Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

You know what pisses me off about this? It ain't the riding fast in the rain, why did the cop waste so much paper and write 14 tickets instead of just one big ticket:laugh:

193 in the rain? If I'm him, I'm having my lawyer demand the radar calibration paperwork. Thats a quick way to get out of one (sometimes) :please:

193 in the rain? If I'm him, I'm having my lawyer demand the radar calibration paperwork. Thats a quick way to get out of one (sometimes) :please:

+1, but he'd probably only end up with a slightly cheaper fine with a few mph knocked off at best.
Sounds like a lost license and a little jail time to me, plus big fines.

Poor guy on the RC51 supposedly brought paperwork to court proving and RC51 is only capable of 150'smph, but the over 200mph charge still stuck. That part was bs, but the courts have no mercy for any speed like that on public roads.

If the road was empty(aside from a cop parked shootin radar), then I feel bad for the guy.
If he was running by traffic at high speed, then that's what he gets. That's your friends and family, and mine, that are at risk of of being hit and killed by an idiot.:beerchug:

i have heard folks here telling the judge that they were going faster and that the radar was wrong...thus it gets thrown out completely...

We have people driving into lakes and drowning while on the cell phone, they still haven't banned phones what makes you think they will ban bikes?

Majority oppressing minority happens all the time. A lot of people talk on the phone will driving so getting laws passed against it isn't easy. 200 mph motorcycles aren't that many, you have cagers and then add the other kind of motorcyclist who also hate sport bikes cause they can't see any reason why someone would or should be allowed to pilot a motorcycle that goes close to 200 mph on a public road. Banning, not likely to happen increasing the restriction I can see that happening very easily. You say "screw them I'll just mod it." maybe they will just seize them or put ridiculous size fines for them not being compliant. You think it can't happen, stranger things than that are happening already.:banghead:

+1, but he'd probably only end up with a slightly cheaper fine with a few mph knocked off at best.
Sounds like a lost license and a little jail time to me, plus big fines.

Poor guy on the RC51 supposedly brought paperwork to court proving and RC51 is only capable of 150'smph, but the over 200mph charge still stuck. That part was bs, but the courts have no mercy for any speed like that on public roads.

If the road was empty(aside from a cop parked shootin radar), then I feel bad for the guy.
If he was running by traffic at high speed, then that's what he gets. That's your friends and family, and mine, that are at risk of of being hit and killed by an idiot.:beerchug:

Here's the thing i have noticed more and more over the years and that I tend to agree with: You cant police or rule people into intelligence. Speeding in the rain: dumb at best....Speeding in the rain to that degree: borderline suicidal....Speeding in the rain, that fast, with other drivers around: Inexcusable....With nice, flat, clear open road i have been known to go well past posted speeds so I really cant knock that. IMHO, it only becomes a problem when it in any way puts anyone else at risk. Just for grins though, I would love to hear the 14 violations to see exactly what they can put on you for going that fast.

Stories like this always make me wonder how much longer we are going to be able to purchase sport bikes before the government bans them. Hopefully they grandfather in current owners.
ban them???? you mean restict their power output or top speed limit from the factory. not gonna happen. they wud hav to ban cars that go that fast to and thats not happening.

even if the power levels or top speed were restricted it wouldnt prevent ppl from buying Turbo kits, N20, big cc kits, etc... and de-restricting the power it makes from the factory with a good tune and ECU unleashed or editor.

ban them???? you mean restict their power output or top speed limit from the factory. not gonna happen. they wud hav to ban cars that go that fast to and thats not happening.

even if the power levels or top speed were restricted it wouldnt prevent ppl from buying Turbo kits, N20, big cc kits, etc... and de-restricting the power it makes from the factory with a good tune and ECU unleashed or editor.

Hope your right. Wasn't the 186mph gentlemens agreement from the big 4 because they were worried about government restrictions? I could be wrong on that. I just don't want anything coming in the way of that 8 sec gen 3 Suzuki is secretly building:laugh:

LOL he was "able to get a description" from a standstill of a vehicle goin 193 in the rain at 8pm early dusk... he musta had the detector on KM/H. Guessin the road is fairly straight and the guy doin 166 earlier in the month was spineless.

I would love to hear the 14 violations to see exactly what they can put on you for going that fast.

i was wondering what 14 they picked as well lol. im thinking he got repeat violations in different counties oro something like that. i can only think of 6 or 7 speed related tix or maybe he had some vehicle violations.

Here's the thing i have noticed more and more over the years and that I tend to agree with: You cant police or rule people into intelligence. Speeding in the rain: dumb at best....Speeding in the rain to that degree: borderline suicidal....Speeding in the rain, that fast, with other drivers around: Inexcusable....With nice, flat, clear open road i have been known to go well past posted speeds so I really cant knock that. IMHO, it only becomes a problem when it in any way puts anyone else at risk. Just for grins though, I would love to hear the 14 violations to see exactly what they can put on you for going that fast.

I agree. Although I have been 150'smph in the rain(with speedohealer, so there abouts)...full leathers and a 2 mile, 2 lane straight away with NO TRAFFIC. Just because. The bike was no different than on dry pavement, any lane change or sudden movement may not have worked so well though; I imagine it would've been better than crashing on dry pavement though.:laugh:

reckless operation wud cover all his violations. citing someone with 14 seperate moving violations vs. a misd. summons for reckless sounds retarded. nvr heard of any cop doing that

:whistle:

220px-Shaggy-wasn_t-me.jpg

220px-Shaggy-wasn_t-me.jpg

Back