Martin Luther King

I feel its a shame that we have this day now. We should not have to celebrate this day yet as I believe its a shame he was murdered . Think of what racial relations could have been if he was alive today . Then after he dies of old age we could celebrate , I believe that alot of others that don't think much of him would be a little different . I also believe that WE as Americans would be ALOT closer. Hopefully someday soon Dr Kings dream will be fully realized .

Honestly, when I posted this, I didn't know what to expect....I'm so pleased by these heartfelt responses on the org...another indicator of the quality people on here!
Raydog

You guys are real special and sensitive. Many people don't expect that from the biker crowd. I have received so many helping hands on this org.
It's nice to know that we understand that even thought some people are different in many ways...that if you look hard enough; you will find beauty in everyone.
Lets stick together and make Dr. King's Dream a reality.

PEACE be with all of you.

clap.gif
A great man with a great message!

I keep reading all these what if's on the Dr. being alive still. I have a feeling he would be on a busa preaching some what my pops called "act right" to everyone. A rolling ministry! Happy Birthday to you Dr. King, and prayers to your family.
beerchug.gif

Too Bad he is Dead. I think if he were alive today he Would be Extremely Dissapointed in the Lack of Progress some Minorities have had by there own doing. You can't have Progress if you continue to Blame other Races for your own Lack of Success in life. Anyways HAPPY B-DAY DR.KING

I am also a African American, and appreciate the acknowledgementof the late Dr. Martin Luther Kings Jr's birthday! The great thing is this holiday is'nt just for one race of people, but all who believe and practice the dream! I still had to work today though
laugh.gif
Happy MLK Jr. day all
thumb_up.gif

You guys are real special and sensitive. Many people don't expect that from the biker crowd. I have received so many helping hands on this org.
It's nice to know that we understand that even thought some people are different in many ways...that if you look hard enough; you will find beauty in everyone.
Lets stick together and make Dr. King's Dream a reality.

PEACE be with all of you.
I don't think anyone could have said it better than that.

I think Dr. King was on the right track. I'm proud to see so many people responding with such respect and hope.

I'm NOT Black, Yellow, Purple, Green or White American. I am an American. One day i hope that Dr. King's message is fully understood that we need to be just Americans. By adding a label before American you define a difference. That's the difference that Martin Luther King was trying to erase. Together we stand. Divided we fall!

beerchug.gif

Actually I am uplifted by all the responses. Indeed Dr. King was truly a great man and a true American in every sense of the word based on the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I am so thankful for the late Dr. King and I think his message
is needed just as much today as it was back then. Not only did he
fight for equality but he also taught us (black people) to take
responsibility for us (our community). Now no one in my community
wants to take responsibility for what is going on we just want
to point fingers at the man (white people). It is time for us to
wake up and realize that we are doing more damage to our race than
the man could ever do in this day and time. Let's wake up and live
the Dream and stop turning it into a Nightmare.

I am so thankful for the late Dr. King and I think his message
is needed just as much today as it was back then. Not only did he
fight for equality but he also taught us (black people) to take
responsibility for us (our community). Now no one in my community
wants to take responsibility for what is going on we just want
to point fingers at the man (white people). It is time for us to
wake up and realize that we are doing more damage to our race than
the man could ever do in this day and time. Let's wake up and live
the Dream and stop turning it into a Nightmare.
Well said. This statement can apply to ALL Races. Stop the BLAME GAME and Take some accountability for your own Actions.
umnik.gif

Agreed. Dr King would be saddened to see the culture of victimization we have fallen into today.

Didnt get that job? must be because of your race/gender/sexual orientation....COULDN'T be that you werent the best qualified for it.

Lived in New Orleans (below sea level) and didnt have flood insurance? not your fault! Blame the USACE for not building a strong enough levee

Get your junk burned by hot coffee? Not your fault! they shouldnt be serving coffee hot!

it's truly sad. I (being white) wish with all my heart that Dr King was still here. He could have done a lot to bring us together as AMERICANS, not keep our cultures separate like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

By the way, if Jesse Jackson is readong this, I'm still waiting for your apology to the Duke Lacrosse players...

I am blown away with the positive responses to this thread. I guess that I hang out at too many sites that spew venom.

Dr. King is sitting with The Almighty.

Could you imagine if Dr. King AND Malcom X were still alive? How different would things be today? People seem to forget about Malcom X, he too was killed for speaking the truth.

RIP MLK and X.

Dr King as a young man worked in my hometown of Simsbury, CT for 2 summers .

Here is a production explaining his time here and the affect it had on him .

I have always been proud of my hometown and this is just another reason why .

Back