New exhaust pics

DD, Thanks for the prior links. Second one was no good... I see you went with a 4 into 1 system. Did you notice a differance in power or performance? I figured it would be better keeping the 2 into 1 type for breathing beni's.
smile.gif
Its all a matter of choice.....some go 4-2-1......others keep the stock configuration.

Basically,  This is what you must decide first:

*Keep your stock exhaust and only install slip-ons.
*Change everything but keep dual exhaust........IE  HMF
*Go w/ the 4-2-1 config

I am happy with what I did.  If money were no object,  I would have really considered the HMF high mounts.  Although this seems easy, much is involved because the rear fender must be cut to facilitate the high mounts. Some other members have just cut the rear fender and left it like that......I would have wanted an undertail kit which is another expense.  My rear is presently stock.....military base regulations make it hard to install an undertail and still meet all the regs.  They want a rear fender, reflectors, license plate light, and rear turn signals which can be seen from 300 ft.  Really a pain.....All these factors lead me to the 4-2-1 config.
Not trying bost or brag but $ is no biggie. I just want the best for the bike. What looks, sounds and performs the best. EX. I searched High and low for the Titanium full race exhaust on my 99 zx-750 back in 2000. It had 3 races on it and I cought it on Ebay for 259.00 the friggen exhaust cost 1500 -2000k back then. just under 8lbs in weight. Now The busa has twins and can get costly, this is why I search for the opinions of you guys. If I can go with a single system that will perform better than the twin I'll spend the extra money.... I checked out that gen 3 streetsmart system with the titanium can & considering the 1700 ECU but I don't have a lap top...lol
Is this something that I should consider? I called the Brooks company and they said I'd get more for my money if I went with the Power comander or ECU.  I'm use to Carbs, this bike is too high tech for me...lol JK
If $$$$ is no object...the HMF is an awesome system....do a search in the Mod department, tons of pics

DD you are the man!!!. Thanks for the web & pic. One question for ya, maybe 2. Does that pipe discolor the swing arm? Looks close to it. Alright 2nd question,lol. Does the mods only effect the underside of the tail? I see that the top painted section is intacted... Damn a 3rd question,lol Will the wife feel the heat of that pipe and burn her legs? She has 2 scares from the Muzzy...lol
wow.gif

http://www.hmfengineering.com/

This is not my bike but here is a pic of the HMF hi mount....they are sweet!!
DD, That's the website before that gave me an error on the sportbike page... Check it out and let me know if my comp is the prob... Thanks. Maybe I have to delete my cookies....
Website is down, try this:
http://www.parts411.com/acb....ID=3704

The pipe if installed correctly should not discolorr the swing arm or melt plastic.

Mods will include the following:
Exhaust install from headers to cans, $1250
Remove rear turn signals and install undertail kit or merely cut OEM fender, $250-$350
Install PCIII w/ appropriate mapping, $350
I put the average price off top of my head....will definately be a little different. Don't forget labor to install if you're not gonna do it yourself. I did mine.....It took me 8 hrs w/ no help. You have the added task of the undertail replacement or cut.

Nice pipe You had DD......those HMF they don't only show nice....they sound perfekt too....one of our busanist-member had those pipes on his 03 special edition.....

I myself have Acrapovic Full Race Titanium with carbon can,PowerCommander 3 usb,airbox-mod by sjonny's,tre,BMC-filter...and it's working like wc in train...if you know what I mean....
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Agostini
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122560339 -->

What air box mods do I have to do too? I hear you guys mentioning it. I bought the usb pcIII also, I down loaded the mapping for Hindle race exhaust. Is this the correct map? Thanks for all the help DD. Can the stock turns stay in place with the high mount? I really don't feel like dremling the new bike...lol

What air box mods do I have to do too? I hear you guys mentioning it. I bought the usb pcIII also, I down loaded the mapping for Hindle race exhaust. Is this the correct map? Thanks for all the help DD. Can the stock turns stay in place with the high mount? I really don't feel like dremling the new bike...lol
If you get the BDE, PCIIIr from Brock.....he will also send you the directions for the airbox mod. This mod consists of drilling the plastic airbox to increase airflow. The mapping on the PCIII supports this mod. I used Brocks blockoff plates for the valveair removal as well. I have seen other ways which are a lot cheaper with the same results for the valveair removal but I used his complete package.....OTD $1250, 8 hrs of hard work. Great directions and plenty of technical help via a quick phone call if needed.

Will it void warrenty and extended?
Now you opened a can of worms......It depends on your service manager. If he feels the mods that are installed caused another problem or contributed to another failure.....then yes.

My bike is 2 months old.......I have the extended warranty too. I pray for no problems.....

Talking bout the exhaust.....yes, you should be golden. I've thought of that too. But man thats a lot of work!!!!

Talking bout the exhaust.....yes, you should be golden.  I've thought of that too.  But man thats a lot of work!!!!
For me, worth not losing 3k on an engine job or something...lol I'll take a day off from work...lol, DD Thanks. If you come across sound clips of the different exhuast send them my way. I want to hear the sounds before purchase. Thanks again....

Back