No No not Joe Paterno?

If he knew about this and was helping with the cover up he deserves whatever happens. If he did not know about it then yes it is a shame to end this way.

No way does Paterno get a pass here.... no way whatsoever! :banghead:

While Paterno technically didn't do anything illegal, he did indeed screw the pooch on just about every other moral rule known to man for the sake of his legacy and football. Then there's this little matter of the PA Child Protective Services Law that compels educators to notify the police when there is a report of child abuse.

He didn't do it.

The people he reported it to didn't do it. They are all a bunch of moral cowards... covering their asses now because they didn't do the Right Thing (or even follow the law that compels them to report to the *police*... not the Athletic Director of the school VP.) It was simply not done. Not by the original witness, not by Paterno, nor any of the higher ups.

Instead they let the pedophile guy resign, then continue to "use" the facilities.

After reading the official presentment, perhaps you'll re-assess the matter.... you just can't go around raping 10-year-old boys in the shower, whether you're a catholic priest or a Penn St. Assistant Coach. (caution: this official Grand Jury contains eye-opening info):

In the end, this shouldn't be about Joe Paterno.... it should about several young boys who are permanently scarred by the child-raper.

I downloaded, started reading then deleted the grand jury report. Sickening!!!!!

I know he didn't do it. But didn't be do his part and report it long ago?
He was worried about his career of course but not the higher up who made the decision to continue the cover up, right? Just seems sad is all.

anyone who knew and didn't keep pressing the issue until it was heard and dealt with doesn't deserve a break in my book...consenting adults can do anything they want to each other and i couldn't care less but we must take care of those who aren't able to take care of themselves!!!

anyone who knew and didn't keep pressing the issue until it was heard and dealt with doesn't deserve a break in my book...consenting adults can do anything they want to each other and i couldn't care less but we must take care of those who aren't able to take care of themselves!!!

I completely agree. DOWN WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH! Oh wait, that's a different story isn't it :dunno: :banghead:

I know he didn't do it. But didn't be do his part and report it long ago?
He was worried about his career of course but not the higher up who made the decision to continue the cover up, right? Just seems sad is all.

IF...I repeat....IF the reports are true then ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
If you witness a violent crime, tell the cop next door across the fence then forget about it, have you done you due part if you never hear anything else? My opinion is no. You should take it to a higher authority. Especially if it is a violent crime against a child or some kind of person with a disability that otherwise prevents them from taking care of their self.

Warchild I read the PDF. :cry: I dont think Satan could write a worse story :(
7 victims? Almost ten years ago? I feel so sorry for the boys he did that too for they are irreparably scarred for life.

Sandusky needs to be tarred and feathered, set on fire and hung until dead. It should be done live on tv as an example to other pedos.

NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT'S NEEDED SHOULD SOMEONE LIKE THAT COME CLOSE TO MY KIDS, NOTHING.

I recant my plea for pity. It seems it was not just one incident but a factory for abuse and Joe knew about it.
He's just as guilty.

God things like this mess my head up? Why is Sandusky still even breathing?
Used to be the town folk could do what is needed on this case.

Just seems sad is all.

Well I definitely concur that this is sad.

However, there is little question that the Penn St Board of Trustees did the Right Thing.... both the Head Coach and the University President are held accountable for what transpires under them; this is the very meaning of the phrase "the burden of Leadership". Career military here at .oRg know *exactly* what I refer to.... it matters not that the CO wasn't anywhere near the actual violations conducted by personnel under their command; the CO is always held accountable. Samey-same for the situation here at Penn State.

Thus, the Head Coach and the University President were unanimously fired yesterday.

I hope the focus goes back where it belongs.... helping the damaged children and going after the pedophile. Just look at how long this predator has been raping young boys:

Timeline of key dates for pedophile Sandusky

Incidentally.... the number of Sandusky's child rape victims coming forward as of this morning has double the original count....

Ooof :banghead:

I fear more will come forward.

Ok so let's go round up everyone who knew and covered it up and ship tem to Afghanistan so the Taliban can administer some of their own justice since we are too scared to do so.

So NOBODY finds this less disgusting than the Catholic church? Hmmm. I thought more of you guys.. :poke:

:lol:

if for example a student brought to his attention that a janitor was raping a 10 year old boy in the locker room would he have reported it to the police and ensured that the janitor was fired and arrested? I would say absolutely so.

I have seen this behavior dozens of times before when a mothers boyfriend is sexually assaulting one her children and just ignores it because that damages would affect her personally and may lose that boyfriend and his financial support he brings to her life. its pathetic but happens all the time.

if the coach knew or had any idea that a child was being raped on his watch then him being fired is the least that could have happen to him. its no different then the Catholic church ignoring their priests behavior hoping it would never come out because the damage would be detrimental to their institution as a whole and hoping that it would just go away.

No I don't find it any less disgusting. Men who are suppose to be mentors to young boys molesting them no matter the profession or occupation should be taken out of society, PERMANENTLY!

^^ its one and the same to me bots. Anyone who does this to a child, or looks the other way, is a sick b*****d. Joe deserves more than just a firing, he deserves a beating from each of those kids and he should have to pay them damages.

all who knew should be held accountable, why the heck if you seen that would you not try to stop it or call the police, don’t just go tell the next person in the chain of command and hope something gets done, truly pathetic

I'd like to know why the janitor of grad student both of whom directly witnessed events did not issue immediate justice to him? There is no way I'd just turn away and go tell somebody if I saw a man doing that to a boy in a shower, no way!

It would be like 'I dont know what happened? He just slipped and fell and that broken mop handle punctured his heart? :dunno:?

Back