An unexceptional situation......

it took him a long time to return the 3k... He might also pay for the S&H CHARGES. Nine days have passed. give it another 3-4. As you said his motherinlaw got ill etc... he might be in a difficult situation now. I dunno bout you but if I had someone pay for my trip and then he got in trouble (ill mother in law - bike accident - if they are true that is) and consider him a friend, then I would share in the damage. If he hadnt paid back the 3k, then you got introduced to a lowlife, but is he really that bad? give him a chance, and if that dont go well, then either take it up in court or give up!

True, everybody's your freind when everything's going well, it's when you're down and out that you find out who your friends are.

How bad could he be doing if he was getting a Rolex ??

He flew you out to Texas, round trip, just to hang out ? How much $$ did that run him ?? You must be really fun to talk to !! :poke:

Hope everything works out for ALL of you !!!

All lines of communicaiton have been severed :thumbsup:........anyone looking for a good friend?:laugh:

All lines of communicaiton have been severed :thumbsup:........anyone looking for a good friend?:laugh:
you might want to do some damage control yourself and pay the shipping on the free tire you got... just sayn.....

Man to man is so unjust, You don't know who to trust.Your worst enemy could be your best friend,And your best friend your worst enemy.Some will eat and drink with you,Then behind them su-su 'pon you.Only your friend know your secrets,So only he could reveal it.
And who the cap fit, let them wear it!
Who the cap fit, let them wear it!
Said ah throw meh corn, me no call no fowl;
Ah saying, "Cook-cook-cook, cluk-cluk-cluk."

Some will hate you, pretend they love you now,Then behind they try to eliminate you.But who Jah bless, no one curse;
Thank God, we're past the worst.Hypocrites and parasites
Will come up and take a bite.And if your night should turn to day,
Ah lot of people would run away.And who the cap fit let them wear it! Who the cap fit let them wear it!

The world is a circle!!!

Man to man is so unjust, You don't know who to trust.Your worst enemy could be your best friend,And your best friend your worst enemy.Some will eat and drink with you,Then behind them su-su 'pon you.Only your friend know your secrets,So only he could reveal it.
And who the cap fit, let them wear it!
Who the cap fit, let them wear it!
Said ah throw meh corn, me no call no fowl;
Ah saying, "Cook-cook-cook, cluk-cluk-cluk."

Some will hate you, pretend they love you now,Then behind they try to eliminate you.But who Jah bless, no one curse;
Thank God, we're past the worst.Hypocrites and parasites
Will come up and take a bite.And if your night should turn to day,
Ah lot of people would run away.And who the cap fit let them wear it! Who the cap fit let them wear it!

The world is a circle!!!
I swear he was a Prophet !!! :bowdown:

Sometimes (and it looks a little late for this) a gentle, continual, but stern appeal for a principled response is better than fits and threats. Fits and threats bring shame to the one under (or obligated to) the other, which, when circumstances go unexplained (no communication), cause distance. The gentle appeal to act with principal is an example I am learning...far cry different than my strong arm 'gonna pay ya a visit' tactics of yesteryear. And I've spent plenty in tuition looking forward to graduating from this school of Learning to Live a Principal Centered Life. I have found in the process of learning this, more value is gained through preserving relationships than any other gain through establishing distances with rights and threats. This entire process still embraces eventual judgement but with a humility that always gives honor to the identities of all regardless of (or inspite of, whichever the case may be) the outcome. And in all this, I still feel like I'm in kindergarten....???

Back