Nor Cal ride hwy 162

from Pashnit.com

-------------

This little mountain pass in north eastern California is poorly marked on most of my maps, some even show this as a dirt road. (No, I don't know how old that map is.) It's not until you get down to the county maps that you realize that this little 50 mile long mountain surprise is undiscovered country. And what will really amaze you even more is the pavement.

Headed up the mountain eastbound, ride Hwy 70 toward Oroville and take Hwy 162 out of town. When you ride past the Forbestown turn-off up to La Porte Rd, and Oregon Hill Rd in Challenge, you may notice traffic is starting to diminish. Couple campers and lotsa boats. And for a few miles along the banks of Lake Oroville- I promise you- this is absolute heaven. And I have to admit, I was in such bliss (or rather extreme lean angles), I forgot all about getting any shots of this section of road. Like a race track. Smooth, wide, minimal traffic, little elevation change along the lake, endless curves ahead. Heaven have mercy!

Feb_2007_011b.jpg

Wish I lived closer Kento-moto, sounds like a dream ride come true, for sure!
Hey, on the brighter side of life, looking forward to meeting you down at Sears Point in a few. Pacemaster told me that he gave his cell # to you already! Cool! I think we're going to hook up with ozz (El Dorado Hills) and maybe others out of Sacto on the way down on Sunday the 20th.  
beerchug.gif

Been a year plus since I've been on your side of the mountain, looking forward to seeing some "green" scenery for a change!  
smile.gif

Back