My 2009 Revamp and Build

All right just got back from St. Louis. After some fine-tuning and tweaking with a boost I’m the proud owner of a 300 hp Hayabusa. I decided 10 pounds of boost wasn’t enough so she’ll go up to 16. She gets in the boost at about 5500 RPM. My tuner said we could go more if I wanted to but if I want every day rideable and Street a bowl and rocksolid keep it how it is.

Now onto my review of my plastic. Unless you’re good with the heat gun and I really really patient do not buy them. Quicktime spent over three hours trying to get them to look good on the bike. The gaps are ridiculous on all the trim pieces. So everything around the dash and down each side panel is going to require a heat gun and a lot of patience from me. I spent about an hour with it in the garage this evening I loosened all the screws move stuff around and slowly started tightening stuff up. It looks way better than it did but I would not suggest buying from that company. They are not even close to OEM. Pictures to follow in the daylight tomorrow it’s too late and dark now and I’m tired 15 hours of driving today.

pics as promised...i spent few more hours with heat gun and time to get it to this point.

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpeg

busa3.jpeg

busa4.jpeg

busa5.jpeg

busa6.jpeg

busa7.jpeg

I wonder if the belly pan is really needed? Is it just aesthetic? Thought i might fashion one out of plexi glass and cut and heat it into shape. Then paint it flat black. FYI the pugg double bubble is awesome.
@c10 Took good off rj and ran without one. I don't care for the look without it but some do. I have seen some aluminum ones on ebay in the past but I'm not sure if they were just for the gen1 or not.

@c10 Took good off rj and ran without one. I don't care for the look without it but some do. I have seen some aluminum ones on ebay in the past but I'm not sure if they were just for the gen1 or not.
Agree with the better look with the belly pan. I have a chrome one for my first Gen1, but any other bike I have every had has the stock one. Just seems bare without it.

Hate to say it but without the inner plastics, once you push the bike over 160+, you can kiss the side fairings goodbye. They just can’t withstand the air forces 160-200+

I had the left side blow off a '94 zx7 years ago, at 120-140mph.
I had several fairing parts off of it, and the left side apparently couldn't withstand the test ride.
It took me a long time to find it...and how high up an embankment to where it had blown to was pretty impressive, lol.

I have had it up over those speeds with no issues so far. but i know it wont stay. will figure something out. Anyone know vendors or suppliers for the belly pan or inner fairing trim?

If anyone has some used items laying around let me know.

maybe im not looking right. i thought there was one piece of plastic that went the length of the fairings to cover the whole belly. I am not seeing this out there anywhere.
On the Gen2, it attaches to the right side panel not in the center like the Gen1. On the parts diagram, it is part #37 (COWLING, UNDER REAR) 94661-15H00-??? (where ??? is the bike color).

canvas.png

Back