Polished frame

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I just went by the guys house here in town that does polishing.
He's doing my frame and it's awesome! My frame, yes MY frame, looks like a mirror. No swirls, waves or marks of any kind. It's identical in shine and finish as my new chrome swingarm.  I had him polish only where you can see it when the bikes assembled. I'm gonna have a completely different looking bike at the Busa Bash this time.

I pick up the frame tomorrow, pics will follow.

Can you tell that i'm happy?  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

jump9.gif

slider1.gif

egitarre77.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138676928 -->

It cost me $175.   The guy is good and cheap. It's all under the table work.

He's doing my forks and misc parts for me too for an extra charge.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138679037 -->

Spigga hates teaser posts!

$175, WOW! Someone offered to do mine for $600. I figured I'd stay with my dull grey frame instead.

Hurry up with the pics and then tell me if it's a pain in the arse to keep it clean! I'd love to do it, but don't want to have to continually polish the frame every time it gets a drop of water on it...
sad.gif

It's going to look sweet on your Busa though...

Hurry up with the pics and then tell me if it's a pain in the arse to keep it clean!  I'd love to do it, but don't want to have to continually polish the frame every time it gets a drop of water on it...
sad.gif

Not a pain to do, VA, but it does take some time. Mother's makes some good stuff to take care of it for you though and you can probably do it in about a half hour with practice.

Hurry up with the pics and then tell me if it's a pain in the arse to keep it clean!  I'd love to do it, but don't want to have to continually polish the frame every time it gets a drop of water on it...
sad.gif

Not a pain to do, VA, but it does take some time.  Mother's makes some good stuff to take care of it for you though and you can probably do it in about a half hour with practice.
+1
My frame's polished, and it is beautiful.

sad.gif

It is sort of a pain in the arse. If you do get water on it you need to wipe it down ASAP. I used to polish a lot. Kind of hadf a little buisness doin it too. Got tired of people neglecting their polish and then saying I didn't do it right. Its like well if you wanted the easy cleanliness and no maintenence shine. You should have bought chrome. It looks nice. Just whatever you do make sure that whoever does the polish is good. If not your bike will look cloudy or a lot of polishers don't get all the scratches out. Remember under a flourescent light you will always be able to see minimal scratches.

Yeah, that's the kind of maintenance I just don't have time for...too bad 'cause they do look nice...
smile.gif

Thanks for the insight though...
cool.gif

this was Rubbs. The frame,the swingarm,the wheels,the bar ends,the tripple tree clamp,the gas lid,the rearsets,exhaust mounts,grab rail,all 4 footpegs,the exhaust blah blah blah.

One day it would have all been chromed. I was just saving myself some bucks by doing the polishing myself(its one of the first steps in chroming something).

Keep it all well polished with mothers or amerian eagle or s100 or something...
after washing yer bike,dry it off with the compressor.

I used to attend to all that polish about once a month...
it always looked sweet.

The frame was always the easiest. you'll like it. RSD.

house_001.jpg

this was Rubbs.  The frame,the swingarm,the wheels,the bar ends,the tripple tree clamp,the gas lid,the rearsets,exhaust mounts,grab rail,all 4 footpegs,the exhaust blah blah blah.

One day it would have all been chromed. I was just saving myself some bucks by doing the polishing myself(its one of the first steps in chroming something).

it always looked sweet.

The frame was always the easiest.  you'll like it.  RSD.
Are you wheels polished or chrome?

this was Rubbs.  The frame,the swingarm,the wheels,the bar ends,the tripple tree clamp,the gas lid,the rearsets,exhaust mounts,grab rail,all 4 footpegs,the exhaust blah blah blah.

it always looked sweet.

The frame was always the easiest.  you'll like it.  RSD.
Are you wheels polished or chrome?
they were polished...

andybike4.jpg

Ok, here's some pics. The frame is chrome looking, but i can't get the polish to come out too good in the pics. I had to angle the camera just to get this.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138760062 -->

polished_frame.JPG

Back