NEED ADVICE

major

Registered
I just got my HAYAbusa 04.   what type of exhaust should i get?  i want a deep sound.   where can i find a good set of rims?

I got a TI Muzzy oval full system and love the sound . It's kinda loud but atleast it scares the little kiddies away .

I just got my HAYAbusa 04.   what type of exhaust should i get?  i want a deep sound.   where can i find a good set of rims?
Major -

I have an 03 Busa, I have been looking around also. I have not yet purchased anything but so far my research has brought me to one of two possibilities.

Either purchase a polished titanium BDE/hindle street smart gen III from http://www.veltune.com

I talked with the guy on the phone and it seems like a pretty sweet setup

Or go with Micron's

A friend of mine made an interesting assessment, you can go to a 4-2-1 system for about the same price or maybe just a little more than a 4-2 (one less can)

And a 4-2-1 is going to lighten your bike up a little and also give you easier access to the chain on the left side.

Anyway, I am pretty much a newbie myself, so the above is just what I have figured out so far. If I am wrong or someone has some better advice hopefully that will share it and I can be corrected.

Thrasher

good accessment fox. Most of the 4-2-1's make more power than the duals anyway and you don't have to deal with another heavy can.

And remember that you will need a Powercommander if you go with a full system but that is still the way to gain the most power an dloose thr most weight. If you just want sound go with bolt-ons.

one of the reasons I got the busa over the other bikes in the showroom was the dual pipes. One pipe looks funny to me. Kinda lopsided... but who am i to talk, i part my hair on the side...

Mike

<!--EDIT|MikesHardware
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080772528 -->

I just got my BDE gen 3 polished titanium last night it looks awesome cant wait till sat to install it

What these guys said....BDE GenIII's are pretty good stuff. I've also heard about Muzzy's, Big Bird (HMF), Devil, V&H, etc.

The main thing is that you need to also buy a PCIII. My recommendation is that since you will be needing a map, you may as well do the airbox mod, PAIR valve mod, run an aftermarket airfilter (K&N or EBC[?]), knock a tooth in the front and go up 2 in the rear. Do all this and THEN have it mapped out. Save the map for last.

As for the rims...try to be more specific. Are you looking for show or are you looking for bling or are you looking for weight reduction along with class & style? All these factors come into play when you're looking for a set. I haven't looked for any just yet, so I'm not too sure. A quick google search should provide all those answers, though.

You're here for education, right? Well, now's the time to soak it up.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080774994 -->

Back