New BMWs on the way

Their ad fails to mention that it lost out to the Aprilia for sportbike of the year in Motorcyclist mag. Just an oversight on their part I'm sure.....

Hey, how come we don't have 50 threads about the Aprilia on our forum anyway?:whistle:

BTW - Suzuki won....Nada, Zero, Zip.

When was the last time Suzuki won any catagory in the mags...???

Good question. It seems to me though that the GSXR-1000 has always been right near or at the top of the heap of liter bikes since it came out in 01? The 600 has done pretty darn well too I believe? The only bike they let down at all I think is the busa unfortunately :whistle:

While we revel in glory of actually being able to buy 2011 Suzukis with
BNG (Bold New Graphics) :bowdown: Thank you suzuki motorcycle gods, we are not
worthy (note the sarcasm)

BMW is set to release two new models with their 6 cylinder motor...
The BMW K1600GT and GTL (Note the engine size Suzuki).

Here's the article (also on BMW's website, but the link didn't work)

BMW K 1600 GT and GTL: BMW Previews Six-Cylinder Tourers « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Items of note, 160 hp (no biggie) But...175 newton meters of torque, translates
to 130 ft pounds (that'll have some umph). And the things is gotta be silky smooth...

Hats of to BeamerVille for not sitting on their can...

Be careful what you ask for least you get what you ask! ???

Hells Bells, I have a tough time managing the HP I alread have and more of it certainly won't make me any faster but it will put me on my head much quicker! :beerchug:

I think Suzuki has focused on their car line recently. Saying that, however, they were really late to the large scooter scene in Japan, they'v really dropped the ball on their cruiser line and have shown no imagination in their recen offerings.

That's how Suzuki has worked since the X6 Hustler, the first six-speed common street bike. And when that faded, the Titan 500 (yawn), the GT750 (Zzzz), the rotary whats-it (Yikes).

And then out of nowhere... KABLAMMM!!!

The Suzuki GS750/1100E, the Gixxer lineage and finally the Busa. When they get ready to move, they don't fool around

Back