NO busa's on the track?

I took mine to a Track Day here in the St. Louis area back in August. Here's a link to my YouTube posting of the event:

- MCRA Track day at GIR on 8/16/08[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you like GIR on the Busa? I've not had any desire to ride that track with the Busa because its small and the transitions between the infield and oval are pretty bad.

It didn't bother me one bit. This was my first ever track experience, so I have nothing like Barber or Miller to compare it to. I did the "test the track" session. It was a totally non-competitive deal where you just got a chance to ride at a good pace with full supervision by control riders. There was a strict no-passing rule in effect and that was fine by me. I just wanted to see what it was like and concentrate on learning how to ride my bike better. I actually stuck it in 3rd gear the whole time. It bogged a bit in the slowest corners, but the lack of shifting freed me up to concentrate solely on controlling my bike. It was extremely fun and I learned a great deal about how far I can push the bike safely in a turn. I think it will make me a safer rider less prone to panic mistakes.

Iwas told the same thing about not bringing the busa but.....I want to get better on MY bike

Re: NO busa's on the track?

Iwas told the same thing about not bringing the busa but.....I want to get better on MY bike

That was the reason Lamb started doing track days on the missile. Boy, oh boy does it improve riding. Big time!! Confidence levels just soar.

Re: NO busa's on the track?

You will have a fantastic time at the track with the Busa. It requires more finesse to flick it back and forth, and yeah I get passed by the lighter bikes, (and Charles, and Lamb, and Devil Dog,):whistle:so what, I'm trying to be as smooth and fast and I want to be on my bike. Hanging off at 130 mph is easier on this heavier bike. Which handles the same as my olde 93 GSXR.

Web Dad Knee.jpg

Last edited:
I have done two track at Reno-Fernly... OH YEA what fun that was.....Raised it back up after seening the scrapage...

Damage.JPG

Back