Ok, we may not always agree but...

the McCain campaign was doomed from the get go .....

As much as i liked him, how can the President of the United States not use a computer? this is 2010. this is the guy to appoint a supreme court justice, privacy online is a big issue.

she had days to prep for the intense spotlight of a presidential campaign. you can argue her politics all you want.....but you cannot honestly expect anybody to perform with the world watching with only a few days notice.

but like i said, most people would never give her a fair shot....

the founding fathers took great pains to separate the military and the Office of the President. this is not meant to exclude men with military experience, this was to separate control of the military to civilian leadership.

should the PResident have military experience....yes.

in fact only 12 U.S. Presidents did not serve in the military.

looking back on it, i probally should ammend that statement.... it wasnt so much no military experience i was aiming for... more no military super star types.... aka the Andrew Jacksons of the military...

I want our leadership to healthy respect for our military, and those who serve...and certainly an understanding of how the machine works... but i want to maintain that seperation at all costs...

I firmly believe in that seperation and the citizens having ultimate control over how that power is excersized... again, no Andrew Jackson types...

Back to Palin.... again, its not a matter of preperation.... you should be able to answer BASIC questions off the cuff no matter what about what you think, how you act, and where you get your information from...

BASIC questions...

Palin couldnt give any examples about a single news source she used, couldnt even intelligently speak about Roe v Wade or any other supreme court decisions...

these are things i think darn near any member here could do off the cuff, three beers deep into a conversation...

If someone came up to me and said "hey gk, where do you get your news from?" i could list off 10 news sources in 30 seconds that i check regularly... no questions asked..

if someone said, what did i think about the most recent Supreme court decision allowing financial contributions of corporations, i could immediatly speak of my opinions...

what prep time do you need, to answer a question about something you do every day...

if speaking frankly is her big selling point as some have said... why couldnt she speak frankly about her daily routine...

At the end of the day though, like i said, i just think the Rep's can do SO much better than her.... they have a plethora of VERY intelligent people... shes just not one of them..

the McCain campaign was doomed from the get go .....

As much as i liked him, how can the President of the United States not use a computer? this is 2010. this is the guy to appoint a supreme court justice, privacy online is a big issue.

McCain was doomed as soon as he decided to bow to the powers at be and try to "appear more conservative"

it was EXACTLY what caused me to vote against him....

under the pressure he cracked and swayed to the sound of the music....

side note: i met him last month at the airport... still very cool guy to meet..

McCain was doomed as soon as he decided to bow to the powers at be and try to "appear more conservative"

it was EXACTLY what caused me to vote against him....

under the pressure he cracked and swayed to the sound of the music....

side note: i met him last month at the airport... still very cool guy to meet..

yeah, i waited, and waited for the "maverick" to pour a can of woop ass on hillary or barak...but it never happened.

yeah, i waited, and waited for the "maverick" to pour a can of woop ass on hillary or barak...but it never happened.

word!

instead all we ever heard was "no really im a conservative... no really... i swear... really... see im shaking hands with "W".... see.."

i also wasnt i love with his "health care is a privlage not a right" perspective....

not saying that it should be given away for free a la govt... but i think it a country as great as ours, health care should not just be a "privlage" for those lucky enough to afford it...

blue collar joe earned it just as much as ceo bob...if not more so...

:beerchug:

Last edited:
because having at least a basic idea of who the actual enemy is, is usefull...

realising that there is a difference between sunni, shi'a's, sufi's etc. is important...

being able to carry one's self without sounding like a podunk moosehunter hockey mom to the rest of the world is important...

being literate is important, its not acceptable to never have read a newspaper..

saying things like " i have foreign policy experience because alaska is near russia" is NOT ok...

knowing the names of the continents is important, especially when we give billions of dollars of foreign aid to them...

the presidents first job, is as the representative of the united states... being well spoken rhetorically is a huge part of the presidents job..

and it is undenyable that Obama to date is one of the best speakers we have had in a long time....teleprompter or no... and all presidents(high public officials for that matter) use a teleprompter...

that said, if Rep's wanna run a non race... by all means, please put Palin up... lol

she can keep "going rogue" all she wants :thumbsup:

The republican party has some good "rising star" candidates, but dear god she is not one of them...

heck, if the republican party could actually put a republican up for once, rather than a super con bible thumper.... i might actually finally vote republican again...

the republicans need to get back to small goverment, and keeping goverment out of the homes, rather than trying to dictate social policy and cut taxes, while spending their heads off...

/rant off

DUDE, there ARE other channels besides CNN and MSNBC, really there are......
Just give them a try, you will be a new man.

The only reason she has appeal is because she was in that "Who's nailin Pailin" movie right ? :rofl:
Something about the democrats tryin to get her out of office or something.
Personally I didnt see it. :laugh:

Seriously its a slow war week. Not much to talk about.
She is no more than a commercial in between the real story who keeps getting played on the down times.
Like Danika she is only marketing herself and capitalizing on her current popularity.
Come 2012 she will have been long forgotten.

I'm still waiting to hear all about B.O.'s extensive experience before he was elected. Yea, he is such a brilliant man. He even managed to QUADRUPLE the national debt in one year! From about 400 billion in December of 2008 to what, 12trillion now? I know, I know , its Dubya's fault, right? So just explain exactly what qualified him to be prezbo, cause I really don't know, seriously

DUDE, there ARE other channels besides CNN and MSNBC, really there are......
Just give them a try, you will be a new man.

considering i watch neither... ill just say ok... closest i get to watching a televised news source is likely BBC america... or the local channel for the local news lol...

either way if your trying to recomend Fox News as an "alternate news source" then ill recommend you try some of your own medicine :laugh:

Zella he has zero qualifications.
He was not even born here...:O:hide:

What got him the job was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Still cant believe how close we came to 'President Clinton' and letting draft dodging run to Russia with love and burn American flags in red square I feel your pain Bill back in.....:deadhorse:..sorry..I'm still upset

First Man Bill Clinton...:rofl:

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear all about B.O.'s extensive experience before he was elected. Yea, he is such a brilliant man. He even managed to QUADRUPLE the national debt in one year! From about 400 billion in December of 2008 to what, 12trillion now? I know, I know , its Dubya's fault, right? So just explain exactly what qualified him to be prezbo, cause I really don't know, seriously

wait, so now hes responsible for national debt, BEFORE he was even in office...

i mean, i've heard of passing the buck, but thats special...

he wasnt even sworn in until Jan 21st for christ sake...

more so, what the heck numbers are you talking about... the national debt has increased by 1.6 trillion TO 12 trillion in the last year and a couple months...

thats compared to W's 4.9 TRILLION dollar addition to the debt himself...

and if you want to play push the national debt around...

Ronald Regan and George W Bush, and Bush Sr, just 3 presidents, are single handedly responsible for more national debt than the other 41 presidents combined....

yet they are supposed to be the fiscaly responsible party?

Now im not saying Obama isnt spending... he's spending like a mad fiend...

but lets give credit where credit is due first and foremost.

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

considering i watch neither... ill just say ok... closest i get to watching a televised news source is likely BBC america... or the local channel for the local news lol...

either way if your trying to recomend Fox News as an "alternate news source" then ill recommend you try some of your own medicine :laugh:

You know, I was trying to help ya', but you're not going for it......lol

The folly of Palin's high-priced 'populism'

By Katrina vanden Heuvel
Tuesday, February 9, 2010; 10:34 AM

Speaking to the Tea Party convention in Tennessee, Sarah Palin roused the upscale crowd with a dose of white-hot populism: "While people on Main Street look for jobs, people on Wall Street, they're collecting billions and billions in your bailout bonuses." She suggested that top bankers should be fired or prosecuted. "Everyday Americans are wondering," she declaimed, "Where are the consequences for helping to get us into this worst economic situation since the Great Depression?"

But Palin's populist formula hasn't caught on with congressional Republicans. Instead of trying to stir outrage on Main Street, they're focused on trying to rustle up cash and allegiances on Wall Street. The pitch: Wall Street should be experiencing "buyer's remorse" about Obama now that he's trying to tax and break up the big banks. And if you're ticked off by Obama's (mild) reforms and (albeit, occasional) upbraiding of "fat cat" bankers, then you should buy Republican. The Wall Street Journal reports that House Minority Leader John Boehner scurried to meet with J.P. Morgan chief executive James Dimon, a major Obama donor, stressing that Republicans opposed the president's moves to control executive pay and impose new banking regulations. Meanwhile, John Cornyn, the head of the committee in charge of raising dough for Republican Senate candidates, has been making regular trips to New York. "I just don't know how long you can expect people to contribute money to a political party whose main plank of their platform is to punish you," Cornyn told the New York Times.

It's clear that a financial-industry overhaul -- regulating and shrinking the big banks so that they don't go back to making risky bets with the confidence that taxpayers will cover their losses -- is necessary. But not one House Republican voted for financial reform in December. And bipartisan Senate negotiations on reform just broke apart over Republican opposition to creating a Consumer Financial Protection Agency, or any quasi-independent agency with the power to protect consumers from the abuses, predatory lending and frauds of the financial community. Not surprisingly, Sen. Richard Shelby, ranking Republican of the Banking Committee, has been raking in Wall Street contributions.

Republicans are demonstrating they'll go for the money -- national interest, be damned. And that attitude extends beyond financial reform. Take the Republican response to Obama's proposed overhaul of federal student loans. The president wants to move from subsidized private loans that the government guarantees anyway to direct lending -- a switch that could save an estimated $80 billion over 10 years. The savings from ending this classic special-interest rip-off could in turn be used to expand the number of Pell Grants to help poor students go to college and for tax credits to help working families pay for tuition. It is, as the president says, a "no-brainer." But there's enough lobbying money up against student-loan reform -- Sallie Mae spent $8 million on lobbying in 2009 -- that it apparently made Republicans think twice. When the House version of the bill went up for a vote last fall, all of six Republicans supported it.

Of course, courtship rituals between politicians and big money aren't new to Washington. And Republicans aren't the only ones playing the game. In fact, the banks' high-powered Democratic lobbyists are on the hunt for Democratic senators who will help kill student loan reform altogether.

The natural impulse for too many Democrats heading into a tough election year will be to compete for Wall Street money by diluting financial, student-loan and health-care reforms. That's why progressives need to move on three fronts. Expose how Wall Street interests and bipartisan lobbyists block reforms. Redouble efforts to pass the Fair Elections Now Act, so small "d" democratic public financing counters special-interest money. And challenge the Supreme Court's recent Citizens United ruling with a constitutional amendment strategy.

Democrats should also give Republicans plenty of room to do themselves in. By openly declaring themselves for sale to Wall Street, Republicans are displaying the kind of crony capitalism that drives Americans to form Tea Parties.

Ironically, this doesn't seem to bother Sarah Palin. Faced with a choice between subsidizing the banks and poor kids, she went with the banks, warning the Tea Party activists that the Obama administration is "taking over" everything, including "health care, student loans." With views like that, she won't have any trouble getting speaking gigs at $100,000 a shot.

Last edited:
wait, so now hes responsible for national debt, BEFORE he was even in office...

i mean, i've heard of passing the buck, but thats special...

he wasnt even sworn in until Jan 21st for christ sake...

more so, what the heck numbers are you talking about... the national debt has increased by 1.6 trillion TO 12 trillion in the last year and a couple months...

thats compared to W's 4.9 TRILLION dollar addition to the debt himself...

and if you want to play push the national debt around...

Ronald Regan and George W Bush, and Bush Sr, just 3 presidents, are single handedly responsible for more national debt than the other 41 presidents combined....

yet they are supposed to be the fiscaly responsible party?

Now im not saying Obama isnt spending... he's spending like a mad fiend...

but lets give credit where credit is due first and foremost.

Here...

Btw-Reagan spent a bunch on the military and the cold war
Carter couldn't find his :moon:
Clinton saved money cause he put the military in the toilet
Bush spent a lot building the military back up and Iraq

Not that the military is to blame or the only aspect of spending
but it is huge moneywise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to get Ross Perot in here with another pie chart as I am getting a little confused ?

Bush spent a lot building the military back up and Iraq
That worked well....
Bush virtually privatized the military, and made a few of his buddies a ton of money doing it.
Glen Beck is an alarmist windbag, concerned with nothing more than appealing to a particular group of people. He could not care less about this country, only his ratings.
I know you are an intelligent individual Justyntym, it saddens me that you waste any part of your life on this time vampire......

That worked well....
Bush virtually privatized the military, and made a few of his buddies a ton of money doing it.
Glen Beck is an alarmist windbag, concerned with nothing more than appealing to a particular group of people. He could not care less about this country, only his ratings.
I know you are an intelligent individual Justyntym, it saddens me that you waste any part of your life on this time vampire......

I"m more than open minded...feel free to point out any specific mistakes in his
presentations. As in this presentation, he used the white house's own numbers
that's hard to argue with...???

btw-Bush (either one) is on my list of most effective presidents...no one gets a pass
bassed on the initials after their name "D" or "R"...

Last edited:
I"m more than open minded...feel free to point out any specific mistakes in his
presentations. As in this presentation, he used the white house's own numbers
that's hard to argue with...???

btw-Bush (either one) is on my list of most effective presidents...no one gets a pass
bassed on the initials after their name "D" or "R"...
I haven't watched what you posted, but I was watching when he had a similar chart that in fact showed the surplus Clinto created, and he ignored it completely. His trying to lay the current economic condition at Obama's feet is pathetic. This is a result of both parties wasting money and not doing their collective job.
What exactly was Bush effective at?

Back