don't stalk her.  If you are interested in her, then just keep going to the restaurant with your friends  
beerchug.gif
 and judge the situation as it happens. You can always ask coworkers of hers if she's single and they will say to her that you were asking -- that's cute! If you get lucky, maybe you'll run into her somewhere else around town and if she recognizes you AND wants to talk to you then you'll know she wasn't just flirting and you can ask her on that date.
Melissa

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 23 2007,11:50)
(yamahor @ Aug. 23 2007,08:07) Thanks everyone. Next time I see her, I'm enacting the "You single? Wanna go out sometime?" Routine.
super.gif
Don't ask her if she is single or seeing anybody?  If she is she will tell you and maybe she is just casually seeing somebody off/on and open to looking for something better.  So if you ask her she may feel obligated to say, "yes."  Don't ask her questions that provide her with answers that become objections.

Just find out what some of her interests are and what she likes to do for fun and invite her to do something involving those interests.
written like a true pee-imp.

Oh yeah and another one that works. Get that shirt that says "My Wiener does tricks". Has a picture of a dachshund on it. You can always talk about dogs if you hafta......lol.

(Revolution @ Aug. 23 2007,11:47)
(Over_Easy @ Aug. 23 2007,11:50)
(yamahor @ Aug. 23 2007,08:07) Thanks everyone. Next time I see her, I'm enacting the "You single? Wanna go out sometime?" Routine.
super.gif
Don't ask her if she is single or seeing anybody?  If she is she will tell you and maybe she is just casually seeing somebody off/on and open to looking for something better.  So if you ask her she may feel obligated to say, "yes."  Don't ask her questions that provide her with answers that become objections.

Just find out what some of her interests are and what she likes to do for fun and invite her to do something involving those interests.
written like a true pee-imp.
Not trying to be a "pee-imp"
wink.gif
, if I was my wife wouldn't be with me - she hates arrogance. But, after being involved in face-to-face sales presentations the last 10+ years you learn to be comfortable in asking questions to get answers w/out a closed-ended objection and learn to answer objections w/ open ended questions?

Make sure to ask questions about her. People typically like to talk about themselves. Also, use her name during the conversation. People like hearing there own name as well. Ask about:
1. Her interests/what she does when she's not working.
2. Where she's from and has lived.
3. Family background/brothers, sisters, etc.
4. Vacation spots visited.
"FIND SOME COMMON GROUND FOR PETE SAKE!"

If she starts asking you those same questions then you may have a fish on the line.

Be confident and funny. Don't try to act like something you think she would want just be yourself. Trust me I'm a big fat ugly bastard and I got a damm good looking woman that likes the same things I like (she ride her own Busa and has more tattoos than I do).

(snakeyezzz @ Aug. 23 2007,14:48) Be confident and funny. Don't try to act like something you think she would want just be yourself. Trust me I'm a big fat ugly bastard and I got a damm good looking woman that likes the same things I like (she ride her own Busa and has more tattoos than I do).
Pics...
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
laugh.gif

(Cycle Brakes @ Aug. 23 2007,13:45) As a woman, I didn't like guys asking me dates when I was waitressing.  Flirting is part of the job  
smile.gif
  so you won't know if it's a real connection.  I think that Over-easy had some good words (some of the other guys too and others -- I'm worried about)... probably would have worked on me if I was asked to join a ride you were already planning to do.  If she agrees then you'd know she is ok with the motorcycle, too because some girls just aren't.  The age difference of 5 years is ok when she's 17-18 and you are early 20's - lots of girls dig older guys because they are more interesting.

There are always other fish in the sea (each girl will react differently) so keep your pole in the water and don't stalk her.  If you are interested in her, then just keep going to the restaurant with your friends  
beerchug.gif
 and judge the situation as it happens. You can always ask coworkers of hers if she's single and they will say to her that you were asking -- that's cute! If you get lucky, maybe you'll run into her somewhere else around town and if she recognizes you AND wants to talk to you then you'll know she wasn't just flirting and you can ask her on that date.
Melissa
Here's my thing though... I realize flirting is part of the job, but I was broke, not eating a daggone thing... Shoot, I was even drinking water... So that made me wonder about the times she'd come by and joke with me. I wasn't able to leave a tip of anysort, no order, just my friends around me ordering... So why talk to the guy without the money?

Thanks for the advise, and on the upside, a friend of mine is a coworker of hers (She didn't know this at the time) and we're there every other week for the music too.

Please don't think I'm a moron, I'm just not used to talking to women.

heheh now you know i got to mess with you since you think you can do it to me but here i AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you moran what was you thinkin you always ask them out if they talk to you... trust me i have done it before. girl waited on my family and i and it was mothers day. and so she kept coming to the table and talkin to me and then i said hey can i get your number and we can hang out sometime and sure enough there i got it...

women are human too the answer is either yes my number is XXX-XXXX or hell no you pig ahahahah
firedevil.gif

Dude,

You have posted up over 9000 times in the last two years. You know how to chat, you just need some confidence. From what I've seen on the board, you are a pretty cool guy. Plan out what you are going to talk about before you see her. Ideas: School, What you did this summer, motorcycles, sports, etc. Ask about them in the form of a question so that she has to respond. Eventually you will touch on something that you have in common and the conversation will go smoother. I was 6'6" when I was 12. People don't realize it, but their remarks about size tend to make kids very self conscious. I had to get over it and you probably do too. HE!!, I'm still not opver it, but I can deal with it better now. You da man! You can do it!

Joe

I think you ar building this up. Sounds like she had interest in you. Like the last post says, you know how to talk, you chat on this forum on a regular basis, I think you lost a little of the "in the moment" when you did not say anything about a date when she was digging you. Go back and recapture the conversation, use your friend that works there to your advantage to see if she has a boyfriend and just work in a "get to know each other date". Worst thing she can say is "no".

(Big Wall @ Aug. 24 2007,13:22) Dude,

You have posted up over 9000 times in the last two years.  You know how to chat, you just need some confidence.  From what I've seen on the board, you are a pretty cool guy.  Plan out what you are going to talk about before you see her.  Ideas:  School, What you did this summer, motorcycles, sports, etc.  Ask about them in the form of a question so that she has to respond.  Eventually you will touch on something that you have in common and the conversation will go smoother.  I was 6'6" when I was 12.  People don't realize it, but their remarks about size tend to make kids very self conscious.  I had to get over it and you probably do too.  HE!!, I'm still not opver it, but I can deal with it better now.  You da man!  You can do it!

Joe
Shid... I still get the size remarks... It does mess with me, but not so much anymore. So, I'm gonna try and get back there next weekend to hear John playing his guitar with my friends... Maybe I'll hook it up then...

Back