My 2009 Revamp and Build

So yes i am stretched(less than 6 inches closer to 3 i bet). The front laden sag is just under 3/4 of an inch. Meaning when i sit on bike, the suspension compresses just under 3/4 or an inch(aka front end drops on the fork). I also prefer a touch of a firm ride as it does corner better. I also run tire psi at 39-40 front warm and 38-39 rear warm. I have tightened up the rear suspension as I am a heavier guy at 235 245. Rear sag is just a little less but being stretched I do not want to go any looser .

So when i use internet cal to get to mm looks like my front laden sag is about 18.95 to 19.05 roughly. Seems pretty spot on? Rear is just a little tighter.
No, with you on the bike you need roughly 30-40mm of sag, and you only have half to 2/3 of that now

But, at 235-245 lbs(plus gear)
The stock fork springs can't work properly for you anyway.
Stock forks are done at around 200lbs
Ya im just trying to get it as close as possible. Eventually i will need to respring the front and replace the rear. I just havent decided on the route there yet.
No, with you on the bike you need roughly 30-40mm of sag, and you only have half to 2/3 of that now
So are you saying my front suspension is too tight? To get more sag i will need to adjust it looser right?

Ya im just trying to get it as close as possible. Eventually i will need to respring the front and replace the rear. I just havent decided on the route there yet.

So are you saying my front suspension is too tight? To get more sag i will need to adjust it looser right?
Yes,
Which is strange at your weight.
Maybe the forks were previously resprung for a bigger guy?
It should be 'sagging' down more than it is.

does the bike have to be on a rear stand to check?
No
You can't check sag with it on a rear stand, or lifted under the forks.
You need a front forklift stand that lifts under the lower triple-clamp.
The rear needs lifted on a rear stand, then an 80mm/ 13/16×3' long ish rod completely through the lower engine mount, and set each side on a jackstand.
That unloads the rear suspension(unladen sag).
A Burrsig stand makes things quick and easy here, an Abba Skylift would as well.
That or have someone hold the front and back while you lift it or tip it on the kickstand. Measure, and put back on the ground.
The top and bottom points you mark to measure from can be anywhere too, as they are only reference marks.
Then the amount it 'sags' when you sit on it, subtract from the total unladen sag.

Something missing in my garage....

20220225_210109.jpg

So My to-do list for my 2009 has changed a bit. After talking with QuickTime today in St Louis I have elected to go with a bit more radical build. They convinced me to make this thing bulletproof we need to put turbo pistons in it, aftermarket connecting rods, roller chain cam conversion, and we're going to completely retune it on premium pump fuel, and the obvious head work to include all new goodies and heavy duty valve springs. He said he felt much safer guaranteeing the motor if that extra work was done.

I really thought my wife was going to freak out when I told her I was going to spend A lot of money on this motor and this trip. She asked me, is this your dream or isn't it? I said yes it has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. She said then it's the very least we can do. I told her to save some money on the project I would scrap the apex rims and the Rossi tires. She said absolutely not if this is your dream you're going to do it right the first time.

That all being said with all the work I'm doing now and everything my tuner says it should be between 300 and 350 horsepower somewhere. I'm really excited I'm looking at 10 to 12 weeks without my baby and my garage is going to be hard.

So My to-do list for my 2009 has changed a bit. After talking with QuickTime today in St Louis I have elected to go with a bit more radical build. They convinced me to make this thing bulletproof we need to put turbo pistons in it, aftermarket connecting rods, roller chain cam conversion, and we're going to completely retune it on premium pump fuel, and the obvious head work to include all new goodies and heavy duty valve springs. He said he felt much safer guaranteeing the motor if that extra work was done.

I really thought my wife was going to freak out when I told her I was going to spend A lot of money on this motor and this trip. She asked me, is this your dream or isn't it? I said yes it has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. She said then it's the very least we can do. I told her to save some money on the project I would scrap the apex rims and the Rossi tires. She said absolutely not if this is your dream you're going to do it right the first time.

That all being said with all the work I'm doing now and everything my tuner says it should be between 300 and 350 horsepower somewhere. I'm really excited I'm looking at 10 to 12 weeks without my baby and my garage is going to be hard.
Hi. You could have called me, as I have done years of research with the fastest guys with many world championships. Wtah rods and pistons did you get? What are 5hey doing to the head? What valves over size? Are they using Inconel exhaust and what valve seats and what valve guides? The roller cam chained is the best and I have one in my motor.

So My to-do list for my 2009 has changed a bit. After talking with QuickTime today in St Louis I have elected to go with a bit more radical build. They convinced me to make this thing bulletproof we need to put turbo pistons in it, aftermarket connecting rods, roller chain cam conversion, and we're going to completely retune it on premium pump fuel, and the obvious head work to include all new goodies and heavy duty valve springs. He said he felt much safer guaranteeing the motor if that extra work was done. I really thought my wife was going to freak out when I told her I was going to spend A lot of money on this motor and this trip. She asked me, is this your dream or isn't it? I said yes it has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. She said then it's the very least we can do. I told her to save some money on the project I would scrap the apex rims and the Rossi tires. She said absolutely not if this is your dream you're going to do it right the first time. That all being said with all the work I'm doing now and everything my tuner says it should be between 300 and 350 horsepower somewhere. I'm really excited I'm looking at 10 to 12 weeks without my baby and my garage is going to be hard.
So My to-do list for my 2009 has changed a bit. After talking with QuickTime today in St Louis I have elected to go with a bit more radical build. They convinced me to make this thing bulletproof we need to put turbo pistons in it, aftermarket connecting rods, roller chain cam conversion, and we're going to completely retune it on premium pump fuel, and the obvious head work to include all new goodies and heavy duty valve springs. He said he felt much safer guaranteeing the motor if that extra work was done. I really thought my wife was going to freak out when I told her I was going to spend A lot of money on this motor and this trip. She asked me, is this your dream or isn't it? I said yes it has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. She said then it's the very least we can do. I told her to save some money on the project I would scrap the apex rims and the Rossi tires. She said absolutely not if this is your dream you're going to do it right the first time. That all being said with all the work I'm doing now and everything my tuner says it should be between 300 and 350 horsepower somewhere. I'm really excited I'm looking at 10 to 12 weeks without my baby and my garage is going to be hard.
One think I wanted to do when I built mine was bigger case studs.
I did arp head studs but I should have also done the case. Something to think about

Hi. You could have called me, as I have done years of research with the fastest guys with many world championships. Wtah rods and pistons did you get? What are 5hey doing to the head? What valves over size? Are they using Inconel exhaust and what valve seats and what valve guides? The roller cam chained is the best and I have one in my motor.
I do not have all the details yet as to brands. QuickTime has been building and racing hayabusas for decades and I do trust them after tons of phone time and a few hours in his shop checking out his 4 race busas and more than a dozen other customers bikes he is working on. Heck one of those bikes in his shop cost over 100k by a long ways lol. He been in the business for a long time.

I am leaning towards Wossner for my bike, but he said he would give me a few options. I am not sure what all head work he is going to do, we havent ironed out all the details yet. He wants to get mine apart and see what it looks like before we decide all the way. I know hd valve springs for sure, i dont think we need to go over sized for what i am wanting to accomplish. If the valves are ok i may not do much other than clean em up. If they look rough which i doubt having run e85 for the past 2 or more year i will check into other options. I dont think i need to get too radical with the head work but i will if need be. Im on a budget kinda lol.

One think I wanted to do when I built mine was bigger case studs.
I did arp head studs but I should have also done the case. Something to think about
I dont think at my hp number bigger case studs will be required but I will mention it. Im only looking for 3 to 350 roughly.

Here is my shop i working with:

Ive ridden the bike a grand total of 20 miles since i bought it. God only knows what my carelessness is going to cost me now . I can only hope and prey it wasnt run long like this. Probably doing mains and rods now too. Anyone know what that might cost me? Waiting for complete damage estimate. Yes this is all pre build. He just took apart no new parts yet . Builder discovered this when he drained oil to start project.

Back