New bike decision

If only Rooster was as funny as Chris Rock...haha

Ron223, good point. I'm just looking to upgrade from a smaller bike I had. Recreational use, probably no track days. Power to be fun and functional. I'd like to get something that I won't outgrow, but from what I've read that shouldn't be an issue with either three of them.

My Busa is my third bike, I started with a Gixxa 600 and then a Gixxa 750 and went to the Busa. I'm not into tricks but love to get low and twist the throttle any chance I get. That said, the 600 is an incredibly fun bike! I didn't realize how much so until I sold it. Be clear, any of these bikes have more capabilities then most of us will ever use. The 750 was also great! Both were light, easily flickable from side to side and had plenty of power as well. The lower the cc is the more shifting you will do to stay within desired RPM/torque ranges. I also bought into the tales of the Busa being heavy, etc. which made me skeptical. I've rode 1000's and they are awesome but not forgiving if you don't have good throttle control, that would apply to the Busa also. I also enjoyed riding all day and would get very uncomfortable after about an hour and a half on the Gixxa's and it was very uncomfortable for me and my lady when riding two up. So, I decided on a 2012 Busa... My friend, I can only tell you I have not regretted it for a moment! Im in love with this machine! Truly! It's the most incredible machine of any sort that I have ever ridden. Mine is still stock and still has power and torque in any gear at anytime that blows my mind! It wasn't long before I clearly understood why this bike has a cult like following. It's heaver handling it upright and slow maneuvering but when your going I don't feel it and yes, I've been shocked by how agile it is and easy to flick low through turns. It's much more comfortable for both myself and lady and overall it's just the sh$t! I would only caution you depending on riding experience. Take your time learning the torque especially while leaning cause she does have enough to spin the rear from under you if your over and get to excited on the throttle. The Busa is a monster but controllable and the only sport bike I personally could see myself owning now.

I know that was long but just sharing my experience and hopefully that helps. Good luck and be safe!

Given your statement I would go Busa. The 750 and 1000 would probably be better to tear up those mountain corners the Busa isn't bad, everywhere else I will have to give it to the Busa. Absolutely no doubt on whose the king of touring and two up.

GSXR750 isnt even in the same league as a Busa. If you ride a Busa you will be bored on a 750

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Lets understand that works both ways, no one ever intended the GSXR 600, 750, 1000 and the Busa to be in the same league. It's 100% true that the Busa can be rode around curves efficiently, but lets face it its a sport touring bike ment to be good in many conditions.

The GSXR 600 750 & 1000 are sport bikes with no consideration for touring. They are not real comfy to ride long distances, they arnt ment to carry much weight. They were built as close to race spec that they can be with over all price a major factor. They have all been championship winning bikes. The GSXR 750 was the most winning bike in road racing for years. It was the first fuel injected sport bike, its also the last 3/4 bike, Suzuki followed suit when others started making larger displacement bikes to compete with GSXR sales. Along came the 1000 cc sport bikes.

With many mods the Busa can be a great drag bike and with many mods it can be an ok curve cutter. Out of the box with FREE suspension adjustment the 600 750 & 1000 are ready to take to a race track or The Dragon.

With a few mods the 600 750 and 1000 will be excellent curve cutters, with lots and lots of mods they will make an OK drag bike. They will never be comfy for long distance or carrying a passenger for a long distance. I have rode a Busa around Nelson ledges where I was the 2004 heavy weight endurance racing champion on a GSXR 750 and I'm gonna tell you right now you better be one hell of a good rider if you think your gonna ride a Busa as fast around curves as you could a 600 750 or 1000 that comes from the factory to ride around curves.

ALL BOILS DOWN TO WHAT KIND OF RIDING YOU WANT TO DO. The Busa is an all around good for most applications motorcycle. Ill stick to my 750 as so far I'm always first one to the next stop. :-)

Thanks everybody! I will keep you posted which way it turns out! Hope to see many of y'all at the spring bash as well! (Preferably with a bike :laugh:)

The kid is now one of us. He bought this 2002 LE from another board member today. He loves it so far.

20130330_182433a.jpg

DK beat me to it. And...I love it. Thanks for all the help y'all. Oh, and ^^^ about the slip ons...:)

Depends on how you're tinking of riding it, your height, weight, etc. I personaly LOVE the Busa. If you ask me about what I choose, I'll take the Busa over any other bike any day

Depends on how you're tinking of riding it, your height, weight, etc. I personaly LOVE the Busa. If you ask me about what I choose, I'll take the Busa over any other bike any day

Oh, I haven't notice that you already bought the Busa. Nice bike! Congrats!!!

Good decision....i've had all the gsxr's bar the 750...... The 600 gets tiring constantly changing gear to get in into the right revs.
The 1000 is a great engine that for a lighter bike is a close match to the busa but 2 up becomes nervous on some roads.
The busa may loose out the its little cousins for sporty stuff but makes up for it by being the better allrounder.....plus they are so nice to ride regardless of the speed and super stable.

Thanks on compliments! :thumbsup: I am officially hooked. Now if I can just stop trying to find more cool things to buy for her...:laugh:

Back