Some people will never learn... you cannot beat a radio

mrjoeys50

Registered
well at least not this time

Seven bikers led cops on chase at speeds of up to 125 mph | mph, seven, fleeing - News - Northwest Florida Daily News

NAPLES, Fla. -- Seven motorcyclists have been arrested for allegedly fleeing authorities at speeds exceeding 100 mph.

The group ranged in age from 20 to 53 years old. A Highway Patrol trooper who clocked them at 125 mph tried to pull them over, but the motorcyclists allegedly accelerated and fled.

Five were apprehended when backup officers responded to the trooper's call for help, but two others accelerated to an estimated 140 mph.

Authorities say they finally surrendered after realizing they were being tracked by a Lee County sheriff's helicopter.

All seven motorcycles were seized and the drivers were charged with felony aggravated fleeing to elude.

Last edited:
Bet they weren't riding Busa(s)...what's the top speed of that helicopter anyway :whistle:

Not that I advocate running...ever.

You haven't lived, 'till you've been chased on foot thru the hills by a dozen cops. And
get away with it.

Yep Florida toooooooooo Flat. You can run but you cannot hide.
I bet if they had pulled over big fat fines would have ensued but probably would have gone home.

Felony Aggravated Fleeing.......Ouch !
That will follow them for a long time !

If they had Pledged their bikes, I bet they could have gotten away!
I hear it also makes radar guns unusable because the Radar waves just slip right around the bike!:whistle:

I hear it also makes radar guns unusable because the Radar waves just slip right around the bike!:whistle:

No they just roll down the window and follow the lemon scent:laugh:

That's why I only use Plexus! :rofl:

I dlike to see the Mythbusters racing Busa's to find out!

N meets S riders need bail and impound $$$ - SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

NWS on the link SoFlaSportbikes.com is definitely not run like the oRg

Those guys are from that forum, many post about running big triple digit numbers. I wasn't there and I will be the first to say I don't know what went down. From the looks of things the state of FL has some bikes to sell...

It is always in your best interest to stop! :rulez: If you are unsure pull over anyway :beerchug: If you are not a threat you have a much higher chance of having a :cheerleader: day

Below is the just about where this started and stopped according to the report I read. 90-138 mile markers. I could see blowing past a cop and not even knowing in that area.

40mile.jpg

Last edited:
I have Never Been Caught Unless I Wanted It :rulez:

California is obv diff than Florida. We have a much higher percentage of cops here and no hills curves or places to hide . You will not get away an even if you do chances are you will pass same LEO in a day or two so what purpose does it serve . Also there is a diff between just going fast and going fast while running . While you may be doing same speed for both speeding and running is pushing your luck beyond what you wanna do . I don't know Boss maybe Fl cops can drive better :laugh: but don't come here and try it .

Also these guys were on 'sportbikes' .
We ride Busas and are much smarter , wiser and mature .

Kinda like the story of two bulls . One father and the other one his son .
Both sitting up on the hill watching a herd of cows .
Son says to dad 'hey dad let's run down there and 'do' one of those pretty cows!'
Dad looks at son and says 'No son, let's walk down there and 'do' them all !'

:rofl:

N meets S riders need bail and impound $$$ - SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

NWS on the link SoFlaSportbikes.com is definitely not run like the oRg

Those guys are from that forum, many post about running big triple digit numbers. I wasn't there and I will be the first to say I don't know what went down. From the looks of things the state of FL has some bikes to sell...

It is always in your best interest to stop! :rulez: If you are unsure pull over anyway :beerchug: If you are not a threat you have a much higher chance of having a :cheerleader: day

Below is the just about where this started and stopped according to the report I read. 90-138 mile markers. I could see blowing past a cop and not even knowing in that area.

That map is a perfect example . :wtf: were they thinking . Just go fast STRAIGHT ? All the roads here are just like that . Not like you can get ahead and make a couple quick turns and disappear .
The Helo can see you from miles away unlike other states where trees, woods or hills may hide you .
Here they just slow down call ahead and get ya !

That map is a perfect example . :wtf: were they thinking . Just go fast STRAIGHT ? All the roads here are just like that . Not like you can get ahead and make a couple quick turns and disappear .
The Helo can see you from miles away unlike other states where trees, woods or hills may hide you .
Here they just slow down call ahead and get ya !

They were from the other coast, so its hard to really say what they were thinking. That area has lots of pull offs and etc which makes me wonder if they were actually running or completely ignorant to the 5-0 they left on the side of the road doing 120+ I could completely see this cop being way back at the top of an on ramp or between the post on the fly overs nearly invisible. Laser radar on flat ground is good for MILES there is a chance they never even saw the car.

If you kept that pace you would cover that distance in right around 15 min. Helo is up and over the interstate quickly once your spotted its just a matter of getting efforts ahead of you enough so they are noticed. It states 5 riders pulled right over. I will give those guys the benefit of the doubt, wrong sure, felony worthy maybe not so much. I would hate to think 15 min of high speed riding when 75 was empty would be worth ruining my life.

Back