Ok, we may not always agree but...

Goatkart

Registered
Sarah Palin for president...really??

Come on Tea party republicans/conservatives....i KNOW you guys can do better than that...

:rofl:

seriously..... unless you want to HAND the election over to dems on a silver platter.. Keep that diseased woman away from your guy's party...

just a friendly PSA

Goatkart stranger things have happened.
Just look to our current admin for a prime example.
:laugh:

Why not, Pres is just a puppet anyway.
Obama cant carry a sentence without a teleprompter. Like hes any better ?
Why not a conservative woman who can shoot a rifle and doesnt mind camping in AK ?
She cant do any worse. To run on an anti war platform and then turn 180 and send 30,000 more troops to AFG is
honoring campaign promises I guess.

Last edited:
Goatkart stranger things have happened.
Just look to our current admin for a prime example.

Why not, Pres is just a puppet anyway.
Obama cant carry a sentence without a teleprompter. Like hes any better ?
Why not a conservative woman who can shoot a rifle and doesnt mind camping in AK ?
She cant do any worse. To run on an anti war platform and then turn 180 and send 30,000 more troops to AFG is
honoring campaign promises I guess.

because having at least a basic idea of who the actual enemy is, is usefull...

realising that there is a difference between sunni, shi'a's, sufi's etc. is important...

being able to carry one's self without sounding like a podunk moosehunter hockey mom to the rest of the world is important...

being literate is important, its not acceptable to never have read a newspaper..

saying things like " i have foreign policy experience because alaska is near russia" is NOT ok...

knowing the names of the continents is important, especially when we give billions of dollars of foreign aid to them...

the presidents first job, is as the representative of the united states... being well spoken rhetorically is a huge part of the presidents job..

and it is undenyable that Obama to date is one of the best speakers we have had in a long time....teleprompter or no... and all presidents(high public officials for that matter) use a teleprompter...

that said, if Rep's wanna run a non race... by all means, please put Palin up... lol

she can keep "going rogue" all she wants :thumbsup:

The republican party has some good "rising star" candidates, but dear god she is not one of them...

heck, if the republican party could actually put a republican up for once, rather than a super con bible thumper.... i might actually finally vote republican again...

the republicans need to get back to small goverment, and keeping goverment out of the homes, rather than trying to dictate social policy and cut taxes, while spending their heads off...

/rant off

i know it is popular to jump on the "anti-Palin" band wagon....but people are so worked up about her, i will never understand.

what about her is so bad?

in fact nobody knows anything about her, other than what the media has told you. the media destroyed her, because she was in oppostition to the "messiah".

Gokart,

Firstly, it's important that we not be intellectually dishonest about Ms. Palin. much of what you cited was talking point lies and disambiguations of what she really said.

However; I agree, she's not presidential material. I like Ms. Palin, I think she's a really nice and genuine person that really wants what it best for her family and her country. However, I think that's where it ends. You're right when you say that she's no brain surgeon...but then again, neither is Obama. Both figures do and would require a support staff to function as CIC. Again, neither has the credentials required in my opinion.

On a similar note, this whole Tea Party movement is going to be an interesting experiment. So far they haven't really produced any significant candidates and suggestions for change...aside from just change. Didn't we have that already?

I am still not quite sure what you mean.
Can you please just say how you feel....

:bowdown:

She has just been villafied and dumbed by the media.
Had she had their favor she too would have won the noble prize for NADA !
But then again I dont care.
They all need to go !
Here is my choice for 2012 ?
:moon:

Whats that you dont see anything.
My point exactly.
Throw them all out and start over.

VB the tea party thing has just turned into a moneymaker for some.
The tickets to the event in Nash were more exp than most could afford I heard.
I think it has lost its way.

VB the tea party thing has just turned into a moneymaker for some.
The tickets to the event in Nash were more exp than most could afford I heard.
I think it has lost its way.

Agreed...the whole $500+ per plate fee really sends the wrong message. If the Tea Party is supposed to be the party of the people, then it's not really how they want to go about it. $500 plate dinners is a Republican thing.

This brings up a really good thought though. What do you consider proper experience for being President? Do you want a lifetime politician or an average Joe? There are shortcomings from both sides. Your lifers are going to bring corruption and politics as usual. Your outsiders are going to have inexperience on the world stage, but may well have a very unique perspective too. Personally, I would prefer a CEO, someone with executive experience (it's notable that Palin has tons more than Obama.) At the very least, an executive would have a keen sense of fiscal responsibility, while the foreign policy can be attained via cabinet and VP (much like GWB did, love it or hate it.)

people have been mentioning this to me for the past few months. I just can't believe it. I don't see palin ever even representing a party to run for president let alone winning

She already represents a party in the eyes of many.....just ask Fox News. (serious)

This brings up a really good thought though. What do you consider proper experience for being President? Do you want a lifetime politician or an average Joe? There are shortcomings from both sides. Your lifers are going to bring corruption and politics as usual. Your outsiders are going to have inexperience on the world stage, but may well have a very unique perspective too. Personally, I would prefer a CEO, someone with executive experience (it's notable that Palin has tons more than Obama.) At the very least, an executive would have a keen sense of fiscal responsibility, while the foreign policy can be attained via cabinet and VP (much like GWB did, love it or hate it.)
If fiscal responsibility is your prime concern, then a CEO would do a good job, however I feel diplomacy is the key to a successful presidency. Not just in international relations, but domestic also. I'm so sick of party coming before constituents. I understand that certain concessions must be made in order to make policy, and that each individual's specific needs may not be met precisely, but at least those whose ideas are not furthered would be listened to, and their opinions considered.
I think lack of experience in the Washington status quo could be a benefit, but what I have seen of Palin has left me remarkably unimpressed. Bobby Jindal's speech on television after the election left me with the feeling that he certainly needed more polishing, he was obviously very uncomfortable on camera, but from what I understand about his philosophy he seems viable.

I think that's why GWB and Cheney made such a good team (love them or hate them, you can't say they weren't a matched set.) And while GWB ended up like a fiscal liberal in the end, I still think the ideal is solid. A President and VP, with varied backgrounds can contribute equally to the Presidency...obviously there's only one President, but you get my drift. The VP should compliment the President's weaknesses.

Jindal has some baggage....I can't recall the exact trouble, but there were some shady dealings that he needed to escape...maybe he already has, I haven't been paying attention. I love solid conservative ideals, so long as you can shelve the religious overtones and remember one glaringly obvious thing....you work for us.

I think that's why GWB and Cheney made such a good team (love them or hate them, you can't say they weren't a matched set.) And while GWB ended up like a fiscal liberal in the end, I still think the ideal is solid. A President and VP, with varied backgrounds can contribute equally to the Presidency...obviously there's only one President, but you get my drift. The VP should compliment the President's weaknesses.

Jindal has some baggage....I can't recall the exact trouble, but there were some shady dealings that he needed to escape...maybe he already has, I haven't been paying attention. I love solid conservative ideals, so long as you can shelve the religious overtones and remember one glaringly obvious thing....you work for us.
I think Cheney overstepped his position on several occasions, but that's on Bush for allowing it. I agree completely, President and VP should fill in each others weaknesses. Given the current political climate, I doubt we will achieve any form of "coalition" government any time soon, but that would be ideal. Not necessarily diametrically opposing positions, but not cookie cutter copies of each other either.
I'm with you on conservatism, minus the religion and adding the working for us. :thumbsup:

the sad part is...most have already made thier mind up on Palin. they have let the attacks of the media confuse the facts..

the only thing she was guilty of is inexperience, she was given two days notice that she was going to be placed in a world wide spotlight. she had no prep time.....she did not even have a wardrobe.

the media had a field day with the Palin families shopping spree in New York. yet somehow ignored the $1k and up dollar suits that Obama weras....Michelle wore $500.00 shoes to serve dinner to homeless people. yet they killed palin because the family needed to get some clothes.

another thing was the newspaper thing.....

nobody reads the newspaper anymore, Newspapers are going out of business. I am sorry, but the newspaper is dead. the real news travels at light speed, over the internet.

Obama had 4 years to get ready.....

PS: its funny that people call palin an idiot, yet she is smarter than most of us, has a college degree and has experience running a city and a state.

when most people cannot balance thier checkbooks.

PS: its funny that people call palin an idiot, yet she is smarter than most of us, has a college degree and has experience running a city and a state.

when most people cannot balance thier checkbooks.
You know as well as I do that this country is full of educated idiots, and the conference of a college degree, particularly a bachelors degree, is more indicative of an individual's ability to jump through the provided hoops than it is of intelligence.
None of the states, and most municipalities can't balance their checkbooks either. What's your point?
I don't know Palin, but what I have seen of her does not leave me dazzled by her brilliance. And those that think she is fit to lead because they find her attractive (see attached, I see it all over the place) are mentally deficient.

5d8d_1.jpg

I don't really think Sarah Palin should be the Republican's Candidate for President in 2012. While I like her style, I don't think she's got the experience at that level to be POTUS, but I do think she'd be great in another capacity.

However, she STILL has more leadership experience than our current President did; she ran a State, he ran squat....

I agree on the newspaper issue. I can count on one hand how many times I have read a newspaper for the purpose of obtaining news in the past decade.

Also, Palin suffers from GWB syndrome....people tend to associate her accent and demeanor with her intelligence.

Back