Music City Raceway Tonight Sept 7 2012

Well its Friday night and time for some practice runs before the big race on Sunday! I havent drag raced in a few weeks so I am looking forward to going up tonight.
Been on Music Citys website to see if anyone has been on a winning streak for the past few weeks and what do you know.... a Harley V-Rod has been kicking everyones azz up there on street night and friday night:banghead: I have seen this guy once before and chatted with him for a minute or 2 in the staging lanes. So my sites are set on him when eliminations start tonight to knock him off his little winning streak before Sunday arrives. As you can see by the picture he is interesting to say the least.:laugh:
Dont expect Suzi to break any track records tonight she is set in for bracket racing and I am guessing with the different tire I will be running in the 7.20-7.35 110MPH range. I havent ran the 190/55/17 yet only a 190/50/17..
I have to ad some pressure on myself knowing if I get beat by a Hardley tonight I will catch hell from everyone on here.
No doubt that I will be dialing lower then his index, I believe the Vrods run in the 7.80's range at around 94 MPH so hopefully he looks bcak at around 3/4 track and lets off the throttle thinking he has an easy race as I shift into second and switch from C to A mode coming on him hard at the finish line:laugh:

GaryBagwell.jpg

BAHAHAH!!!! Careful now, I would hate to have to wish you "Good luck"! :D

Fist pump to you SteveO:moon: LOL!!!
Well OK here is the wrap up on practice night before the $$$$$ race Sunday...
Weather turned out to be great, thank you mother nature for being on my side this evening and allowing me to get some practice runs in.:thumbsup:
First round, I was looking for my VROD who has been on a hot streak for the past few weeks..... First round staging lane picture see below:laugh: Now I am moving onto second round, third round, fourth round, and now the the semis! 4 bikes left including the Vrod I guess he bought back in after 1st round.... Well I am staged up with a Stretched GENII dialed in at 5.91 which runs about 119 MPH,,, Ive been averaging .540 lights in eliminations running on my dial in,, she ran very consistent tonight see pictures below.:laugh: I may be slow but by choice but consistent wins $$$$$ bracket races with reaction times..... I dont know why I was a little worried about the MPH difference but I was my second round margin of victory was .0009 yes! ninety thousandth of a second so my big end judging wasnt up to par I felt.... Well I ........... :banghead: flashed a red light at .487 :banghead: Ohhhh well atleast it was against a busa the pisser is I ran a 7.33 on a 7.32 dial in and he ran a 6.11 on a 5.91 dial in with a .611 light.... Geeeeze talk about giving one away but ohh well.... roll outs were VERY tight tonight for some reason I learned not to roll any deeper for Sunday just stick with the .540's
I had 2 goals this evening. Beat the Vrod from winning this evenings race before Sunday and running consistent. Well not sure if the VROD won it or not since he bought back in but Suzi is dialed in for Sunday!:thumbsup:

Busa Vs Vrod.jpg

Time slips Music City Raceway August 7.jpg

Good luck Donn!

Thanks Keith, I just hope I do as well as Suzi does! Man, she is awesome and smooth! I let her down tonight with a redlight:banghead:
Ohh well as they say in dragracing, if you dont redlight every now and then your not trying to cut good reaction times. I would rather lose due to a redlight then a slow reaction.

Back