Oh No .. Anothjer GPS Mount thread...

StwBusa

Banned
Ok I know this may well have been covered but searching did not reveal it...

The fuel tank has two bolts at the front, that to me at least look like a perfect place to fit a GPS mount to??? Has anyone done this or know of a mount that using this spacing to allow it to be mounted here?? If this has been covered and I missed it..sorry Don't flame me...:beerchug:

I have seen the following mounting options:
1. windshield
2. fork stem
3. cover of clutch/brake reservoir
4. mounting bolts for clutch/brake reservoir

Good place to poke around: MOTORCYCLE GPS (GPSCity.com)

as mentioned give Tim a holler over at Pashnit he should be able to answer all your questions and hook ya up!

(On a side note I have mine mounted to the brake reservoir)

I mount my 660 onto the tank bolts.

To me it was such an obvious idea as it stops the fairly fragile cable from flexing all the time. and stops the unit moving with the bars too.

It's a DIY mount made from just a 4mm x 30mm length of ally with a length of 25mm round ally rod bolted too it and a 1" ram mount screwed into that. Spray painted it gloss black so it doesn't look too crap. I have a pillar drill in my garage which made it rather easy to make.

If I remember rightly, the hole centres are 70mm apart.

One of my winter jobs is making a mk2 which is slightly shorter and a bit more professional.

Will post a pic later on.

Mounted there once.
Good unless you want to run a tank bag, then you start having problems.
Went back to a stem mount.

I know it sounds crazy, but when I needed to find out my exact speed using a Garmin GPS, I just used the normal windshield suction cup and mounted it to the center of the tachometer. It's glass and held up perfectly.

Back