Lycan Track Days 2010

whats the weight diff from 600 to a 1k like 16#s maybe...u could always get the 750 its identical to the 600 in almost every way except more power
1000=448
750=437
600=432

Lycan, take me with you on your first track day..we can both bust the cherry! I'm gonna fix my FZR600 and ride it..

glad to see you working hard today meathead :rofl:

Thinking I'm on the same program here, track days next year but gotta get some leathers first for me... bike would be um... yeah very close second :whistle:

I assume you are going with a used bike or are you going with a new one?

Lycan, take me with you on your first track day..we can both bust the cherry! I'm gonna fix my FZR600 and ride it..

DONE! Brutha were doing track days next year..maybe well go see Bogus:laugh:

glad to see you working hard today meathead :rofl:

Thinking I'm on the same program here, track days next year but gotta get some leathers first for me... bike would be um... yeah very close second :whistle:

I assume you are going with a used bike or are you going with a new one?

Hey MEAThead..got your message at the desk but was in a meeting when you called:laugh:Im looking at a salvage/rebuild bike for the track, Im not buiying a new one just for that...come on then me and Ace will learn ya:thumbsup:

whats the weight diff from 600 to a 1k like 16#s maybe...u could always get the 750 its identical to the 600 in almost every way except more power
1000=448
750=437
600=432

True...I had forgotten the 750 group..im looking at those too now since theres a good selling point. Like I was saying, basically I want to learn track riding and knee dragging to it's finest form, soeed is good but I want the technique, thats what Im ready for...I used to ride an R6 and that thing was so nimble and light it was scary..I miss the helloutta that bike, so thats why im torn..thanks for da advice and weight comparison you anel retentive monkey:rofl::rofl::rofl::poke:

If you get out my way I'll let you try the 750 out, its not a current model or anything but I don't know that getting a new one is a great plan anyway. Personally if you are getting a track bike I think you need to be most focused on the deal and quality of the bike. Remember going to track days and riding nearer to that 10/10ths the likely hood of parting ways with your bike mid ride go way up.

Get something that will be safe, fun, cheap, and user friendly. If you buy something you are truly in love with you'll be upset if it ends up doing acrobatics. :2cents:

call you in a bit, dinner time but got a few thing we need to look at :beerchug:

Lycan, go take a look at gixxernation.com; you might find you a prepped 600 or 750 at a decent price.

Check out the NESBA forums there are always track bikes for sale.

Step through Vespa Angel, that's were it's at! Step through Vespa! :laugh:

After all, it does have a busa engine. Only half of a busa engine but it is busa bred! :thumbsup:

You'll have fun on either bike. Keep in mind, there is no noticeable difference in weight between the three (600 - 750 - 1000) Your skills will probably improve faster on a 600 but the 1K will be the most fun!

If I were you, I'd take your wife's 1K to the track a couple times before you make your decision? Go play and have fun. Having access to a track weapon like your wife's 1K is a nice asset!

Oh by the way, did you tell your lovely wife "THANK YOU" from me for allowing me to ride her bike at the bash? She is a keeper! Does she have a sister? :whistle:

Step through Vespa Angel, that's were it's at! Step through Vespa! :laugh:

After all, it does have a busa engine. Only half of a busa engine but it is busa bred! :thumbsup:

You'll have fun on either bike. Keep in mind, there is no noticeable difference in weight between the three (600 - 750 - 1000) Your skills will probably improve faster on a 600 but the 1K will be the most fun!

If I were you, I'd take your wife's 1K to the track a couple times before you make your decision? Go play and have fun. Having access to a track weapon like your wife's 1K is a nice asset!

Oh by the way, did you tell your lovely wife "THANK YOU" from me for allowing me to ride her bike at the bash? She is a keeper! Does she have a sister? :whistle:

:rofl::rofl: I was waiting for you to chime in on this! Fact is shes not gonna let me defile that 1K of hers on the track Tuf, I tried...so theres nothing left but for me to get my own, and thats ok by me!
I DID tell her how appreciative you were in being allowed to spank her bike around at the bash, she was actually pleased that someone who has the cojones gave it a good work out:laugh:

I agree theres not much in the weight factor for a track bike, but, my foray into the track will not be a short one, I also want something thats gonna last me on the track, which is hwere I fear the 600 class might not be able to take the long term abuse it's gonna get...cause if Im getting a track bike Im planning on being addicted to it like Y2h...we know thats crack for him...I fear I'll be the same..

So I think longevity and manageable to learn THOSE skills are the key, like I said before power, not THAT big a concern.

And yes she has 2 sisters, but I think I got the best one of the 3:rofl::rofl:

Check out the NESBA forums there are always track bikes for sale.

Yeah I remember when Vman had sent out a ping telling people that they sell their demos too, but I want something that hasnt exactly been abused to death already at the track..???

meathead, that 1k we talked about is reasonable the 600 is getting pricy... you working hard today :laugh:

When you get this worked out, you GOTTA COME TO BARBER, you will have a BLAST!

Back