My Yamaha car...

Someone stole your real car and replaced it with a Neon.
SHOCKED.gif

(Rylinkus @ May 26 2007,21:37) Someone stole your real car and replaced it with a Neon.  
SHOCKED.gif
Yes it is just a neon
laugh.gif

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=b501c6d7-71f3-4434-90ac-b73a2579c351" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

(xzvs @ May 26 2007,14:19) Ben,
I don't care what you do to the SHO -- how it rides -- how many horses you can get -- its a fuggin taurus!!!!!
Boy and you think you don't get laid now
Then again if you cruise the nursing homes -- hmmmmmm
You arent in the peoples republic of california -- drop a 350 into an s-10 with a big lumpy cam. Sure -- no gas mileage-- but even 5 diffrent colors that thing would be coooool
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's just cruel (but funny!)

280 - 300 RWHP and 30 MPG? Are you describing my Busa or your Taurus to be?

BTW, how's the starter on that Virago? I used to have the 920cc variety 20 years ago and the starters were always flakey on those things.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If it looks like a Neon and acts like a neon, it's a neon.....
wink.gif

Probably gets 3X the gas mileage my Camaro does.
beerchug.gif

(Rylinkus @ May 26 2007,21:55) If it looks like a Neon and acts like a neon, it's a neon.....    
wink.gif

Probably gets 3X the gas mileage my Camaro does.  
beerchug.gif
around 20mpg on the highway a nice cruising speed.   Anything above 130-150mph it really sucks it down.  I have aftermarket injectors, throttlebody, pcu, etc.  so my mileage isn't that great.  I believe in stock form dodge said 22/25 mpg.

The gas mileage is pretty good for a 11-12 second car.

Yeah, I'm in single digit mode. I can eek out up to 12-13mpg in 6th gear babying it on the highway...... But what fun is that?

I hear you there. My last camaro sucked down gas like it was air. I drive 60 miles a day and needed something better on gas and more topend power for the expressway.

Power at any RPM isnt an issue anymore. But gas mileage is. I'm 4 miles from work though, so Im lucky...

(warbrown @ May 26 2007,22:39)
(xzvs @ May 26 2007,14:19) Ben,
I don't care what you do to the SHO -- how it rides -- how many horses you can get -- its a fuggin taurus!!!!!
Boy and you think you don't get laid now
Then again if you cruise the nursing homes -- hmmmmmm
You arent in the peoples republic of california -- drop a 350 into an s-10 with a big lumpy cam. Sure -- no gas mileage-- but even 5 diffrent colors that thing would be coooool
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 That's just cruel (but funny!)

280 - 300 RWHP and 30 MPG?  Are you describing my Busa or your Taurus to be?  

BTW, how's the starter on that Virago?  I used to have the 920cc variety 20 years ago and the starters were always flakey on those things.
I've heard from most guys doing the swap close these numbers. (dependent on mods done, etc...)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It's 4 door and FWD. So 400 hp or not, it's not a sports car. I'd never attack someone modding a car, but I'd still rather be starting with a RWD platform myself.

More vids of these cars in action... The first one and this vid are of forced induction SHO's...

This is of a SHO with basicly the stuff I wanted to do...

NA SHO vs GT Mustang...

Yeah, it's a Taurus... Shoot it's a Ford, and I'm not a ford fan, but the SHO is one of those cars thats fun and fits my friends...

Last edited by a moderator:
(Rylinkus @ May 27 2007,00:34) It's 4 door and FWD. So 400 hp or not, it's not a sports car. I'd never attack someone modding a car, but I'd still rather be starting with a RWD platform myself.
Oh, I'd love rear drive... But I love the oddball cars too. Mustangs, Camaros, Neaons, Civics... You see them EVERYWHERE... How many Taurus's do you see that are FAST?

Tauruses are not rare. If you want a true rare car find one. I used to own a Chevy Sprint turbo. 3 cylinder, 1 Liter. That was different. My mom drives a Taurus. I just can't consider it rare. An SHO is a fine car. Don't get me wrong. But it just seems, there's a point where hp in a FWD car becomes almost useless. Between TQ steer and understeer I just cant get into them. If you want a reliable driver, leave it alone. A 300 hp Taurus is that much more likely to shred CV joints, ruin clutches, and break transmissions. They're simply not made to have that type of power.

Do you at least have leather in that thing? I thought the SHOs had leather.

Yeah, it has leather. I understand Taurus's aren't rare, but again, the SHO isn't exactly a well known car. I love that fact. It's an oddball car... I find it funny if a guy wants to think his Civic, or even his GT mustang is fast, and a Taurus whoops it's tail. THey then run home feeling like morons. The main reason for it though? A 4 door, fun, fast car. Again, how many do you see that are fast and fun? I love that fact... Shoot, I probably wouldn't even race it that much, but it's fun to know when power is there (Car, truck, motorcycle, or otherwise..)

Oh yeah... How many Sprint Turbos do you know of that fit a 6'10" man?

They only made 28 cars like mine
cool.gif

That is in my color with the acr package and in 2005.

My bad on the whp numbers... I screwed up. I'd be looking more in the 260 whp range. DOH!

Just buy one off flea bay...this one has a v8 in it.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-97-Ford-Taurus-SHO-V8-Auto-Clean-Runs-A1-Nice_W0QQitemZ260121632163QQihZ016QQcategory
Z6238QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

Honestly, i still don't see anywhere NEAR 260 to the wheel for a 3.2 Early 90's stuff just didn't put out that kind of power. Especially V6's.

I had a 93 3.2 sho and it was the a constant battle keeping just to keep it on the road once it got over 100k on it. I put high flow cats and a dynomax cat back on it when iut all needed replacement, also replaced valve cover gaskets and plug well seals and well as sensor after sensor

start reading www.shoforum.com and www.shotimes.com

Back