Is 12 inch stretch to much for the drag strip?

eber820

Registered
At first i was planing to do a 12 inch stretch on my 07 busa just for looks, but then i started liking the 1/4 mile alot. i was wondering is a 12 inch stretch to much for a lightly moded busa? i really love the way the 12 inch stretch looks on a riding busa and was thinking i could use the stretch to avoid wheelies at the strip? anybody have one? tips? advice?

Less wheelies are a function of a properly tuned chassis set-up. Where extending the bike that far will help you won't be developing much skill, meaning anyone can launch a bike that long.

I would start short and go from there. If you like the look you might still like the look if your bike was just slammed to the deck with less of a stretch. Being that long will require a new shock spring as well especially for the street.

a 12 over stretch will help prevent wheelies but will increase rear tire slip. Determine what kind of riding you do and what you're really after, form or function. For drag racing a Gen1 with no mode or minor mods the stretch is way to much.

Back