Mobile one oil?

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, Mobile one oil has changed the bottle since the last time I used it. Was a Gold Cap, which is it now?
Anyone.....

(GPW @ Jul. 23 2007,07:57) You want the Mobil One MXT made for sportbikes.......
Was MX4T, but I think they changed the name to Racing 4T. At least that's what I've been buying at my local Wally World.

Yes... Thanks guys but what about the car one that use to be the "Gold" cap container? Was cheaper than the MTX, anyone?

ks-waterbug,

Exxon Mobil just tweeked the formulated product and put it in a new style container .

It has a bit more anti-wear additives than before  but same low price . It's still a good choice for Busa's up to 300hp or so .

Need even more protection or just want to treat your baby to the absolute best , contact me for the short list of oils I use and or can recommend from see'ing quantified results through oil analysis .

Mobil 15w-50 silver cap

Though I have heard a lot of people have really good luck with the Mobil one Car oil I have read a lot of articles that talk about the amounts of Moly in car oils being detrimental to the Clutch plates. Moly is added as an anti-wear additive. The Motorcycle Specific stuff typically has far less Moly than automotive oils because of this. Obviously not the only thing they change for these formulations (they mention Phosphorous and Zinc in their literature) but this is the biggest impact item. I have been using the MX4T for two years now and like it. I just read that the name change was because that is what it was always sold as Racing 4T abroad and there was no formulation change.

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-Eng....x#FAQs1

I would like to try Amsoil as well but I have no stocking dealer near me.
beerchug.gif

(omslaw @ Jul. 23 2007,06:01)
(GPW @ Jul. 23 2007,07:57) You want the Mobil One MXT made for sportbikes.......
Was MX4T, but I think they changed the name to Racing 4T.   At least that's what I've been buying at my local Wally World.
You are correct its the MX4T

(bigoltool @ Jul. 23 2007,13:20) The Motorcycle Specific stuff typically has far less Moly than automotive oils because of this.

I have been using the MX4T for two years now and like it. I just read that the name change was because that is what it was always sold as Racing 4T abroad and there was no formulation change.

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-Eng....x#FAQs1

I would like to try Amsoil as well but I have no stocking dealer near me.
beerchug.gif
My last post in this topic "should" help put it to rest .

Shortly before the renaming  of the Mobil bike oil they reformulated and added moly - there are 5 distinct different types that I know of . I won't go into what these actually do for the formula in terms of either primary designed or the secondary specific function .

If you have used the newer Mobil bike oil , then you have had moly in your oil and engine. Same for the Amsoil bike oil as it also was reformulated in early 2006 right about when the Mobil bike oil was .

New unused oil analysis samples . Just a handfull out of many .

Values are in parts per million .

Mobil 10w-40 bike oil

Moly 60
Magnesium 15
Calcium 2800
Phosphorus 1660
Zinc 1710

Mobil V-Twin 20w-50 Synthetic

Moly 94
Boron 260
Calcium 2653
Magnesium 14
Phos 1687
Zinc 1829

Mobil 15w-50 car oil

Moly 78
Boron 290
Calcium 2951
Magnesium 18
Phosforus 1230
Zinc 1381

Here's the newer Amsoil 10w-40

Moly 44
Magnesium 19
Calcium 3080
Phosphorus 1238
Zinc 1323

And the Motul 10w-40 which is the same oil as Kawasaki Synthetic .

Moly 85
Magnesium 461
Calcium 2153
Phosphorus 1187
Zinc 1321

Last , here is the latest Mobil 5w-30 synthetic with it's lack of enough phosforus to protect the gear box as engineers on both sides deem needed . This is briefly touched on in the link to the Exxon/Mobil page

Moly 56
Boron 151
Magnesium 8
Calcium 2505
Phosphorus 670
Zinc 743

Here's what I use . The antimony is just about crush proof . Used in some Formula 1 applications

Maxima Extra 4 10w-40 and their 15w-50

Antinomy 1025
Magnesium 640
Calcium 700
Phosphorus 3400
Zinc 2610

This is what I have been using for the last few thousand miles on my turbo bike. When I had my engine apart last month everything looked great, well everything except my pistons, but that's another story altogether.
DSC03513.jpg

Silkolene addict chimming in...wonder how Silk stacks up to Mobil, Amsoil or the Maxima?

Celine loves Silkolene
super.gif

Back