Making the best of a bad situation.

fastblackblur

Registered
Well... I had big plans this weekend. I was going to drive 600 miles south to Miller Motorsports Park and finally enjoy some track time this year. However it was not to be. I started getting all of my things together... the warmers, the generator, riding gear. I made a list of things that I would need to pick up at the store before I left and lastly I did the pre departure check of the track bike. I started her up and she fires up almost immediately. I give her a minute to warm up before I'm going to take her around the block for a quick shake down and no sooner do I let the clutch out than she starts to stumble and fall on her face.... Hmm maybe she just needs to warm up a little more? Nope there is something seriously wrong with this bike. So I spend about 7 hrs trying to remedy the situation. I switched out the fuel, cleaned the fuel pump, checked the TPS, changed plugs, and uninstalled the PCIII...nothing. Same thing every time, bike stutters pretty hard on take off then is gutless through the rest of the rpm band. By this point I'm getting pretty demoralized as it is setting in that I'm not going to get this taken care of today and that my trip to Miller will not be happening. So I decided to make the best of my ruined weekend. I obviously need a more reliable track bike so...

0610012014a.jpg

That 600 is nice! What is the old track bike and did you keep it? Figure out what ails it?....just curious.

everything happens for a reason bro. might have been a higher power looking out for you, that mishap may have saved your life on that track, who knows man, but good luck with her:thumbsup:

Holy cow Gary, that puppy is Nice! VERY nice!

Congrats! I wanna ride it!

FastBlackBlur:

Did you check your air filter? I had similar symptoms and it was due to changing my air filter from stock to a K&N which altered the air flow. Very similar symptoms to what you are describing. Have you recently changed the air filter?

Rumble

That 600 is nice! What is the old track bike and did you keep it? Figure out what ails it?....just curious.

Old track bike is a 2003 GSXR 1000 and I'm keeping it for now. I think I'm going to take it down and make sure the valves and throttle bodies are set corectly. If that doesn't fix it I'll start trouble shooting sensors on it.

everything happens for a reason bro. might have been a higher power looking out for you, that mishap may have saved your life on that track, who knows man, but good luck with her:thumbsup:

Totaly with you there man sometimes I get the feeling that god just doesn't want me to do something so he puts some road blocks up to dissuade me.

Still kind of bummed out though, I've been wanting to get down to Miller for a while now and it seems like something is always comming up.

FastBlackBlur:

Did you check your air filter? I had similar symptoms and it was due to changing my air filter from stock to a K&N which altered the air flow. Very similar symptoms to what you are describing. Have you recently changed the air filter?

Rumble

I have, but I replaced it with another OEM piece. I'll throw the other one back in there and see if it helps, maybe it's not seating corectly....

Back