Help with Track Bike!

Thanks Guys. Its been a longtime since I rode anything under 1000cc. Very excited to take this new bike to the track.

That 750 will surprise you. It doesn't have the down low grunt of the bigger bikes, but at 150hp in a 350lbs package, she'll move out.

Dennis I think I will need your help removing mirrors...these have signals built into them. Just left dealer will pick up my gsxr750 2007 with 9860 miles tomorrow. SUPER STOKED! has stock exhaust...but adding steel braided lines and BT003DOT tires for the track. Dennis this will be the first time either of us has had a 750 at ECR. Are you bringing Lucy too?

I left the mirrors on at HPR because it was too much trouble to take them off for 1 day. I'll have to think about it for ECR.

Yea that 750 has not been used properly..... You are going to fix that tho :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new bike and you made a good choice!!!

Wow... You know my name. I feel so special :beerchug:

You should try to make it our to Barber Motorsports Park sometime. And maybe we will make you an honorary member of TEAM GIXXER!

Always wanted to goto Barber! What are some of the dates you got planned? Maybe you guys can show me a thing or two on these smaller bikes!:D I definately would like to check out a different track. I have only been to ECR.

669 miles 11 hours I work weekends...that sucks for me..so looks like I will have to request whole weekend off.

WOW that is far but a lot of people make that trip to come to Barber.

And that might require more than just the weekend off....

ok so 3 days off...:D....yea I work a lot. Well Gonna prob shoot for that weekend. Do you guys do Both days??

ok so 3 days off...:D....yea I work a lot. Well Gonna prob shoot for that weekend. Do you guys do Both days??

Yea we always do both Saturday and Sunday.... It's seems like you are just getting started as soon as the first day ends

Congratulations on a great track weapon. The 750 is revered by many as the best track bike ever built. It's like a 600 on steriods. Still have to keep her cranked up to get HP though. Not like your busa where you have grunt throughout the RPM range.

Mirrors! There is a little trick I learned that makes mirror removal a quick easy chore. The blinker wire from the mirror runs between the plastic fairing and the fairing stay. The first time you remove the mirrors you will be forced to remove not only the two nuts that hold the mirror in place but the rubber gromlets that hold the windscreen in place so you can seperate the plastic from the metal fairing stay enough to pull the electrical connector located at the end of the blinker wire through. Follow the blinker wire to the connector which is just behind the guage cluster. Lift the little clip on the connector and pull the connector apart.

Once the mirror is removed, carefully remove the little rubber strip that sits between the plastic fairing and fairing stay at the mirror mount. With a sharp knife or razor blade make a hole in the center of the rubber mount where the fairing hole is located large enough to poke the wire connector from the mirror through. Now you have a clear hole to run the blinker wire through without removing the windscreen gromlets in the future. Makes the task simple, quick and easy as removing the two mirror nuts and un-snapping the wire connector in the future.

However, be sure to have blockoff plates to install for track use. Vortex makes some really fancy ones for around 30 bucks I think. I use the bases off of mirrors that have been crashed and broken. They don't look as nice but do the job just the same. If you don't have block off plates use a zip tie through the holes or you will loose the rubber strip between the plastic and fairing stay.

Note: Apply a little never sieze to the mirror nuts and don't over torque them or you may regret it. If the nut is over tightened it may spin the stud in the mirror base making it almost impossible to get the mirror off without damaging the stud and you cannot buy a new stud.

Have fun with that beast and take lots of photos when you go to Barber so we can watch you give the "Team Gixxer" crew a spankin! :thumbsup:

Congratulations on a great track weapon. The 750 is revered by many as the best track bike ever built. It's like a 600 on steriods. Still have to keep her cranked up to get HP though. Not like your busa where you have grunt throughout the RPM range.

Mirrors! There is a little trick I learned that makes mirror removal a quick easy chore. The blinker wire from the mirror runs between the plastic fairing and the fairing stay. The first time you remove the mirrors you will be forced to remove not only the two nuts that hold the mirror in place but the rubber gromlets that hold the windscreen in place so you can seperate the plastic from the metal fairing stay enough to pull the electrical connector located at the end of the blinker wire through. Follow the blinker wire to the connector which is just behind the guage cluster. Lift the little clip on the connector and pull the connector apart.

Once the mirror is removed, carefully remove the little rubber strip that sits between the plastic fairing and fairing stay at the mirror mount. With a sharp knife or razor blade make a hole in the center of the rubber mount where the fairing hole is located large enough to poke the wire connector from the mirror through. Now you have a clear hole to run the blinker wire through without removing the windscreen gromlets in the future. Makes the task simple, quick and easy as removing the two mirror nuts and un-snapping the wire connector in the future.

However, be sure to have blockoff plates to install for track use. Vortex makes some really fancy ones for around 30 bucks I think. I use the bases off of mirrors that have been crashed and broken. They don't look as nice but do the job just the same. If you don't have block off plates use a zip tie through the holes or you will loose the rubber strip between the plastic and fairing stay.

Note: Apply a little never sieze to the mirror nuts and don't over torque them or you may regret it. If the nut is over tightened it may spin the stud in the mirror base making it almost impossible to get the mirror off without damaging the stud and you cannot buy a new stud.

Have fun with that beast and take lots of photos when you go to Barber so we can watch you give the "Team Gixxer" crew a spankin! :thumbsup:

Why don't YOU come down and give us the spankin yourself, Blue Hair? :moon::laugh:

Fun over, Tuf's recommendation is right on the money. I drilled the hole thru the rubber grommet rather than cutting, and instead of blockoff plates I just use a 10-cent plastic wing nut/washer/bolt to hold the fairing down. Easy peasy. Using the method described above, I can get my mirrors off/on in about 5 minutes. Just have to normally unbolt and lift off the gauge cluster (1 bolt) to get to the plugs.

P.S. Be very careful not to drop those mirror nuts; or you'll spend of lot of time looking for them down in your bodywork...don't ask :banghead:

Thanks a Million Tuf! I will put this information to work for sure! :thumbup:

DiverMan, I'll Bluehair your A$$ :crowbar:

Actually, you don't have to remove the guage cluster. Just reach behind it with your fingers and find the connector, lift the little plastic lock with one finger nail and give the end closest to you a gentle tug and the connector pops right out.

I guess my hands are too big I haven't had much luck with that. You know what they say about small hands, right SteveO ???

You have a standing invitation to climb out of your wheel chair and come teach us whippersnappers a lesson! :laugh:

Do you think they'd let me take you for a two up ride around the track? :cheerleader:

I only have one bike left so if you are coming out this summer you'll get plenty of riding Biotch style :laugh:

Back