Low power at 15psi. With dyno graph

Thank you!
It is a tough pull to swallow. I asked many of the reputable vendors for Boosted Busas and put this kit together based on their recommendations. I am pretty sure the tuner smoked the engine by overly advancing the timing. He said the spark plug showed the toking mark at the 90 degree location on the plug strap indicating it is spot on after he added 3 degrees of timing to the table I received from one of the well known turbo hayabusa companies on this site.
I can’t say that I have ever added 3 degrees of timing across an entire map at once. Especially when I cannot verify timing somehow other than what the stand alone is saying. Either way though, it doesn’t change that it is blown up and given that it only made 217hp at 15psi, it would be hard for me to say it was all his fault and there was nothing wrong with the setup.

AF was on point from my understanding while logging the dyno wide and and the Bosch wide and in the exhaust.
The tuner mentioned maybe an injector cut out and leaned that cylinder out. I feel like it would have showed up on the AFR log before the engine would pop. Maybe I am wrong. At WOT, an 83lb injector going out in e-85 would be a major fueling change across only 4 cylinders.

AF was on point from my understanding while logging the dyno wide and and the Bosch wide and in the exhaust.
The tuner mentioned maybe an injector cut out and leaned that cylinder out. I feel like it would have showed up on the AFR log before the engine would pop. Maybe I am wrong. At WOT, an 83lb injector going out in e-85 would be a major fueling change across only 4 cylinders.

Losing one injector should show on the AFR before it popped but it would be quick and he would have had to have been watching it
I am more willing to bet you had a bad or clogged injector and all the tuning was done with that cyl lean and the rest rich compensating for a AVERAGE that was spot on

I just read another thread you made. I didn't realize this was in a car. What dyno are you using? There could be alot of factors into the low hp reading. But I'm still gonna say the super low compression with the piston and the spacer are the main reason for the low number

Yea. It is called a Crosskart that I was able to get road legal. It is like having a street legal go kart. It weights 906lbs.

On the bad/clogged injector theory, what is the best way to determine that without widebands per cylinder? If it were lean all along prior to losing the cylinder, I imagine the spark plug would have shown that issue. I have never read plugs personally with e85 though. He did say two cylinders are showing oil on the plug also. Not sure if that is due to a cracked sleeve from the failure.

I am planning on pulling it apart over the next few weeks. If the cylinder is damaged, I will probably just send the engine out to be built. If the best I can do onky have me 75 miles and 6 dyno pulls yielding 217whp, I need help

TimingLightAdapter_sm.jpg

The MPS Timing Light Adapter was designed to allow the use of a standard inductive timing light on a bike with stick coils. Just unplug the coil from the spark plug. Slide the spark plug boot onto the spark plug. Push the screw end into the stick coil. Clamp the light onto the wire. Checking the timing is a must when installing stand alone ECUs. Most modern bikes do not have timing marks. You will need to make the marks yourself. This will require you to set up a degree wheel and make your marks. Some bikes will require you to get an extra engine cover to modify with a hole and a pointer. Hayabusas can be marked on the starter clutch with a punch.

Part Number
Description
Racer Price
1-0808​
MPS Timing Light Adapter for Stick Coils
$19.00​

View attachment 1646034

The MPS Timing Light Adapter was designed to allow the use of a standard inductive timing light on a bike with stick coils. Just unplug the coil from the spark plug. Slide the spark plug boot onto the spark plug. Push the screw end into the stick coil. Clamp the light onto the wire. Checking the timing is a must when installing stand alone ECUs. Most modern bikes do not have timing marks. You will need to make the marks yourself. This will require you to set up a degree wheel and make your marks. Some bikes will require you to get an extra engine cover to modify with a hole and a pointer. Hayabusas can be marked on the starter clutch with a punch.

Part Number
Description
Racer Price
1-0808​
MPS Timing Light Adapter for Stick Coils

$19.00​
Hi. If anyone need ID injectors get them NOW they are going up 15% and that is a lot of $$$.

Yea. It is called a Crosskart that I was able to get road legal. It is like having a street legal go kart. It weights 906lbs.

On the bad/clogged injector theory, what is the best way to determine that without widebands per cylinder? If it were lean all along prior to losing the cylinder, I imagine the spark plug would have shown that issue. I have never read plugs personally with e85 though. He did say two cylinders are showing oil on the plug also. Not sure if that is due to a cracked sleeve from the failure.

I am planning on pulling it apart over the next few weeks. If the cylinder is damaged, I will probably just send the engine out to be built. If the best I can do onky have me 75 miles and 6 dyno pulls yielding 217whp, I need help
You can run an egt probe in each exhaust primary...

Run egts on each cylinder. That’s what I’m doing on my nitrous bike. That way I can keep a close eye on the motor with all the nitrous I’m spraying.

Run egts on each cylinder. That’s what I’m doing on my nitrous bike. That way I can keep a close eye on the motor with all the nitrous I’m spraying.
Would definitely love to do that when I get a ECU. I had it set up on my gbody Malibu back in the day

Interesting! I don’t know that. I haven’t seen anything that offers assistance with oil pressure control. There is a lot of Crosskarts running Hayabusa setups in Spain. None run turbos though.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back