My 700 miles trip to the bash

Hayabusa4life

I said Good Day!
Donating Member
Registered
Im planing to ride to the bash from Milwaukee, Wi. The weather right now is not looking so good, I hope it gets better. Its going to be 700 miles in about 12 hours. So far my longest ride its been around 400 miles, but with lots of stops, I have also just cruise around town for about 12 hours, so this is going to be my first long straight ride. Anybody else on the area planing to go riding?

Any tips??? What have I got myself into:laugh:

it's probably going to take you more than 12hrs., learn to eat and drink while you ride. if you don't listen to music or the radio or something while you ride, the day will drag on forever.
leave really early in the morning so you don't end up riding into the night.
don't be afraid to stop when you get tired. riding tired will kill you quick, so don't do that.
have fun! :thumbs:

like red1100cc said, i would expect it to take at least 14 hours with gas/snack stops and you're never having done this before...begin stretching/moving BEFORE you start cramping in order to keep blood flowing through your seat and legs...make sure to drink plenty of fluids the day before and during the trip :beerchug:

You probably need to stop every 100 to 125 miles to stretch and rehydrate. Thats what we did when we did the ironbutt. :)

Take a couple of pics each time you stop, it should be an epic adventure for you....:laugh: and that's BEFORE you get to Robbinsville! We'll have some good riding when you get there for sure.

it's probably going to take you more than 12hrs., learn to eat and drink while you ride. if you don't listen to music or the radio or something while you ride, the day will drag on forever.
leave really early in the morning so you don't end up riding into the night.
don't be afraid to stop when you get tired. riding tired will kill you quick, so don't do that.
have fun! :thumbs:

Listen to Russ he knows what he's talking about as well as have fun while riding to your destination.

Here's a good read for you
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...31146-casper-keys-back-travel-log-w-pics.html
I'm still flattered Russ rode all the way from Wyoming just to meet me :laugh:

Leave early take your time and as soon as it's not fun anymore stop and take a burger break. Enjoy

When are you leaving? We are coming from Waterloo Iowa and have room in the trailer if we can get hooked up some where along the way. We are leaving Sunday morning April 17th really early.

Nice advice, thanks. I was planning to stop around every 100 miles, for gas, food and strech. I forgot about the music, I got to make sure I take some tunes. Thanks for the offer, but Im leaving april 21st, maybe on the way back:whistle::laugh:

My advice would be to rent a trailer to pull behind that Mitsubishi of yours..:whistle:

I'm just jealous I can't go. :banghead::banghead:

My advice would be to rent a trailer to pull behind that Mitsubishi of yours..:whistle:

I'm just jealous I can't go. :banghead::banghead:

I have a lil trailer that I could use, but I really want to ride there, I think will be cool, come on lets go...

I have a lil trailer that I could use, but I really want to ride there, I think will be cool, come on lets go...

Oh, its gonna be COOL all right! :rofl:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................................:moon:

Yeah my ride to the bash is going to be 450 miles... Not 700 but my longest ride by FAR...

No balls Gsxrbots :moon:
Everyones gonna be there besides you! Even me :tongue:

Pretty much all the high points have been covered. Just be safe and get to the bash!

Back