Frame polishing?

fasteddieboy

Registered
I am looking to get my frame polished and was hoping someone could give me an idea of cost? I only want to do the parts than can be seen. I'm looking for a mirror shine. I like the look alot and want to do it before spring. Just want an idea of what it should cost me. Appreciate any help!
'02 Busa blue/black

I believe its a DIY project, shouldnt be to expensive at all. I dont know all the details, but it takes a good bit of time and upkeep when its done. Does look SWEET tho:thumbsup:

Don't do it, go chrome. Been there, done that, alot of folks agree too. You will spend more time cleaning and polishing than it's worth. Water, humidity, your leg rubbing against the frame, everything mars the finish and it instantly begins to look cloudy. It will oxidize quickly even if you don't touch it. There is no good way to clearcoat it either. As you would have to clean away all the polishing compound for any sealer to stick. Cleaning it away will mess up your shine. The easiest way for shine is chrome frame covers(unless you have the time and money to chrome the frame) and a chrome swingarm.
Unless it's a showbike or you're OCD when it comes to cleaning your bike...run away!

Search, there is a whole thread on DIY. In my opinion, I wouldn't do it. I did it and the maintenance is ridiculous. Keeping the frame clean is the worst. Every time I turned around, I had to polish it up because the frame gets dull. If you can't afford Chrome buy chrome frame covers. Ball-Z Motorsports has them. The bike gets hotter too. I had a few problems with it while riding at low speeds. Like I said, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!:whistle:

I did it to my old TLR and looks great up keep is such a pain. I had about 45 to 50 hours in it but is was flawless. I have seen it priced around $350 to $400 if I was doing it for someone that would be the minum I would charge it is a lot of work to do it right. and you will have no fingerprints left from sanding

i did this on my old tl100r as well. i will never ever do it again. my advice dont. you will not believe the amount of upkeep it will take not to mention no matter what it will never look like chrome. it just isnt worth the effort if you plan on riding the thing.

Agreed! I did mine in 2002 and I still have the bike....and believe me it looks great, but what a pain in the a$$ to keep it up!

Search, there is a whole thread on DIY. In my opinion, I wouldn't do it. I did it and the maintenance is ridiculous. Keeping the frame clean is the worst. Every time I turned around, I had to polish it up because the frame gets dull. If you can't afford Chrome buy chrome frame covers. Ball-Z Motorsports has them. The bike gets hotter too. I had a few problems with it while riding at low speeds. Like I said, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!:whistle:

I put the frame covers on mine...EZ keep up!!!
View attachment 1544593

polishing is a pita dont go that route, chrome just costs a little more or powder coat..

I'd go the frame cover route, i polished the frame on the 900RR and it wasnt bad but was more of a "bare" aluminum than the busa's have. Upkeep was a pain as well as keeping the swirls out.

I got a price from a local place to have mine dipped and uh yea, gonna paint it black:whistle:

Call Me..(203)768-2710

SA400056-2.jpg

Back