Ok, we may not always agree but...

One of our most revered presidents, in his earlier years was a leading man supported by Bonzo the chimp.
No one knows what greatness lays beneath, until exposed.

the sad part is...most have already made thier mind up on Palin. they have let the attacks of the media confuse the facts..

the only thing she was guilty of is inexperience, she was given two days notice that she was going to be placed in a world wide spotlight. she had no prep time.....she did not even have a wardrobe.

Afterhorus, i have to humbly disagree with you.... lack of preperation, seriously?

her failure as a candidate has NOTHING to do with media spin, and everything to do with her abilities... almost every time she made a singificant gaf, it was on LIVE public television... she was totally out of her depth..

Katie Couric's interview was hardly "catch her off guard stump you journalism" they were absolute base level questions...

her debates were attrocious... her answers to any REAL questions were "well im a hockey mom from alasaka you know" or "see im a rogue..."

she was demolished in the political ring...

her political career?what poltical career... her less than one term, governorship?? City Council and Mayor of wasilla, city of 5,500 people...

Then we can get into her attempt at book banning... oh yeah theres a defender of the american constitution right there....

her education? im sorry compared to current President Obama, or past presidents and most congressional members... she is a bleeding idiot... she has a BA in communications and journalism.. its a basic english liberal arts degree from a no name college, whoopy...

Obama on the other hand for instance is a graduate of Columbia, law degree from Harvard Law, served as president of Harvard Law Review, Lecturer and Fellow at Chicago Law, one of the best law schools in the nation...

EVEN George W Bush managed a degree from Yale.....

John McCain graduated from Annapolis...

but moving on....

In a presidential candidate...

Education is required.... Knowledge of world politics, and current events is required...

40+ AGE is required, in otherwords life experience...

Military service is a NEGATIVE feature, not a good thing...

Some experience in congress, and preferably cabinet seats... they need to know how our system works...

they MUST have traveled overseas, preferably extensivly...

they MUST have performed extensive community service.... this is where MOST americans who need help are, not the ones in banks and business...

just what comes to mind...

Um.....didn't she quit her elected job as Gov. of the state of Alaska???

yeah..... because she did feel she was performing well for the people of alaska...( if ya believe that i have bridge to no where in alaska to sell ya)

OR

IT WAS THE $100,000 PER SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT + FOX NEWS POSITION....

pays just a little better than her governorship did...

HAHAHAHA then it comes out today that sarah palin had the answers to questions she was going to be asked at her tea party engagement written on the palm of her hand...

caught on camera:rofl:

I can promise you one thing.
Whomever the candidate will be it will be somebody we and the press
are not familiar with today.
Just too far away to come out now.

Same thing will happen though .
I believe the majority of Obama votes were simply anti Bush votes.
In the end GB pushed em all away from the republican party.
I can see Obama becoming a one term lame duck blamed for all our probs in 2012 and all votes will be anti Obama votes.
Could be Bozo the clown won't matter he will win .

Lastly:
VOTE BLANCA IN 2012
Free Busas and Guns for all and like racing I will do it for free !

HAHAHAHA then it comes out today that sarah palin had the answers to questions she was going to be asked at her tea party engagement written on the palm of her hand...

caught on camera:rofl:

I just saw that, I think they were 3 to 4 talking points to talk about. 3 if you dont count the one crossed out. :whistle:

Disagree. Our President is a Commander In Chief, which means it would be nice if he had some idea of how his policies impact our armed forces.

Some experience in congress, and preferably cabinet seats... they need to know how our system works...
Knowing how the system works and seeing the corruption first hand are two different things. There's a reason why Presidents seldom come from Congress. We don't need lifetime politicians.

I won't really disagree with this except to say that "must" is a harsh word. They are the president of the United States, not the UN. There's no reason why travel would give them the experience necessary anyway. Well travelled does not mean you have a good grasp on foreign policy.

they MUST have performed extensive community service.... this is where MOST americans who need help are, not the ones in banks and business...
Strongly disagree. Community service indicates a hand-out, not a hand-up. We need leaders that empower our citizens, not hand them checks.

I can promise you one thing.
Whomever the candidate will be it will be somebody we and the press
are not familiar with today.
Just too far away to come out now.

Same thing will happen though .
I believe the majority of Obama votes were simply anti Bush votes.
In the end GB pushed em all away from the republican party.
I can see Obama becoming a one term lame duck blamed for all our probs in 2012 and all votes will be anti Obama votes.
Could be Bozo the clown won't matter he will win .

Lastly:
VOTE BLANCA IN 2012
Free Busas and Guns for all and like racing I will do it for free !

You very well may be right Blanca....

Though i see Huckabee and Romney popping back up....

I really dont think Jindahl (spelling?) is ready, he lacks some age and refinement .....

The biggest thing that i think could grab onto voters is someone actually going "roots" republican....

small govt. getting away from mandating social policy... promissing deficit reduction... showing some real convictions in staying away from big business etc...

americans are dieing for someone who actually seems to have their interests at heart and not politics and lobbists...

the things that are absolutly true...

1) encumbants always have an advantage...
2) obama can campaign like a mad man...

the next presedential race will not come easy to whom ever wins...

my .02

Last edited:
Disagree. Our President is a Commander In Chief, which means it would be nice if he had some idea of how his policies impact our armed forces.

Knowing how the system works and seeing the corruption first hand are two different things. There's a reason why Presidents seldom come from Congress. We don't need lifetime politicians.

I won't really disagree with this except to say that "must" is a harsh word. They are the president of the United States, not the UN. There's no reason why travel would give them the experience necessary anyway. Well travelled does not mean you have a good grasp on foreign policy.

Strongly disagree. Community service indicates a hand-out, not a hand-up. We need leaders that empower our citizens, not hand them checks.

First point, the commander-in-chief position was made by our founding fathers to NOT be a military controlled position... the citizens were ALWAYS supposed to be in charge of the military, not the military in charge of the military... this was done on purpose...

and thats before we look at our history of military men in presidential positions... we have a pretty abismal record when it comes to military heroes in power... and Dwight Eisenhower even advised against it specifically..

Second point, i agree to an extent as well, i guess its the problem with the system... you need to know how it works, but the system is the corruption in the end... how to rectify that would go a long way towards rectifying our govt. hehehe

Third point, the reason i put must on travel.... Knowing how the world see's america, is almost more important than knowing how america sees america...

It is important for who ever is in charge, to know what different cultures know about us... Other wise you end up relying on advisors to tell you what to think about it.... and in that case, we effectivly elected the advisor...

Fourth......

HOW THE HE.... seriously, how does community service indicate a hand out...

I've wheeled disabled veterans to the library for community service... dropped food off to the elderly for community service... taught children in after school programs because their schools couldnt afford books... taught classes at the library for community service....

how is that a hand out.......

community service is NOT the same thing as a welfare check.. but it certainly opens your eyes as to where real problems are...

I suppose I have been given a set of blinders when it comes to the term "community service." You'll have to excuse me, because I honestly didn't think of the positive actions that fall under that category. Unfortunately, all I can think about lately are Acorn and others that use that term as an umbrella for their shenanigans. I don't mind helping those that truly need help....but there is so much going on out there that cultivates a society of hand outs, it's hard to see the good ones.

I suppose I have been given a set of blinders when it comes to the term "community service." You'll have to excuse me, because I honestly didn't think of the positive actions that fall under that category. Unfortunately, all I can think about lately are Acorn and others that use that term as an umbrella for their shenanigans. I don't mind helping those that truly need help....but there is so much going on out there that cultivates a society of hand outs, it's hard to see the good ones.

Fair enough...

the Acorn was a real "special" kinda debacle...

and i mean seriously... did you see that kid.... what kind of IDIOT was working in that place that seriously believed he was a pimp...

he looked like a kid from the young republicans, dressed in a pimp hat...

they deserved to get caught if they were that dumb...:thumbsup:

just wait, next on America's Dumbest Criminals...

Acorn employees

Ok I'm sorry Sarah , but the clip of you checking your palm on stage for the answers they are showing on CNN is :

HiLarious Knee Slappin Action as my good buddy Ross Perot used to say.:rofl:

Boy how right he was !
"Giant sucking sound south of the border" with his pie charts !

His chances evaporated with the media reaction to his "you people" remark. Insensitive certainly, indicative of racist tendencies as portrayed? Probably not. I'm sure far worse things have been uttered by candidates and presidents over the years....
Shame that one small mis-step ruined him before he got a chance.

You guys are missing the whole Palin thing and under estimating her appeal.
She has a huge following...

The fact that Palin doesn't have a highly polish shtick of rhetoric for each and
every question is not only o.k. but part of her appeal.

That's what middle America is tired of (polished :bs:),
tired of being lied to thru our teleprompters.
Palin seems very honest but more importantly, she seems to have the quality
that is most lacking in Washington (un)common sense. Which includes but is
not limited to being fiscally responsible...you can't spend your way outa debt.
From what I read and heard she did a great job in Alaska.

The Tea Party, Republicans, and most of America just want someone to say
NO...you can't tell me, you let a "progressive" Senator walks into President Palin's
office wanting a handout would not get a foot up his :moon:
THAT is her appeal. Smaller goberment anyone????

America as a country first, what can WE do for America...not where's my free
stuff....

I agree with the statement that we have a lame duck president and the repubs
could run bozo the clown and still win, factor that with the following of Palin...

and she's hot too :whistle:

Afterhorus, i have to humbly disagree with you.... lack of preperation, seriously?

her failure as a candidate has NOTHING to do with media spin, and everything to do with her abilities... almost every time she made a singificant gaf, it was on LIVE public television... she was totally out of her depth..
Katie Couric's interview was hardly "catch her off guard stump you journalism" they were absolute base level questions...

her debates were attrocious... her answers to any REAL questions were "well im a hockey mom from alasaka you know" or "see im a rogue..."

she was demolished in the political ring...

her political career?what poltical career... her less than one term, governorship?? City Council and Mayor of wasilla, city of 5,500 people...

Then we can get into her attempt at book banning... oh yeah theres a defender of the american constitution right there....

her education? im sorry compared to current President Obama, or past presidents and most congressional members... she is a bleeding idiot... she has a BA in communications and journalism.. its a basic english liberal arts degree from a no name college, whoopy...

Obama on the other hand for instance is a graduate of Columbia, law degree from Harvard Law, served as president of Harvard Law Review, Lecturer and Fellow at Chicago Law, one of the best law schools in the nation...

EVEN George W Bush managed a degree from Yale.....

John McCain graduated from Annapolis...

but moving on....

In a presidential candidate...

Education is required.... Knowledge of world politics, and current events is required...

40+ AGE is required, in otherwords life experience...

just what comes to mind...

she had days to prep for the intense spotlight of a presidential campaign. you can argue her politics all you want.....but you cannot honestly expect anybody to perform with the world watching with only a few days notice.

but like i said, most people would never give her a fair shot....

the founding fathers took great pains to separate the military and the Office of the President. this is not meant to exclude men with military experience, this was to separate control of the military to civilian leadership.

should the PResident have military experience....yes.

in fact only 12 U.S. Presidents did not serve in the military.

You guys are missing the whole Palin thing and under estimating her appeal.
She has a huge following...

The fact that Palin doesn't have a highly polish shtick of rhetoric for each and
every question is not only o.k. but part of her appeal.

That's what middle America is tired of (polished :bs:),
tired of being lied to thru our teleprompters.
Palin seems very honest but more importantly, she seems to have the quality
that is most lacking in Washington (un)common sense. Which includes but is
not limited to being fiscally responsible...you can't spend your way outa debt.
From what I read and heard she did a great job in Alaska.

The Tea Party, Republicans, and most of America just want someone to say
NO...you can't tell me, you let a "progressive" Senator walks into President Palin's
office wanting a handout would not get a foot up his :moon:
THAT is her appeal. Smaller goberment anyone????

America as a country first, what can WE do for America...not where's my free
stuff....

I agree with the statement that we have a lame duck president and the repubs
could run bozo the clown and still win, factor that with the following of Palin...

and she's hot too :whistle:

u bring up some interesting points but i don't think she is that hot. Is her following really HUGE? I was unaware of such a following. Perhaps u r correct but I just can't see her ever coming close to being elected president.
When mccain picked her for his vp I said the moment i heard it that it was a mistake. it fired up his campaign for a couple days and maybe got some folks more interested in what they were doing but clearly in the end it was the wrong choice. I am not saying he would have won if he would have picked a more experienced vp but I think it would have helped

Back