Mom is still in the hospital

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
As some of you may remember, my mother went in for Gastric Bypass Surgery on the 22 of Aug.

Mom is still in the hospital. It has just been issue after issue. She has spent less than three weeks out of the hospital after the initial surgery on 22 Aug. Dad has contacted a team of attorneys. She ended up with MSRA and is now in a long term care hospital in order to combat the staff infection. She is ready to give up, I call her every day. On the up side she has lost almost 150LBS. We will see how it goes.

Not asking for anyone to send flowers, she has gotten all the flowers she cares to get. It would be awesome if a couple of the Houston members could make a stop in person. If you think you can do it, PM me and I will get you the info. Thanks again

Don

In a car Broken Arrow is about an hour and 15 minutes from where I am sitting right now. On the bike, about 45 minutes.

Don

Very sorry to hear about that. Is she being treated for depression by any chance?

I hope she starts to recover.

--Wag--

I wish I could do more. I feel for you and her and your families.

--Wag--

Sorry to hear about your mom. If it makes you feel better, my own mother had the surgery and ended up with a flash eating virus contaced from the hospital. She spent about 3 weeks in there. Tell her ot hang tough, she will make it. MRSA is a man made infection caused by the over use of mold based cillins(pennacillin,etc,etc,etc)
If she is other wise healthy she will be fine.

If you were to do a nasal swab on hospital workers 90% would come back postive for MRSA. Scary fact!!

Back