An unexceptional situation......

Spitz

Donating Member
Registered
I have never talked bad about ANYONE here in the .org. You are family to me, but one member has gone too far and crossed the line. The reason why I am writing about this is because I want other peoples opinion on this situation......

It started here as a great friendship, txbikerdude, Dennis Hixson, who lives in Texas, and I hit it off right away. We both had the same 08 busa's grey and black. Things went so well that I actually flew down there, on Dennis's dime by the way, and we had a great 18hrs. He then had a situation wiwth his mother in law being admitted into the hospital, so I flew back home.

Acouple of days later, I'm looking through the forum and see that Dennis is selling his '08 busa. He stated that he wanted to buy a Rolex and needed the $ for it. I found a buyer for him, my good friend Ted. Ted paid for S&H for the bike and arranged them to pick it up at Dennis's house. Well, Ted and Dennis agree on Ted paying Dennis $3K up front and then the rest later. Ted sends Dennis $3k to his bank account. Dennis was told the time and date the bike is to be picked up and Ted sends out special straps for the busa in order for it to be shipped.

Well the S&H company came and the bike wasn't ready so the company charge Ted's credit card $100.00. So Ted and Dennis talk to arrange ANOTHER pick-up date. The date is set and then a few days before Ted and I try to get a hold of Dennis and he doesn't respond to my numerous text's and phone calls, Ted's numerous email's, text's and phone calls. THIS GOES ON FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!! Finally Dennis text's me that he crashed the busa!!!!!! What the hell man!!! I try to find out more about the situation, Dennis is extremely vague about EVERYTHING.....in fact I found out that he crashed the busa about two days of very limited texts!

So I think, ok, well hey everyone screws up......so we start trying to get Ted's $3K back from Dennis. Another two days goes by of vague texts and non-communication. At this point Ted if fuming and I'm getting frustrated. Finally Dennis texts me saying that he'll put the $3k into my acct tomorrow bec. he has to move the $ around! The $3K finally shows up the next day in my account! Ok that's great but Ted is still $664.00!!! $100 from the S&H truck showing up and $564.00 for the S&H charge up front.

Now Dennis won't answer any texts or calls.......

Guys what are your thoughts on this situation....PLease let me know. I know this isn't a trial by jury, but I needed to vent and no better people than family.....

A private matter between a buyer and seller over services paid for but not received is a small claims civil suit in my state.

Yes it is a civil matter. I just can't believe that someone from the .org would do this to another member and his friend!!!!

Glad to see that there are others out there that agree with me.......

Something must be up.
He doesn't sound like he would pay for you to come and visit and then rip off someone for a few hundred bucks.
He did return the deposit.
I don't know him personally, but it all sounds kind of strange.
Hope it gets worked out.

certainly sounds like there was some issues but if he was willing to return the initial cash, possibly the shipping charges can also be squared up. if nothing else they should have a discussion, get the positions on the table and move forward from that, be it a date for payment or get it into the courts. My advice to your friend, verify if there are any statue of limitations on time to file (like ebay is 30days). otherwise he might be just SOL.

Hope it gets worked out.

The lesson here is NEVER deal in money with family and/or friends.

Hopefully things will get squared away. Here it would be a civil matter as well. Good luck to all involved.

If the facts are as you say, there are two side to every story and i dont know either of you, then he needs to square up that $600. The part that bothers me the most is the lack of communication on his part. If its not discussed, or at least argued, it cant get resolved.

Better get The Texas rangers involved, Walker,Texas Ranger!:laugh:

Ok that's great but Ted is still $664.00!!! $100 from the S&H truck showing up and $564.00 for the S&H charge up front.

Call the shipping company, nothing got shipped, no partial refund available?

Call the shipping company, nothing got shipped, no partial refund available?

Force Majeure - The shipper or broker is in no way obligated to refund because nothing was shipped.

The only recourse I know is to take it to small claims court. Hopefully things can be worked out without have to take it to that level.

Man that's strange that a person that was so hospitable, would be so devious.

No excuse,anyone can pick up a phone and return a call to let the situation
be known even if they don't have the money to return right then.
My question is how many days all together has this gone for?

Hopefully the $$$ is refunded.It would have sounded strange to me that he wanted to sell the bike for a watch in the first place.

A private matter between a buyer and seller over services paid for but not received is a small claims civil suit in my state.

Easy from what I'm hearing. He owes Ted 664.00

Something must be up.
He doesn't sound like he would pay for you to come and visit and then rip off someone for a few hundred bucks.
He did return the deposit.
I don't know him personally, but it all sounds kind of strange.
Hope it gets worked out.

Hopefully the $$$ is refunded.It would have sounded strange to me that he wanted to sell the bike for a watch in the first place.
I agree with these guys....

No excuse,anyone can pick up a phone and return a call to let the situation
be known even if they don't have the money to return right then.
My question is how many days all together has this gone for?[/QUOTE

This has now gone on for nine days!!!!! I have been texting Dennis a few times everyday to get the situation resolved. I agree that it's EXTREMELY weird that he would welcome a complete stranger into his house and then do this! It's just unfortunate that this happened because I could see a great friendship evolving. :banghead:

Back