Stem Mounting A TomTom GPS

piratediverjefff

Registered
Got a TomTom VIA 1535 TM GPS for my B-day Thurs.(59!)and naturally it appears to be one of the few that may not be able to be stem mounted using the Ram ball system as i can't seem to find a compatible cradle that will hold the unit/attach to a stem mount(have been buggin' Tim at Pashnit about it,i figure if anyone can get me sorted out he can:laugh:).I wouldn't have chosen that particular model myself(because of the stem mounting issue),but mama got it for me so guess i'm stuck with it.Really just wanted one to check my speedo and not have to carry hand written directions in my pocket whenever i get more than 10 miles from my driveway...i managed to get myself and kromdom lost twice last month when we rode up to Mojave:laugh:(an indicated 75 is actually 70 on this GPS unit,indicated 100 is either 91 or 92...and i threw together a quick safety lanyard for when i check out an indicated 186,just in case it wants to fly off.:thumbsup:For right now i have to use the suction device/off center but really want to stem mount it if i can ever locate a cradle,would surely appreciate any help.:thumbsup:

gps001.jpg

gps003.jpg

Thanks bro,i'll check it out and give ya a yay or nay(out of all the GPS's out there[even a bunch of the TomTom units],she has to get me the one causing me all this grief...maybe she planned it that way:laugh:).:thumbsup:

Just looked(tried their site yesterday)again,and have 44(i counted:laugh:)TomTom units...but don't show a mount for 1535TM.:banghead:

(why me[never fails],i'm a likeable feller and try to live by the Golden Rule every day:laugh:)

Oh well,gonna go out in a bit and check my speedo again.:thumbsup:

Thanks bro,
Jeff

(i did find this universal holder...but not sure if even it will work with MY unit:laugh:)

RAM Cradle Holder - Universal X-Grip

jeff,
I also looked at the universal x-grip but it had a "CAUTION" about motorcycle use due to vibration. Have you looked around here? Garmin GPS & Accessories, RAM Mounts, Lowrance GPS, TomTom GPS at GPS City

Steering stem mount was not option for me because I have a Scott's steering dampner. I ended up "assembling" my own mount for GPS and radar detector using the clutch reservoir mount.

NOTE: If only my GPS did not keep falling off or unplugging, then we would have used it for the Mojave trip :banghead:

...i remember that(it's krom's fault we got lost going to Mojave guys:thumbsup:).:laugh:

Mornin' krom,

Will check it out 'soon as i get back,headin' south on the 15 in 10 minutes for a test run...if you have your windows open you may hear me fly by.:thumbsup:

If I had a GPS I would not have been rear-ended, and I would have enjoyed the Spring Bash, and :laugh:

Happy Birthday old man :thumbsup:

I use the first one below. Comes in single tray, wide tray, and dual independant tray for two items. Velcro. Since 2001 Ive had a phone, a gps, a DVR recorder, MP3 player, etc and over 190 and never ever lost anything. Tray bends, tilts, folds etc, works great. Best IMO.

Tech10104.jpg

Saw this, never used it.

AdaptivMount_Spo_4c6c8483b941d.jpg

I have that last universal moint installed for my rear view camera kit. Think it was around $70 at star cycle.com the easiest way to drive and not have to look at directions is any smart phone with a gps navigator app and a ear bud. Phone stays in coat pocket ear bud wire runs up your sleeve and into your helmet. Voice directions tell you when 2 turn and when U wasn't suppopsed 2 turn. Too easy :whistle:

Thanks for the tips bros.:thumbsup:I finally got a mount figured out a few weeks ago(used that ball system)and including the cost of the GPS,the mounting system,and the 12 volt socket figure i have about $350 invested in it...haven't used it since(it sits here on the shelf next to the GoPRO i just had to have last year,never used it either).:laugh:

Back