My Yamaha car...

(GMbusa @ May 27 2007,04:13) Honestly, i still don't see anywhere NEAR 260 to the wheel for a 3.2   Early 90's stuff just didn't put out that kind of power. Especially V6's.
rock.gif
My Z is all stock 3.0 V6 with around 280 at the wheels? if you want me to dig up a dyno I will, but put some money on it first I need a new clutch
laugh.gif

EDIT: P.S. AND its from 1992... cars have been packin high horses on little liters since the 80's when imports took a rise.

One more thing and im done.

I also dont get down with the whole import VS domestic, I think its stupid.

Without Imports, you domestic guys would still be rolling around on push rods and **** for cornering stability in your steel box freight cars. Without domestic guys imports wouldnt have had the strive to create high mpg powerhouses with new technology such as turbo chargers, better ecu's and injection timing and sturdy drivetrains. So battling which is better to me is ignorance, without one we would be nowhere close to where we are now. They go hand in hand, thats why Nissan owns 40% of GM today.

(HAYA!Busa @ May 27 2007,08:37)
rock.gif
My Z is all stock 3.0 V6 with around 280 at the wheels? if you want me to dig up a dyno I will, but put some money on it first I need a new clutch
laugh.gif
must be the twin turbo model
non turbo had 220

(atticdog @ May 27 2007,09:01)
(HAYA!Busa @ May 27 2007,08:37)
rock.gif
laugh.gif
must be the twin turbo model
non turbo had 220
laugh.gif
if your lucky it had 220 at the wheels

laugh.gif

(GMbusa @ May 27 2007,04:13) Honestly, i still don't see anywhere NEAR 260 to the wheel for a 3.2   Early 90's stuff just didn't put out that kind of power. Especially V6's.
I'll get the pic of the dyno...

(atticdog @ May 27 2007,07:59) I had a 93 3.2 sho and it was the a constant battle keeping just to keep it on the road once it got over 100k on it. I put high flow cats and a dynomax cat back on it when iut all needed replacement, also replaced valve cover gaskets and plug well seals and well as sensor after sensor

start reading www.shoforum.com and www.shotimes.com
I know those well... I overthought this stuff while on there, and somehow 300hp got in my head... Still haven't figured out how I managed pulling that number from the dyno's... I'm dumb...
laugh.gif

(yamahor @ May 27 2007,16:25)
(atticdog @ May 27 2007,07:59) I had a 93 3.2 sho and it was the a constant battle keeping just to keep it on the road once it got over 100k on it. I put high flow cats and a dynomax cat back on it when iut all needed replacement, also replaced valve cover gaskets and plug well seals and well as sensor after sensor

I know those well... I overthought this stuff while on there, and somehow 300hp got in my head... Still haven't figured out how I managed pulling that number from the dyno's... I'm dumb...
laugh.gif
Nah your not dumb you just rounded up from 260... by like 40 ponies
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(HAYA!Busa @ May 27 2007,17:11)
(yamahor @ May 27 2007,16:25)

laugh.gif
Nah your not dumb you just rounded up from 260... by like 40 ponies
laugh.gif
I think I was thinking "Okay, 260 with all this stuff on it, at the wheels... Spend another $500 on a good Venom Nitrous kit, and I'll be around 350-ish with a 100 shot..." Then my mind still screwed it up somehow.
ices_rofl.gif

laugh.gif

(300Busa @ May 27 2007,01:flamethrowing:) They only made 28 cars like mine  
cool.gif

That is in my color with the acr package and in 2005.
Only 28
rock.gif
I thought they made millioins of those neons?
I like those lil cars, they are way faster then my kids electric scooter
ices_rofl.gif
poke.gif

BTW my lug nuts require more tq then that lil putt putt makes
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

(GMbusa @ May 27 2007,01:13) Honestly, i still don't see anywhere NEAR 260 to the wheel for a 3.2   Early 90's stuff just didn't put out that kind of power. Especially V6's.
How about 381 whp with a 3.0L SHO motor? My dyno is on my other computer, but that was with my stock motor. The new motor will be much more powerful. Depending on what boost this new pulley gets me to, I'm estimating somewhere beween 450 - 510whp out of a 3.2L SHO. As far as handling the power, it can be made to handle the power pretty well. I've only got about 120 miles on the motor right now.

IMG_6778.jpg

As far as the 3.2L running 300 whp NA.... Not very likely. You'd have to really turn it into a different engine that'll rev to 10 - 11k RPM.

For the quoted comment... This late 80's engine can attain ~280whp NA when built and tuned properly... And it will still drive like a normal street car.

Stock 3.0 was 220 at the crank... My hp ideas were a stock 3.2 with some mods... How many fast mustangs have stock motors?

as proven by toolman... Jason, you have a PM... I'm trying to figure out something...

Oh yeah

1) Do you own a busa? If not, it's all good, just wonderin...
2) only one person on this board can pull off a name with yamaha in it... ME!!!
jump9.gif

(yamahor @ May 28 2007,10:49) Stock 3.0 was 220 at the crank... My hp ideas were a stock 3.2 with some mods... How many fast mustangs have stock motors?
Ben, the way you make these SHO engines out to be is that it's just a simple rebuild and boom!, you automaticly have an extra 100ponies. It don't work that way. Nothing works out that way.  

If you think something is only gonna cost you $800 to build, in reality it's gonna run $1500 at a minimum.  It's too difficult to acccount for all the little nickle&dime costs associated with building cars.  Even if you rebuild the engine with just rings, bearings and a hone drill attatchment it'll still run you $2-300. Then you have to buy the gaskets which will run another $80-150.  IF you decide to port the heads and have some valve work done, then your looking to have anywhere in the neighborhood of $750-1500 for good head work. Throw in some cams and it can add another $90-200. Of course your gonna want the mill to live and you'll add ARP rod bolts. $50 for the bolts, $100-200 to resize the rods after the bolt install.  And that is just the rods. Things can add up real quick, i know, remember my 70' C10?  That mild build turned into a couple thousand dollars overnight and i didn't even build up the motor. It was a stock reman overhaul that needed a crank.

Do some reasearch first. Trust me on this.

(GMbusa @ May 29 2007,04:22)
(yamahor @ May 28 2007,10:49) Stock 3.0 was 220 at the crank... My hp ideas were a stock 3.2 with some mods... How many fast mustangs have stock motors?
Ben, the way you make these SHO engines out to be is that it's just a simple rebuild and boom!, you automaticly have an extra 100ponies. It don't work that way. Nothing works out that way.  

If you think something is only gonna cost you $800 to build, in reality it's gonna run $1500 at a minimum.  It's too difficult to acccount for all the little nickle&dime costs associated with building cars.  Even if you rebuild the engine with just rings, bearings and a hone drill attatchment it'll still run you $2-300. Then you have to buy the gaskets which will run another $80-150.  IF you decide to port the heads and have some valve work done, then your looking to have anywhere in the neighborhood of $750-1500 for good head work. Throw in some cams and it can add another $90-200. Of course your gonna want the mill to live and you'll add ARP rod bolts. $50 for the bolts, $100-200 to resize the rods after the bolt install.  And that is just the rods. Things can add up real quick, i know, remember my 70' C10?  That mild build turned into a couple thousand dollars overnight and i didn't even build up the motor. It was a stock reman overhaul that needed a crank.

Done the research... As long as the engine I find is in good condition, I should be alright. Just looking at doing the engine refreshing and the Ypipe now. Not gonna do many mods since I'm going to MMI... Gotta get some money for that too...And no, I wasn't expecting to get 100hp with a simple rebuild... I was looking at Cams, Big Bore Butterflies, and a 73mm Throttle body. But, thats almost a grand in mods... Add to that the headers I wanted, and thats another 450... Thats why I'm not doing many mods... And again Paul... I like this car, cause it's not a mustang, but still can whoop up on some cars AND get great gas mileage.

(GMbusa @ May 29 2007,01:22)

I wish cams were only $200... They're about $550 for the SHO. ARP doesn't make rod bolts for these rods. After sending in a rod for them to match something up, they had nothing and mentioned that it could cost me $1,500 for them to fabricate some.

The motor does cost money to rebuild... As does any motor, however, if you know where to go and what to get, you can do it relatively cheap. I've gone through the process of just about every mod on this motor. You really don't need to do much to get 400-500hp. Even the stock pistons will do.

He's on the SHO Forum.... I'm sure he's read everything he's needed.

Back