Nashville Trackday 10 April

Well, I had a better day on Sunday. Bumped down and rode in the veteran Novice class. We only had one session we had to follow (at a pretty good clip passing the other groups), then we got turned loose. There were some plenty fast people in that class too. By the afternoon, many of the first-timers were tired, so the track was pretty empty and I had plenty of space (both my thighs hurt today!).

The first couple of times I went thru the turn I crashed in on Saturday I was pretty nervous, but I'm more comfortable on my Busa and I was more cautious (and slower I'm sure). The tar snakes were bad but not as bad as Saturday. Busa is in one piece for the Bash :thumbsup:

Interestingly, the Advanced Class had the most crashes which is unusual. One guy tried to enter the front straight too early, lost it at about 120, slid clean across the concrete and hit the retaining wall. Surprisingly, the impact isn't what hurt him. The concrete took that azz clean off his leathers and he had a hand-size chunk of tail missing (once the adrenilin wore off, it was gonna HURT). Emptied his crankcase of oil clean across the track took them an hour to clean it up. Later in the day one of the novice instructors broke his collarbone (2nd time) when he tried to pass a student on the outside of a turn, when the student checked up...

Oh well, live and learn :thumbsup:

wow, exciting day... glad to hear you faired better :thumbsup:

which bike to you get around the track quicker on?

I only got one session and 2 laps on my gixxer before I crashed it, so....

But I would bet, given time, that the gixxer would be faster around track, although I did have fun in the front straight catching people just for the heck of it...

although I did have fun in the front straight catching people just for the heck of it...

lol especialy in novice, probably zipped by some of those guys pretty quick. I'm hoping to get my busa out for at least a couple sessions this year. I don't really want to throw it through the ringer so to speak, but definetly stretch outher legs a little.

Sounds like you had a better day for sure. The guy that broke his collarbone was my trackcoach on saturday. I think I will be joining you in the vet-novice group from now on. I was in the top couple by the end of Saturday. I do love being on the R6!!

Looking forward to the bash/barber!

Dang, hate to hear about the instructor going down, sad deal.
Bet you were WAY more at ease riding that big, stable Busa around out there!

09, you riding Barber in May? Novice?

Cant wait to see what kind of ridges / ruts those IRL cars put into the turns....

That sucks man! I lost my front a few times on the tar. I wished I would have stayed. Glad you weren't hurt. Didn't get any footage of a dude on a green ZX6 did you?:eh:

Yup, I'll be at Barber in May. I will still ride Novice, going to ride in group 1 or 2 most likely. The classroom is good but once you can recite all their blocks, its time to move on. I still want to work with a coach but just don't want to sit in the classes anymore. I will be done with school so I will be at both days :cheerleader:

That tar gave me the willys more than once but once I realized I wasn't actually slipping I was ok with it and just expected it each time around the turns. You could watch it get in peoples heads though...bad news.

Glad to see you weren't really hurt. Keep plugging away getting good at anything comes with pains of learning...

Back