More dumb people.....

TurboSN95

Registered
Ok, so yesterday my friend and I decide to take the bikes out for a ride. First off, I walk into my garage and I find a nice puddle of water that came in from a storm we had overnight, and my helmet which was sitting next to the busa on the floor was now all soaked. I dried the padding off in the drier and took a heat gun and dried off the straps as much as I could. Fine....

I get to a rest stop to meet up with my friend, and I park in a spot, and then put my helmet up on the curb upside down, resting the top of the helmet on my gloves.... so the sun would beat down on the insides of the helmet to dry it off a little more. Now, my fault for putting it slightly into the next parking spot, but still, it was up on the curb on top of one of those cement slab's.

I hear my friend pull in and gas up so I walk over to talk to him. I come back and someone in a minivan parked in that spot next to me, and I find my helmet laying in the middle of my parking spot. WHAT?? Turns out the person pulled so far up into the spot that they hit my helmet and it rolled around. A few scratches on it now which pissed me off, I went almost a year and didn't have one mark on it and now this idiot decides that their '91 Caravan needs to be tucked up into the parking spot as far as possible.

Luckily I didn't get too angry and kick their headlight in or anything, because soon after I realized there was someone in the backseat, LOL. That would have been interesting. Anyways, just needed to vent. The rest of the ride was fun and the weather was low 70's and sunny here in CT.

beerchug.gif

That sucks! Sorry to hear about the scratches...

WOuld have been interesting if you did do something to the Caravan...
argue.gif

(mike04busa @ Aug. 19 2007,09:05) I was out yesterday and I did not see you.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

We went from Wallingford to Norwalk and back... down the Merritt Parkway.

Oh, and I have to add that this caravan-moron parked in front of a truck with a trailer that was parked sideways taking up a few spots, so that they could get out easily. So not only did they hit my helmet but they blocked this other family in.
crazy.gif

biggrin.gif

I was down rt68 into wall. going to my parents in hamden, then to my buddys bike store in wolcott and back to let the dog out. the merrit gets nice up near ny. duchess county has some nice roads also.(sorry to hear about the helmet)

If it only scratched the clearcoat, I wonder if it can be buffed out?
Maybe one of our painter-experts can help?

Man that sucks. As hard as you try to take care of
your $h-t some azz will come along in a matter of
seconds and fugg it up
mad.gif

things like this is why i never leave my helmet on the ground.

Back