My 2009 Revamp and Build

Blown head gasket from a cold start? And light driving I doubt it. Even if it was -40 c I couldn't see that as a factor for a head gasket. Maybe breaking a ring or scuffing a cylinder wall. What type of coolant was in it?
I honestly have no clue on what coolant was in it. Remember I am dealing with a lot of unknowns. It will all be well known now that I have built it right.

I honestly have no clue on what coolant was in it. Remember I am dealing with a lot of unknowns. It will all be well known now that I have built it right.
I'm just wondering cause if it had water wetter or maybe 70-30 maybe the coolant froze. I'd recommend engine ice doesn't freeze, organic and does cool better. I really need to be sponsored by some of these companies I keep recommending hahahaha.

Oh and you'll definitely want more power... I'm waiting for my AEM a/f gauge to get my bike dialed in more and get rid of the bog at mid rpms and I already want more power..... I didn't think a power adder on a bike would be such a drug.... a very expensive drug...

I'm just wondering cause if it had water wetter or maybe 70-30 maybe the coolant froze. I'd recommend engine ice doesn't freeze, organic and does cool better. I really need to be sponsored by some of these companies I keep recommending hahahaha.

Oh and you'll definitely want more power... I'm waiting for my AEM a/f gauge to get my bike dialed in more and get rid of the bog at mid rpms and I already want more power..... I didn't think a power adder on a bike would be such a drug.... a very expensive drug...
No Kidding!!! My next steps if i ever do will prob be a full stage 3 or 4 and be done with it. I honestly doubt i will go any further though. I just dont kill it anymore like i used to.

Ordered gloss gold anodized today! OOOOHHH Boy! I cant wait. Ran with a 43 stock gearing for the rear.

5FEB446B-2E93-4768-AC73-3161CBED1F32.jpeg

I know it sucks to have had the problems you have had with this bike, and you've obviously spent alot.
But, all and all, when you're done, I don't think you'll be in it too deep at all for what you end up with.
It's gonna be a win win.
I can't wait to see the gold Core-Moto wheels on it either.
I agree! I have absolutely no complaints. I would buy the same bike again if i had to do it all over. I was always going to remap to premium pump fuel to get away from e85. I didnt expect to do as much as i did, but looking back, im sure i would have wanted more. I have laid the ground work for the more at a later date if the urge hits me. Motor should be built to hold up to well over 400 hp if i ever get the urge.

As for the apex gold deliciousness, Ya there was no other choice for me in my book to go with the matte blue. It has always been my dream to have gold rims. I am looking forward to completion of this machine.

If I haven't said it yet, Thank You to all who have followed along and given advice. It really has been beneficial and aided me in making choices.

Welp not as much power as we thought. Tuner says he can push it further if i want but he said i wanted safe on 93 so he didnt push it. Im pretty pleased for a stage 1. I know its done right and totally solid. Thats 10psi on pump gas. So basically all the work i did got it to xactly the numbers it made before just minus the e85 and i made sure the bottom end and heads are bullet proof for more power in the future.

Im guessing losing 18 lbs on the rims will make a difference as well when it comes to speed etc. i went with stock rear sprocket which should help with the acceleration. Think the rear one coming off is a 40. Cant recall for sure.

All in all im not sure what I accomplished here other than swapping fuel, catching a disaster before it was bad, and making the motor bulletproof. Was really hoping for 300 plus. Tuner did mention his dino is very stingy, dunno what he ment by that really, but he said he isnt going to blow smoke and present fake hp numbers like a lot of places will.

All in all im pleased. Hope for a pickup date within a few weeks.

B22AFA45-02C3-43F1-9207-C0538C4FAB4A.jpeg

4D3CD547-237F-42EB-8584-2C150BF35072.jpeg

So further update:
My builder stated he was not thrilled with the plastic. He said he worked for 3 hours trying to get it to line up etc. He said he is still not to pleased with it. I told him not his problem, it was my choice on plastic. I will see how bad it is and report back. I know the stuff i did i was pleased with. I was wondering how it would turn out ultimately. When i zoom in on photo i see a few areas i am concerned with. Hard to tell from picture though how bad it is. Dash trim kinda looked bad and fairing to nose close to front tire looked rough as well. Hope its not too terrible, but if it is i will buy different.

Back