Nightmare

Count your blessings! Sprocket cover - $65, gear cover - $49, you and your wife okay - Priceless! Good luck getting everything fixed and back up and riding soon.

I still can't believe it happened, I went out on the busa last night because I just can't stand to let here sit there, keep in mind its 35 degrees, and so my wife says she wants to go also, we leave no big deal its had time to warm up so I get in it and we blast off, Wonder how it gives you that feeling every single time.  We get to town I make my deposit and we head back.  Theres a road on the way home thats a mile and a half straight and I'm in it, no biggy either do it all the time and my wife loves it, hit about 100 something and guess my chain snaps, and that was the first thing that ran through my head.  Thank god that my rear wheel is free because a lock up at that speed doesn't sound fun at all.  So I coast back to the road that turns to my house with the wonderful yet horrible smell of anti-freeze and oh yes oil running through my nose.  Get it home and in the garage and check out the damage.  Chain has gashed my swing arm, and wrapped itself very tight around the front sprocket, which the expanded chain reached out and broke the water pump and then jacked up some stuff on the gears, I would suppose because I can't shift at all or hardly move the shifter. I do have picks and will be sure to post then asap,  there were medal chunks falling out all over the place, I'm about sick as a dog right now, that bike is my baby, I'm sure you know how I feel.  Any clue on how much it will cost, might be easier after you have pics.  Anything like this happened to you all.
First of all bbbsleeper, I can't help but laugh at your screen name.  Usually people come up with a screen name that relates to something of significance to them.  I just can't help but laugh when I think of you "sleeping at the Better Business Bureau."
laugh.gif

On a more serious note, this is what I'm guessing that you've damaged and will have to replace:  Water pump, front sprocket cover, and gear shift cover.  I'm not at all sure what a new water pump will cost, but I've had this issue and I know that a new sprocket cover costs about $65, and a new gear shift cover cost about $49.  One word of advice, make sure you have the RIGHT TOOLS for the gear shift cover removal and install.  Oh yeah, don't forget to order the gasket that goes with the gear shift cover.  You can order everything you need  You're gonna need a small combination wrench in the size of the bolts that hold the covers on.  I can't remember, but I think it may be a 5mm.  Trust me, there is one bolt that is just inside the frame that is next-to-impossible to remove.  If you don't have the right tool, your first inclination will be that you have to remove the engine from the frame to get to it.  The right tool and a little patience on your part will make this job possible.  Good luck dude.

Brian
Just so you know bbbsleeper has been my handle for a while, it actually stands for big bad black which is what I called my 95' impala SS, it was a SLEEPER, ya know. Ok I just thought I might clear that up. Don't think you hurt my feeling, I know you meant no harm.

I got a DID and new sprockets...and they will go on first thing in spring....March/April???

The freaking masterlink kit was back ordered for a month and I did not want my chain attached with a clip.

And I like the gold color too....it aids in determining how dirty your chain is so maintenance is done more frequently....

Just an update, I did take the bike to the dealer, the case is cracked and holy crap it will cost 1800.00 just for the case SET, anyone know where I can get just the bottom half for a good deal, I feel like a freaking idiot because I missed a deal on ebay for exactly what I need for 365.00, dang, even talked to the guy and it had 3500 miles and it and in great cond. Any help in this is would be great. Still have to find out is the chain lost the master or just broke because I would love for the company to cover some charge, the make a lot more than I do. I am still working on those pics, really sorry for that, I know how we are a pics crowd.
sad.gif

Glad you're both ok, I would take Bacharles' advice and get the DID,I learned something new today, Ididnt know that they came prestretched from the factory, the stock chains look good, but they stretch fast and break, dont ask me how I know this!
smile.gif

Back