My longest ride from GA to MS NXT WEEK

HOOKDADDY

Registered
well guys &girls after 10 yrs. of rideing im looking forward to my first lond distance ride from GA to home in MS 365 miles any tip on a ride this long i should know im more worried about the vibration in the hbars then anything

one of my favorite pieces of advice i ever received for traveling was don't wait until you start getting uncomfortable to begin changing your riding position...i start stretching and flexing my quads, hams, glutes, back, etc. about 15 minutes into the ride and make sure to never stay in any one position too long...it keeps the blood flowing through your entire body instead of pooling and you won't feel nearly as sore and beat the next day

next, have fun on your ride...don't push it too long or hard especially since this is your first time riding that far...if you see something intriguing, take a couple minutes to pull over and look at it and you'll be surprised at how many times you've passed right by something interesting in a car without ever noticing it is there

Heat is the key, when your butt get's hot that's when you start to get uncomfortable... move around and stay as cool as possible...

I would say do yourself a favor and get you a "Throttlemeister" first. They are about $150 and the cruise control to switch out hands on the bars has to be a huge factor. Now I haven't ever traveled that far but just going 50 miles to see my folks it really comes in handy (pardon the punch-line), I can only imagine hundreds of miles.

Also I like one of the other comments, enjoy your ride I would think. I would hate to think of getting caught up in making good time like when you're in a car or something, motorcycling is all about taking it all in every inch of the way; a certain adventurist mindset :thumbsup: I'm sure you know that though:whistle:

You might look into a double-bubble windscreen and heli-bars too? I also just ordered me nifty little gadget for my rear hump, I found it on "Tiger Racing" website and it's called a TGB-13B Glove Box. just search for the glove box if you think you would want that. I can't wait to put it on, I can have more storage other than a back back.

Thanks for everyone input I am takeing everything into consideration to Chaney yea I take i20 to 459 .....Semi I leave Saturday but im stretching now.....BoosaBerry I plain on taken my time im in no hurry Icant wait for the eexperience

Also, if you tired or start hurting, take a 10 to 15 minute break and stretch your legs. You will feel like a new man.

Thanks for everyone input I am takeing everything into consideration to Chaney yea I take i20 to 459 .....Semi I leave Saturday but im stretching now.....BoosaBerry I plain on taken my time im in no hurry Icant wait for the eexperience

Are you leaving tomorrow or the weekend of the 21st?

Are you leaving tomorrow or the weekend of the 21st?
I've already left made to my pops house enjoyed myself alone the way straight shot no problem except when my bag fell off but everything else was great I made it to my pops house and was still ready to ride 370 ain't $-:t how far next time hmmm I can't wait to find out

Awesome bro, the more you ride the more you will love it. I remember when I first joined, I was concerned about taking a "long" ride and wanted to know to take with me, it was 110 miles. LOL

I've already left made to my pops house enjoyed myself alone the way straight shot no problem except when my bag fell off but everything else was great I made it to my pops house and was still ready to ride 370 ain't $-:t how far next time hmmm I can't wait to find out

Oh, ok. Cool.

Back