News coverage comparison with Vietnam?

(WWJD @ May 30 2007,17:22)
(VaBusa @ May 30 2007,11:46) I watch the news so I don't live in a box
hehehe... now see... I PERSONALLY feel that believing that >IS< living inside the box.  it's like the big lie:  THIS is important because we grow up doing it and accept it as normal.... IE the box.  we are what we eat.... mentally...DAILY.  but you know how I feel  ;)
...perhaps you missed the part where I said I don't believe what is spoon fed to me...that crosses over in nearly every aspect of my life.  I don't take much for face value and I'm queen of cynicism...  
wink.gif

Do you read the papers?  You hate TV, we know that, so how does one such as yourself know what's going on in the world?  Sensationalized or not, surely you know what's going on around you in one way or another...  
rock.gif

I'm glad you don't always believe it.

for me no papers, no News on TV, I hear people talk about things way outside the boundries of thier control and usually in another contry... I would RATHER they talk about what goes on in THIER neighbor hood or family and how it is great or getting fixed - but I understand work laws do not permit people to discuss their private lives with fellow humans.

I'm aware of a war that I have nothing to do with - I would fight if asked but I'm too old to be asked now I guess and am not employed by the Amry or anything...

MOST news I hear from THIS place.
smile.gif
I don't click it, unless it's related to my neighborhood or family, and my stupid HOTMAIL has links in my face, that my morbid curiousity can't resist sometimes and usually regrets clicking on.

News that you can't change is just gossip.

You can't see the pointless of news while in it. You have to cut it off to see how it is - and then you get more free time too!
smile.gif

I'll send you $100 check if you can avoid TV, Papers, news magazines, radio news for 30 days. Honor system on your part.
smile.gif

News is NOT mandatory in life. I'm living proof. I do think the constant onslought of negativity is bad for health

smile.gif

smile.gif

I guess I should stay on topic here and chime in that I totally agree with that Iowa soldier. Media is HELPING the enemy. Yet another reason I don't support it

(WWJD @ May 30 2007,18:44) I guess I should stay on topic here and chime in that I totally agree with that Iowa soldier. Media is HELPING the enemy.  Yet another reason I don't support it
I used to be totally into it and involved and informed. I was a miserable prick that would argue till blue in the face
argue.gif
to get my point across to people that are totally clueless.
This fact will always remain.... Harvard, Yale and Princton elite pricks will always run things and pork us sideways till doomsday and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Vote...people say...yea, for the next Harvard yutz. Lawyers should be automatically exempted from politics. Maybe then we could run things based on common sense instead of loop-holes and complex jargon aimed at making $.
I CHOOSE
brave.gif
to ignore everything now, no news, no papers...nothing, because it just makes me a more ignorant and therefore a HAPPIER person. Paris Hilton must be Buddah...
I've had it with fighting.........Party On!!!!
beerchug.gif

Back