Music City Raceway Mega Bike Shootout July 8 Nashville, TN.

We are planning on heading down to help with a buddies pro-mod in Huntsville this weekend. If we end up not going though, I'll ride out to Union Hill and cheer you guys on. A good excuse to put a few miles on the bike. :thumbsup:

What others have said is right about the shutdown at the hill. Having dual chutes and have your foot over the brake as you pass the second cone is a must at anything better than a 4.60

Hey Tim
Welcome to the ORG:beerchug:
Who is sponsoring the pro mod race in Huntsville? What team are you helping with?
Music Citys shut down isnt only short but it goes downhill into a bowl, who in the hell would design a track with a shutdown going into a bowl:banghead:

Well it was a long HOT day at the Megabike Shoot out race today racing . Had a blast even though I couldnt get the local Busa riders to join in on the fun.
This was a big goal of mine to win this race and I been practicing the past week in the 100+ degree heat along with the practice tree!
Big turn out, racers from other states, bikes I never seen before and some old drag racing buddies from 20+ years. Some tough bracket racers here in the middle TN area. No races were given to me, these boys were out for the bragging rights and money.
Got 3 time trials today and dialed in at 7.33.. You say 7.33 on a GENII :dunno: well launching in C mode and switching to A mode shifting into 2nd at around half track. So what do you have, a nice smooth launch, no power wheelies through first, no wheel spin and some great MPH on the big end at 111 MPH! Perfect setup for bracket racing! Most of the races I won today were on the big end with an average R/T of .040's for 7 rounds.
Reaction Times and Consistency wins bracket races.:thumbsup:
Final round, I gave a .059 package!

1341798569879.jpg

Hey Tim
Welcome to the ORG:beerchug:
Who is sponsoring the pro mod race in Huntsville? What team are you helping with?
Music Citys shut down isnt only short but it goes downhill into a bowl, who in the hell would design a track with a shutdown going into a bowl:banghead:

TT is the guy that runs the pro mod race down there. He has and runs a Pro Mod Bike as well. As I'm sure you know, that place is to the brim with street and race bikes when TT puts on a race!

I help Devlin Bomar who has a silver 3rd gen camaro in the Pro Mod Nitrous class. Killed a piston in Rd 1 and the car ran like ass all weekend. Ususally a 4.40-4.50 car but qualified with the 4.70. Track temp was a nightmare to get a hold of. Oh well, still a fun weekend!

We also have a car I help with in the Dixie Doorslammer class. It's a tube chassis corvette with "Predator" on the side. It's a S/G car that has a single kit on it to run Dixie Doorslammers.

And you are right about the shut down. Devlin isn't too interested in the shut down there to put his car on the track there, haha. it's go through the traps with the chutes pulled and :please:

Congrats on the check:thumbsup: that will make a a good start on some fast black plastics:poke:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Was watching the fights with my boy... I was with you in Spirit Donn. Huge win too. You would be dangerous on a Black Busa

Well it was a long HOT day at the Megabike Shoot out race today racing . Had a blast even though I couldnt get the local Busa riders to join in on the fun.
This was a big goal of mine to win this race and I been practicing the past week in the 100+ degree heat along with the practice tree!
Big turn out, racers from other states, bikes I never seen before and some old drag racing buddies from 20+ years. Some tough bracket racers here in the middle TN area. No races were given to me, these boys were out for the bragging rights and money.
Got 3 time trials today and dialed in at 7.33.. You say 7.33 on a GENII :dunno: well launching in C mode and switching to A mode shifting into 2nd at around half track. So what do you have, a nice smooth launch, no power wheelies through first, no wheel spin and some great MPH on the big end at 111 MPH! Perfect setup for bracket racing! Most of the races I won today were on the big end with an average R/T of .040's for 7 rounds.
Reaction Times and Consistency wins bracket races.:thumbsup:
Final round, I gave a .059 package!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.....:rofl:

Back