My 2009 Revamp and Build

Waiting patiently till the 21st. Soonest i can get bike and myself scheduled in shop to put on bike. I cant manage it in garage on stands with my darn back.

0CEEB1EB-D69E-4314-8B17-DE5A3A825B51.jpeg

All right just got back from St. Louis. After some fine-tuning and tweaking with a boost I’m the proud owner of a 300 hp Hayabusa. I decided 10 pounds of boost wasn’t enough so she’ll go up to 16. She gets in the boost at about 5500 RPM. My tuner said we could go more if I wanted to but if I want every day rideable and Street a bowl and rocksolid keep it how it is.

Now onto my review of my plastic. Unless you’re good with the heat gun and I really really patient do not buy them. Quicktime spent over three hours trying to get them to look good on the bike. The gaps are ridiculous on all the trim pieces. So everything around the dash and down each side panel is going to require a heat gun and a lot of patience from me. I spent about an hour with it in the garage this evening I loosened all the screws move stuff around and slowly started tightening stuff up. It looks way better than it did but I would not suggest buying from that company. They are not even close to OEM. Pictures to follow in the daylight tomorrow it’s too late and dark now and I’m tired 15 hours of driving today.
wait.... wait... wait............ Your tuner pushed 16 POUNDS of boost on pump gas through the motor? 16 pounds??????? on pump gas?

I'm not a turbo guy, I'm not qualified to speak on such things.
Those numbers depend on compression ratio and timing, on 93, and without detonation; is it possible?
I do not know.
if it is possible... then the rest of the world is throwing away 4 grand or so on RCCs liquid to air intercooled plenums/ along the heat exchanger and pump to circulate coolant throughout and COOL down alll that boost on pump gas. intake air temps get HOT at 16 pounds... too hot... u had it right. u were onto the answer. 20 pounds of boost and ZERO degrees of timing pulled is possible with this spectacular intercooler on pump gas. 400HP... an amazing achievement. it works.. this is a run at 18 pounds with 93 octane fuel..... been together years now. 9-1 compression/ prostreet spec motor. cookie cutter turbo motor using good parts. It doesnt spool up like a small turbo...., but its a huge turbo. its tough to hang onto when it gets in boost.... simply amazing.

272047737_4539155959526526_1590376554981209182_n.jpg

Last edited:
wait.... wait... wait............ Your tuner pushed 16 POUNDS of boost on pump gas through the motor? 16 pounds??????? on pump gas?
So long and short, no its not tuned for 16 lbs. Its tuned for max 10. But i had motor work etc done as noted above. When he was tuning he had a hose come off and the boost just kept climbing when he noticed it at 16 while tuning he shut down and locked the hose back on. There are a few others that have tuned at higher boosts than 10 without the motor going for a flight. I am not the most turbo knowledged fellow either fyi. This is my first turbo bike. Im learning as i go. My tuner stated for every day riding and reliability he didnt want to go past the 10. Could we ? Yes, but i would potentially loose what my goal was which was 300hp reliable day to day.

if it is possible... then the rest of the world is throwing away 4 grand or so on RCCs liquid to air intercooled plenums/ along the heat exchanger and pump to circulate coolant throughout and COOL down alll that boost on pump gas. intake air temps get HOT at 16 pounds... too hot... u had it right. u were onto the answer. 20 pounds of boost and ZERO degrees of timing pulled is possible with this spectacular intercooler on pump gas. 400HP... an amazing achievement. it works.. this is a run at 18 pounds with 93 octane fuel..... been together years now. 9-1 compression/ prostreet spec motor. cookie cutter turbo motor using good parts. It doesnt spool up like a small turbo...., but its a huge turbo. its tough to hang onto when it gets in boost.... simply amazing.

View attachment 1656365
Just out of curiosity....
You wouldn't happen to know ali123 by any chance? Many under a different pseudonym?

So long and short, no its not tuned for 16 lbs. Its tuned for max 10. But i had motor work etc done as noted above. When he was tuning he had a hose come off and the boost just kept climbing when he noticed it at 16 while tuning he shut down and locked the hose back on. There are a few others that have tuned at higher boosts than 10 without the motor going for a flight. I am not the most turbo knowledged fellow either fyi. This is my first turbo bike. Im learning as i go. My tuner stated for every day riding and reliability he didnt want to go past the 10. Could we ? Yes, but i would potentially loose what my goal was which was 300hp reliable day to day.
Well... You got a good foundation(built motor) and it made what it should have made from the dyno sheet you posted. You should be aware though that even built motors can be hurt by detonation... its never worth it to try to push past 7 or 8 pounds. The physical act of compressing air creates heat.. this heat is sometimes enough to cause detonation... Everyone who goes turbo goes through(or contemplates) these stages.The magic of an RCC intercooler is that u could run up to 20 pounds of boost on PUMP gas. But at the same time, if u went intercooled and 20 pounds..u would also probably wanna add a boost controller and an air system. I DO WANT to say though.... that im sure u coulkd have had your tuner create a c16 race fuel map and made some big power with the setup u have right now. all u would have had to have done was use c16 and max out that turbo and setup......

Last edited:
I see where @TucoSalimonca is coming from here , he is obviously knowledgeable in regards to turbo bikes and builds , so is all about the correct information being posted on the org . . I appreciate this , to have someone passionate enough to post correct info on a subject as technical , expensive , and it seems , even hit and miss as turbo build bikes .
thanks.. hopefully someone somewhere gets something from alll this. I know when i was new... stuff like this was very interesting to me. the ins and outs of what has to be done and WHY.

Back