Need suggestions on Frame polishing

do tell homie???

a nice step-by-step with a lil 'pizzaz' would be loved by all: throw in a lil' "Emiril" style:
"okay, once you have the frame stripped of coating, you hit it with the sander n 220 paper...BAM! now you got a smooth surface, then you get your woord strip wheel an BAM! just a touch of Mothers' Polish here and BAM! BAM! BAM! now you gota niiiiiiiiice clean, polished frame. Delish!"
all_coholic.gif

I do polishing and Im also making a how-to-polish video for just this reason..

Im in Connecticut and not far from Mass..anyone what their bike done let Me know!!

I can do small parts threw the mail or full custom jobs!!..Been doing it for over 20 years!!!

(203)768-2710

Hers a few pics of My work for those Who havent seen it>>

3a05d480.jpg

SA400025.jpg

SA400031.jpg

2004-8-919.jpg

SA400001.jpg

SA400032.jpg

almostdone086.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0110.jpg

jump9.gif

You could send it?
rock.gif
???.......lol

No offence to anyone Who has them..But personally seen them and think those frame covers are crap!!!!

muscle.gif
muscle.gif

muscle.gif

(darth frosty @ Feb. 02 2007,03:54) E-racer I wish I was in your area.  Thepushercg how are the frame covers holding up for you.  Pics would be nice.
beerchug.gif
no problems, they look as good as new after about 7 month.

e-racer that is top of the line work
bowdown.gif

All you need is time and patience time and patience. But a little education on the subject never hurt neither

Big D
Eastwood company has a ton of polishing tools, supplies, compounds, and INFO for for what you need to do....

Check out this LINK

Kinda pricey but have good service and they ship quick.

Where to get 2000 grit sandpaper, hold on I think we have some at the office.

Yep, it was in the bath room, let me know if you need a roll.

u mean like a lil Black & Decker/Craftsman? or better Quality?
what kinda buffer u use?

I'll probly buy this stuff cuz some ridn bros are guna chip in $$ n then when Im done, all the equipment will just mosey on to the next guy, so dont wana skimp on important stuff then f@*k up my frame...thanks for tip E-racer, your work looks awesome!
beerchug.gif

I have a crafstman and a Dewalt..they both will work..

funny thing there pretty quite when new..now mine makes a roar!!!!!!!!!!!

best tool though for the job,no air compressor needed,make sthe welds nice like little speed bumps,and 8 by11" sandpaper sheets are pretty cheap..start with 80 grit to get the clear and ruff spots..then go,180,220,320,400,600,1200,1500...You can also go to 2500,but do the 1200 and up wet as it wears out very easily on aluminum...

Making sure You have all the deeper marks from the previous grit gone before going to the next..

I then use a car buffer with the mothers in the red/white can...followed by the billet by hand..

Good luck and Thanks for the compliment!!

ps..I just use the car buffer on the main frame..use the bench grinder(WITH BUFF WHEELS)and hand held diegrinder for the hard to reach areas and inside the holes ect..

thaks for all the tips guys, E-racer esp-talked to a brotha last night @ dinner and we're gonna get started hopefully end of this week!
super.gif

the maintenance end of this is what scares me. I dont have time to spnd polishing on a frame all the time....

Back