Medical Update.....

Doug - I'm glad to hear that all's well. The Good Lord was watching over that day; I'm glad you're still here...

I've been trying to think of something to say but all that comes to my mind when I read your story is WOW.

Thank you Lord for letting us keep our Captain!
+1, spooky how close you came... devine intervention to keep the board up & running!proof that even God himself loves Hayabusa.org and what it stands for. hopefully the long term effects will be minimal.
please.gif
+1 Glad that you are okay.

man glad your ok Cap, it is very humbling to see something like that or when someone tells you are near death, we had something similiar happen to us when my daughter contracted meningococcal meningitis,, if it wasnt for her pediatrition and the good lord we would have lost her...just doesnt take much to make the biggest of men or woman realize what we have in front of us....glad your ok

We pray for you and yours on a regular basis Cap.
beerchug.gif

Wow, Cap!

So I guess you had a dural tear? Anyway. I am overjoyed to know you are well and besides, chicks dig scars! Of course you would have to carry around your MRI to show it to em'!!
beerchug.gif

Doug,

Since the post regarding the test, you and your family have been on our prayer list. I am so thankful everyday for God watching out for the stupid stuff I do and for things I have no control over.

Rest assured my friend, we will continue to pray for God's blessing on you and for the miracle of still being able to move.

Take a look at the last post on my blog, not the one from today but the one titled "Attack Life!"

Vman's blog

Believe,

Kevin

That was nothing short of a miracle. I'm glad to hear you giving thanks to the LORD. My prayers will continue for you recovery. God bless!
cool.gif

Great news Cap! Glad to hear things are going to be OK.

After reading what you wrote I started thinking a lot. See a good freind of mine passed away this last week after suffering a heart attack at a local Gym. To say he has been in my (and many others) thoughts would be an understatement. His passing really got me thinking about spending more time with my kids and really paying attention to those around me. Because you really only get one shot at this. Carpe' Diem indeed.

You know what? I'll say a prayer for you again. It never hurts. I'm glad to see you are putting things in their proper place. See ya later bro!
beerchug.gif

Wow! Glad you got the all clear and things arent any worse than they are. Your one tough cookie and glad your still with us!
beerchug.gif

Glad you are Ok Doug. Life is about perspective, and we are truly blessed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. God still has plans for you in this life, as you already know. We are here for you, and like as said above, we are just up the turnpike if you need anything.

Well, what did you expect for continuously sticking your neck out for the .Org hoodlums? It was probably a pre-existing condition...
winkold.gif

Good news indeed. Never underestimate the power of prayer.  
bowdown.gif

thumb_up.gif

You obviously have more life to live, and a purpose that you have to achieve.

Do EXACTLY as the PT says, especially the stretching exercises... gotta loosen that neck up.

I,for one, am especially glad you are here to tell the tale. Speedy healing.
thumb_up.gif

Doug, when I wrecked my ZX11 On April fools day of 2003 I also thought about what could have been. "My Arai Signet was destroyed in crash" but I walked away mostly OK. Took a year off riding to reflect, "couldnt buy a replacement bike, wife would kill me". But I came back to riding with a new and I think, "better perspective on life and riding". I am much more cautious , but I think I enjoy riding more. A little slower perhaps but I take the time to enjoy the scenery and comraderie. Glad you got back on , and hope your rehab is productive.

Back