Ok, you'll love this post!

Where the **** is Phantom12 when we need him?? Oh, okay, we don't need him...
laugh.gif

I'm gonna invent a little hand on a spring that clamps to the bars. This way, everyone can wave to everyone
tounge.gif

So I was bored and visited the first HD forum I could find to ask them why most HD riders don't do the biker wave. I was met with very negative replies and even a threat! As of right now (12:46am CT) the thread is still going there...

http://www.hdforums.com/m_683749/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Yup, Nice work.  You've really made an a55 of yourself and made Hayabusa.org less of a cool place to be in the process...  
sad.gif

Nothing like one of our own being THAT guy.  The Fuggin Troll that wonders around making certain to act tough and start shid for no reason.

Thanks.
I got to agree with Rev on this........here's part of your post on the HD forum.....

you wrote "Do most HD owners think they're better or something because of the HD name? That's absurd and makes no sense. I ride a supersport bike and always will and I give the same courtesy to every biker on the road. My bike will outrun any Harley, Honda, etc... but I still give respect to every biker on the road by giving all of them the biker wave. It pisses me off when some arrogant jerk on a HD doesn't return the wave! It happens all the time."

Your post started out okay......but then turned into the stuff above, which makes you look like an ass. You really need to work on your tact  
wink.gif

I used to wave but I had a bad surfing accident and now have what my doctor calls afraidawaveaphobia...............so I just throw rotten fruit instead  
wow.gif

Actually when I was younger and lived in a small town I waved at every one of the few bikers I came across. But now that I'm in a bigger area with alot more bikers, and the changing attitudes, I just return waves. Saves a ton of wear and tear on the old elbow..............
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155691507 -->

wink.gif

Well, not to stir the pot...but...

Here in Arizona of all places I get waves, and props from HD guys and HD gals just the same as Sport riders. Just wanted to share that.

Tonight I got a wave from a Harley rider and a Kawasaki rider... and the Kawasaki rider went the extra mile by giving me a "fist in the air" type salute....

So, with all this crap.... I've just come to the conclusion to not worry about it all and just do my own thing... which will be to keep waving at all bikers to show my support/resepct for my fellow 2-wheeled maniacs. If they don't wave back on purpose, well, I hope they high side! J/K!!!

And, seriously.... I don't mean to "stir the pot". It just happens....

Thanks to advice from the admins and senior members at the org, I'm learning...

Pan,
So seriously, how is it that you get worked up about something so minor and don't get in more tight spots? Do you always kinda come on real strong -like in the beginning of that HD thread- and then back off and roll on your back once you realize you made someone a bit angry? I must say man, as I was reading that thread and I actually became embarrassed. Trying to anger the "other side" for the benefit of this board is a bit young at best. I mostly lurk on this board, but I feel for the fellas and ladies that are on here all the time and the moderators who go to great lengths to keep this thing clean and friendly; for they are the ones whose "reputation" was cast in doubt after a fiasco like that thing.

All that becasue of a lack of waving? Man-o-man.
sad.gif

well... i don't understand what the purpose was... but I wouldn't use the spoon you stirred with for eating anymore.

Pan,
So seriously, how is it that you get worked up about something so minor and don't get in more tight spots? Do you always kinda come on real strong -like in the beginning of that HD thread- and then back off and roll on your back once you realize you made someone a bit angry? I must say man, as I was reading that thread and I actually became embarrassed. Trying to anger the "other side" for the benefit of this board is a bit young at best. I mostly lurk on this board, but I feel for the fellas and ladies that are on here all the time and the moderators who go to great lengths to keep this thing clean and friendly; for they are the ones whose "reputation" was cast in doubt after a fiasco like that thing.

All that becasue of a lack of waving? Man-o-man.
sad.gif
I never backed down. I held my ground over there. But I also had to hold back in some instances to not really kickstart the fire that was already starting to burn.... but... in the end (my last post there) I let it be known... because some of those HD members were good enough to give me a legit reply. And also that gator guy came around and was cool with me. Hell, he even offererd to buy me a beer!

In the end, I think something positive came out of that thread, no matter how childish or minor is might seem in the grand scheme of things.... it made people there at least take notice about giving some courtesy and respect to their fellow bikers on the road.... no matter what they ride. That's all I wanted to happen... and I think that I was successful.

Bikers (no matter what we ride) share a common bond... a love for the open road, wind, freedom, and speed... and we also share the same dangers and pitfalls on a daily basis. I just was trying (in my own special way) to maybe unite HD cruiser riders and others to come to respect one another. But.... I'm not the President or anything, I'm just some guy in bumbleville AL...

About my first post.... hey, to get some attention you need to make your presence known. That's what I did. And it worked... and in the end they realized that I wasn't some punk and was there to take the heat like a man... and I did.

I actually, now, have more respect for HD riders than I did before.... so what I did (like it or not) has helped me. We all have our opinions, so I can respect those who either agree or disagree. Thanks.

Harley riders come in different forms. I'm sure there are snobs out there - the elitists of cruiser riders. I have met good ones and rude ones.

Can't say I want to go and set their manners straight. I'd rather just let them be. But I applaud your guts, Pan, for telling them how you feel.

I think you've got "the old time, real riders that ride Harleys" then you have the "wanna be" guys that just buy a Harley because of the name, then you have the "gang Bikers". The old timers will waive and so will some of the gang bikers, I think it is the wanna be ridders that just buy a Harley to say they own a Harley that feel it is degrading to waive to anyone not on a Harley. I actually think out of any sports bike, the Busa get the most respect from the guys that enjoy the sport and are real riders. I get more positive than negative. My old Hurricane 1000 used to be a topic starter just because it was one of the fastest 80's bikes made and I feel the Busa turns alot of heads.... It is a very respected bike and I think as a whole, us Busa riders do not follow the typical stereotype Sports bike rider that is riding wheelies, young and stupid and out to become road kill.

The Busa certainly does get respect. I've been told in person so many times that my bike is "nice" by rednecks in trucks, kids in mustangs, etc.... People respect and are in awe of the Busa (even if they really don't know how fast/great it is)...

I love owning a Busa. Like I said... it's the best purchase I've ever made. Period!

I AM Tom Cruise in TOP GUN!!!! I am living that life!!! I feel the need.... the need... for SPEED!!!!

Keep riding safe and fast... and always push it to the limit!!!!

PaNDeM1C!
aka Charlie

caio

Back