MotoGP

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
It is interesting to me that the Ducati Team are the most competitive duo on the grid right now. No firm word on when Dani will be back;

Rossi leads Dovi by 6 points but he is a full race ahead of The Maniac and a race + ahead of Marc and Jorge.

Very early in the season, but how do you think this will play in the next few races? Heading back to Europe where many of the riders are more comfortable; this is already a VERY interesting season!

From what i understand...
Ducati also get better qualifying tyres and several more engines during the season.
They were getting an extra 4 ltrs of fuel but this has been dropped to an extra 2 ltrs
(after one race neither bikes made it back to the pits so they are already cutting it fine)
a few wins and they lose the extra 2 ltrs too.

If they do to we'll, they will lose their "help" they have been getting to make them competitive then we get to see how good they are.

I look for Marquez to take Rossi out of a race sometime before the season ends if he sees Rossi may take the championship. Just my humble opinion but I don't think that kid will play fair if he is not winning. What I saw when Rossi passed him during Sunday's race was Marquez using the same technique he used on Lorenzo when those two were mixing it up on the last lap and it looked as though Lorenzo would reach the finish line first. Marquez came underneath on the inside and body slammed Lorenzo running him wide and off line allowing Marquez a sure win. He tried the same move on Rossi and it didn't work. Intentional, you decide?

Rossi is a seasoned veteran and that old man will school that kid when it comes to hand to hand combat during a race. Watch and enjoy! Let's just keep our fingers crossed the season ends with no broken bones.

I look for Marquez to take Rossi out of a race sometime before the season ends if he sees Rossi may take the championship. Just my humble opinion but I don't think that kid will play fair if he is not winning. What I saw when Rossi passed him during Sunday's race was Marquez using the same technique he used on Lorenzo when those two were mixing it up on the last lap and it looked as though Lorenzo would reach the finish line first. Marquez came underneath on the inside and body slammed Lorenzo running him wide and off line allowing Marquez a sure win. He tried the same move on Rossi and it didn't work. Intentional, you decide?

Rossi is a seasoned veteran and that old man will school that kid when it comes to hand to hand combat during a race. Watch and enjoy! Let's just keep our fingers crossed the season ends with no broken bones.

Wow, I hope that's not the case...as a complete newbie to watching MotoGP (2nd season, and it's because Shawn's gotten me hooked with his enthusiasm from Qatar), I am a Marquez fan, but I'm also appreciative of the "old guy" :whistle: Rossi and saw Sunday that one knows how to focus on the long range goal and one didn't, clearly. I also don't like dirty racing, so if Marquez opts to become one of "those guys" in racing, I'll quickly not become a fan of his.

I hope what Marquez did on Sunday was nothing more than overzealous rookie moves, and thankfully he only took himself out. Has Marquez spoken at all about the incident? Would have been nice had he come out and said "Man, that was stupid! I went from a possible podium finish to not finishing at all...what a newb move..." :rofl:

Omar and I liked seeing Suzuki qualify well this past weekend...

So what is wrong with Lorenzo? I still think he is the best rider (speed, control, thinking, strategy) and when he gets in a groove he is unstoppable. He just seems to have lost the fire a bit. MC I wore my watch at the track day. Didn't seem to make me faster but I didn't wreck!

I hope what Marquez did on Sunday was nothing more than overzealous rookie moves,

Yeah, I really think that is what it was. If Marquez continues down this path, he may end up with a few really bad crashes, get penalties and lose form. He expressed a lot of admiration for Rossi. If this was Stoner instead, he probably would have blamed Rossi for the incident.

I hate to be the bad guy (ok, it really doesn't bother me that much) but MM is a dirty rider. There are plenty of examples. When Lorenzo had MM for the win MM came into the turn too hot and used Lorenzo to correct his line. When MM was pushed to the back of the grid there was the bump on Baltista where he broke his front brake lines. There was the time he took Pedrosa out, his own team mate. There was the time MM had to do a ride through in the pit and when coming out of the pit he tried to get in the race leader's lines to slow them down.

It just seems to happen too often with MM. You never see any of the top guys running into people, just MM.

I hate to be the bad guy (ok, it really doesn't bother me that much) but MM is a dirty rider. There are plenty of examples. When Lorenzo had MM for the win MM came into the turn too hot and used Lorenzo to correct his line. When MM was pushed to the back of the grid there was the bump on Baltista where he broke his front brake lines. There was the time he took Pedrosa out, his own team mate. There was the time MM had to do a ride through in the pit and when coming out of the pit he tried to get in the race leader's lines to slow them down.

It just seems to happen too often with MM. You never see any of the top guys running into people, just MM.

Are you saying, like you, Marques doesn't really mind being the bad guy? Just jokin Arch. :alcoholic:

Marc is young and doesn't yet possess the discipline to "settle for second" and finish with points. Right now, he's 'all or nothing' and that showed. Looked like he was trying to get in on the inside of Rossi and mis-timed his move. Hopefully Marc will learn from this and move on. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season unfolds. Had MM93 stuck to the hard tire, I think he would have increased that 4.3 second lead. :2cents: Reminds me of the race last year when he didn't pit and stayed out on his slicks... wrong decision. Anyway - Loved the move by Crutchlow; that was brilliant!

Go MM93!

Moto 2 - Marquez was considered agressive, but never garnered a reputation of reckless or dangerous. He's the fastest on the track at the moment too. If you're Bautista and MM is coming up the inside you let him pass. Rossi has had his "agressive" moments as well. All that said last corners of the race I want to see them fighting to the end. MM was on the short end of the stick this time, maybe Rossi next because he's not going to back off at the end either. None of them are... or they would be in MotoGP.

Dovi and Kentucky Kid ran off the track fighting it out in the final corner at Indianaplis and they weren't even in contentious. And they're team mates. Pretty much all's fair in the last corners even if it's your team mate.

MM was on the short end of the stick this time...

IMO - that was because of his tire choice...changing from the Extra Hard to Hard at the last moment. I think he would have run away with the win had he stuck to his original tire choice. The media is spinning it as "Rossi makes up 5 secs" etc. to win...making it sound like Rossi was so fast. Like you said, MM93 is the fastest out there right now. I think his tire choice made him run slower...allowing Rossi to catch up. I'm not trying to take anything away from Rossi, he's a great rider - I just think the media spin is wrong. :2cents:

Anyway - it will be interesting to watch the season...

I guess I haven't watched MotoGP enough yet to see that...I see a kid that's completely fearless. But, there's nothing I hate more than dirty racing, so as time goes on, if he proves to be that kind of racer, he won't be someone I admire.

I'll just have to keep watching to make my determination...gotta differentiate between rookie mistakes and intentional moves. I'm not sure I can do that just yet. :laugh: What I saw on Sunday was definitely testosterone-laden-I-want-first-screw-anything-less moves, and it cost him a podium shot, and that to me was nothing more than a rookie move. Having said that, if/when he hurts someone else, that's a life lesson Marquez will have to live with, but he's still a kid and let's face it, just like so many his age on the streets riding these mazacrotchi motorbikes, they think they're invincible and nothing bad will ever happen to 'em...

Well whatever the case MM is a special rider. You know MM and Rossi are supposed to be really good friends and I think Rossi's company manages MM's image stuff (shirts, posters, etc.). I think you guys are right that the press is all over this and Rossi and MM were probably laughing it off over a beer the night after the race. I bet Honda chewed MM out though.

I think Rossi has been able to put the Ducati nightmare behind him and is blindly and confidently putting his faith into his Yamaha and the electronics. And the electronics aren't letting him down. Similar to how Marquez and Stoner are/were able to do. It seems like he's feeling a connection to his racing machine that he hasn't felt in some time. Jorge on the other hand, seems to have lost his connection and confidence.

There were some rumors that Stoner would race COTA and Argentina with Dani out, but Honda didn't want to spend time tweeking the Honda to his liking. I'd like to see Stoner on a Honda against MM and the rest of the crew.

I too would have LOVED to see crybaby Stoner out on the track at COTA mixing it up with Marquez.

Marquez IS a special rider - he will NOT QUIT, and he's on the big money team with what has been the most-developed bike. But it is good to see the Doctor back in good form on a bike he likes and is supported. I want Rossi to win one more championship before he retires, then Marquez can make his name. Off the track, he idolizes Rossi, and Rossi likes him because he reminds him of himself at a younger age...on the track, is a different story. Marquez has a clear habit of stuffing other riders, and his attempt at it this past weekend cost him.

^^^^^
Casey Stoner is racing July 26th, the Suzuka 8 hour event, riding a CBR1000RR.

Will be interesting to see if he still has the goods.

I see a kid that's completely fearless.

There's the problem. Being fearless is next to being stupid in your choices.

How many of us, in our youth, haven't throw caution into the wind and done something that we would never do today? ???

I have a lot of respect for all the riders as I know all of them would be lapping me if I were in the mix. :laugh:

Yes I'm probably crazy, but I would like to see Nicky H from the USA gain some ground. He's won before. Does he not have the drive he once had?
Are we as a Nation so unable to produce a few more riders from the USA? Don't other Nations have 2 or 3 riders from most of them? Yet we only have one?

I agree it will be an interesting season. :thumbsup: May the Best Man win. A Best Man means clean races and wins - At least in my book.

There's the problem. Being fearless is next to being stupid in your choices.

How many of us, in our youth, haven't throw caution into the wind and done something that we would never do today? ???

I have a lot of respect for all the riders as I know all of them would be lapping me if I were in the mix. :laugh:

I didn't say it wasn't a problem, but that fearlessness gave him the championship last year, along with a ton of skill riding that Honda. It also landed him in MotoGP earlier than any other kid before him. He stands out, and not many can argue that point.

I don't think Marquez is stupid; if he were, he wouldn't be where he is now, however there's something to be said for being a more seasoned rider. Just like in street riding or having track experience, those of us that have ridden for a while can give some pointers to those younger riders out there that think twisting your wrist as hard as you can or walking up to the counter at your local bike shop and asking "how do I get a knee down" isn't exactly the best way to learn to ride :banghead:

Marquez didn't see the forest for the trees on Sunday. Eye on the prize would have been to ride his ride, keep his lines and save that bike for a podium finish over trying too hard to win that coveted top spot. That's the difference between he and Rossi on Sunday. And from my limited MotoGP experience, Marquez doesn't have a ton of experience here, racing in the last laps for the win. He walks away with 4+ seconds on the rest of the field and just takes the top spot. Hopefully he learned something on Sunday - it would have been far better to finish that race than to have tons of snapshots of you and your Honda lying on its side with Rossi heading in for the finish.

:2cents:

Back