Must confess...

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
I pulled a total squidly move! Yeah, I did.. and I can't hold it in any longer...
On Friday, I went to meet up with Raider, Rev, & Longbow~ I arrivered a little early and the house was packed~ Found an open curb away from parking spaces and parked the bike~ Locked 'er down and had a smoke while waiting for others to to show~ Raider's bro shows up on his RC and we're BSin' when a space comes open~ So we decide to get off the curb and grab it up~ I go to take off and the bike whips to the right, dies, and starts going down on the left side! Before I knew it... without even thinking, I'm off the bike and holdin 'er inches off the ground with all I got in me~ View attachment 466337
Raider's bro has already grabed the space and didn't see what happened~ Luckily my wife is still standing there warmin up her Kat, so I'm like "Ah Honey? View attachment 466338 Could you please step over here a minute?"  We get 'er back up... and I'm very happy to say she never touched the ground! I then set 'er back on the ks and walk around the front and take off the disk lock~ Yeah, you read that right~ My dumbass forgot to remove the lock before pullin away from the curb!  View attachment 466339
I checked over the caliper.. where the lock collided and took the bike down... and it and the disk check out fine~ Luckily I didn't goose it.. and in the end the only thing hurt was my pride~ Mind you, this all happened in front of a gazeebo(sp?) full of Friday night happy hour drinkin fools~ Nobody ever said a word, but I didn't look up anyway to see any reactions~ I felt nothin but total squidliness at that very moment...  View attachment 466340

I've been beatin myself up over it since, so I needed to get it off my chest... thanks for lettin me do so~   View attachment 466341

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: "almost forgot.... flame on! :9:"|1081901111 -->

Gypsy: oh man, that was a close one! Well, we all have our moments and I'm sure you are not the only one this has ever happened to. Look at it as a wake up call to stay focused. I am glad there was no damage done.

Oh ya, you should quit smoking.. it's bad for you! View attachment 466345

Nice catch. I bet you were embarassed as all hell. Atleast the bike wasn't damaged.

Good to know that you kept 'er up.

My baby went down...the only things that touched were the stator cover and a bit of the left side can. I held her up enough so that she could be laid down softly...but she still had scratches.

All this right before my driving test...and after I blew out my rotator cuff trying to hold her up.

Geez...my baby needs to go on a diet.

haha.. atleast your wife was there to bail you out.

yeah right that helps.. lmao

glad it didn't touch the ground dude.

glad to hear there isn't any damage....

HA HA HA HA!!!!! Oh Damn that confession had to hurt... Now you want to explain to me what happened in the Parking lot of the Walgreens just after the bridge?View attachment 466403

OK OK, In fairness I did a similar boob move right after getting the Busa. I had completed a u-turn, wheel was turned near full lock and I for whatever reason grabbed a fist full of front brake... OH YEAH... I am glad I have some good leg strength cause I was all alone... and just grunted the beast upright with the left leg... Busted a nut, but got her re-centered....

My advice? Loose the Disc lock... If theives want it that disc lock isn't going to do much more than likely... They will just carry it away...

Yeah, Gypsy we have all made some boneheaded moves with one bike or another. You just happened to be more willing to talk about yours than the rest. Glad to hear she didn't touch the ground!

we still love ya:laugh:

no need to be hard on your self
we all fug up sometimes.....

i know i have pulled my fair share of squid moves:laugh:

that no one here knows about (:blush: )

HA HA HA HA!!!!! Oh Damn that confession had to hurt... Now you want to explain to me what happened in the Parking lot of the Walgreens just after the bridge?View attachment 466441

OK OK, In fairness I did a similar boob move right after getting the Busa. I had completed a u-turn, wheel was turned near full lock and I for whatever reason grabbed a fist full of front brake... OH YEAH... I am glad I have some good leg strength cause I was all alone... and just grunted the beast upright with the left leg... Busted a nut, but got her re-centered....

My advice? Loose the Disc lock... If theives want it that disc lock isn't going to do much more than likely... They will just carry it away...
I did the same thing on my 600 except I'm 140 pounds so it went into the ground. It good time sucked.

I didn't realize that could happen. I've never ever lost my balance reversing, making a u-turn, or in any situation and I was trying to get into a parking space going a lil too fast so I grabbed the front brake and down she went.

HA HA HA HA!!!!!  Oh Damn that confession had to hurt...  Now you want to explain to me what happened in the Parking lot of the Walgreens just after the bridge?View attachment 466445  
View attachment 466446 You had to go there, didn't you!?!  View attachment 466447 OK.. we pulled over in the Walgreens parking lot to take a break... while the rest of the guys were waiting for me and the mrs (on her Kat) to catch up~ As we were leaving, I gave 'er enough juice to get the front wheel off the ground for a quicky, if you will~ Well, by doing so the parking lot got real small real fast~ All I seen was curbage in front of me so I braked a bit hard and just fish tailed 'er a little!
In my defense... the manual does state that during the break in period you should fluctuate the RPMs.. never keep them steady.... So I was just fluctuating.. that's all!!  View attachment 466448 View attachment 466449
View attachment 466450

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081943360 -->

HA HA HA HA!!!!!  Oh Damn that confession had to hurt...  Now you want to explain to me what happened in the Parking lot of the Walgreens just after the bridge?View attachment 466451  
View attachment 466452 You had to go there, didn't you!?!  View attachment 466453 OK.. we pulled over in the Walgreens parking lot to take a break... while the rest of the guys were waiting for me and the mrs (on her Kat) to catch up~ As we were leaving, I gave 'er enough juice to get the front wheel off the ground for a quicky, if you will~ Well, by doing so the parking lot got real small real fast~ All I seen was curbage in front of me so I braked a bit hard and just fish tailed 'er a little!  
In my defense... the manual does state that during the break in period you should fluctuate the RPMs.. never keep them steady.... So I was just fluctuating.. that's all!!  View attachment 466454 View attachment 466455
View attachment 466456
Damn! I miss all the good stuff!!! View attachment 466457

Hey Gypsy -

I have always been paranoid of doing that myself.

When I bought my disk lock, I bought a lanyard also that attaches toi the disk lock and stretches out and wraps around my grip. Unless a person is drunk, there is no way they are going to miss it.

I don't think I have ever forgot about it yet, but I am pretty confident that if I ever did forget, the lanyard would remind me, you would have to wrap your hand around the lanyard on the grip, like I said, no way you could miss it..

Might want to see if they have one at a local dealer...

banner_Ron.jpg

Need to get Key Blank for the Busa, Then Buy a "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" Tag from an Aviation supply place.  Then wrap the streamer around your disk lock and your covered.  Just remember to insert the streamer into your ignition when you put on the lock, not only does it serve as a reminder but just a little touch of humor as well.

OK Greg Fair Enough...  Surprised you didn't tell no one about my stalling the Busa Twice...TWICE!  How the hell do you stall a Hayabusa?  I hadn't stalled a bike in about 6 years...then Twice in one night...  OH YEAH, you weren't there for the first one...   Class act Greg, Though I will be giving you my front brake lecture later... View attachment 466461

Raider, I have been meaning to say that it was good to meet your wife finally, I had this image of a quite little house mouse, Uh uh, Firey, outspoken, and not taking shid from anyone...  Very Cool...  But now I am wondering, uh...  how often does she let you wear the pants?View attachment 466462 Nice of her to loan them too you for riding at least. View attachment 466463

Oh, hey you want to maybe ride Saturday AM?  Normal time, Normal Place?  Greg? Brenda?  I might be able to talk PilotGirl into joining us.  I am just having a hell of time getting her to believe that we are not a pack of Psychotics... Damn Busa Rep getting in the way again.  

Give me a shout I should be up for Sunday As well assuming I get my bike serviced tomorrow.  What do you say Folks?  Raider?

Here you go: REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081949172 -->

Oh, and Gypsy... What's this about a killer QUILT? View attachment 466477
View attachment 466478 I didn't even catch that! Thanks for pointing it out... as if I've not made enough of an azz of myself!! View attachment 466478

Raider: If you had that head light workin, you might have seen a lot more~ View attachment 466480 Glad you guys made it home alright..

Rev: I like that flight flag idea... I'm gettin one! I'll have to get back to you on this weekend's ride~ Might have to come into the office on Saturday... of coarse I might get more work done during the week if I could just stay off this freakin computer!  View attachment 466481

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081952147 -->

View attachment 466479

Back