Mobil 1 stories

gsteve

Registered
Ive seen lots of posts about mobil and thought you guys would like this one.
 I used to shoot IPSC and we used carbon fiber parts in our scope mounts.  The guy we bought them from was a former Indy car crew chief.  He was CC when the chevy v8 was being used  [ 1980's I think].  His team was the valvoline team.  Most teams had thier v8s built at the same shop.  The shop asked him why his motors were garbage when they came in for rebuild and other teams were in good shape.  He looked into it and found out the other teams were using mobil 1.   From then on those valvoline buckets were filled with mobil 1.  Even used it in the tranny before mobil gear lube was made.
 We got on this topic when I mentioned gun lube , we would shoot 3-500 38 super rounds in a day and most oils cooked dry real quick.  One day I pulled the dipstick on my truck and dabbed mobil on my sliderails and it lasted all day.  Used it ever since.  I also have a 550 hp 502 in my baja boat.  Its a 1992.  Last summer I changed the cam , [ more lift]  I asked the mech if I should change the timing chain and gears as well.  He said this engine looks like its barely been run.   Do I use mobil in everything?
rock.gif
 You betya.....!!!   Will I be putting it in my bus at the next oil change?
rock.gif
    You guess.  sj
*** Update... Ill never use it again !!! Its rained every day since I put it in the bus
evil.gif

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092019051 -->

rock.gif

sounds wicked gsteve, I'm running Mobil 1 in the bike too, I shoulda ran Mobil 1 in my boat, not one but both Cats blew up
mad.gif

Friend of mine that owns NAC Machine built the Aurora motor that was in  Pete Hamilton's IRL car  that won the Phoenix race in a number of years ago.

It had Mobil 1 15-50 in it.

I use it in all my motors.

Bumer banditoo.. what kinda cats did you have ? My dream boat is a 26 - 27 footer with a open bow and a nice lil 572cid chevy. sj

Back