Lost My 17 Year Old Daughter Off the Back...

Bill
I'm so sorry to hear about the incident..I dont believe in accidents,,I believe in Gods Providence,[ Lamentations 3:37 } [proverbs 16;9 ] A friend of mine who was very lazy and used to short cut things,{ This is not a hiiden code directed to you,It is a true story,and he still is a friend of mine },,then when something bad happened,,his reply was,," Accidents Just happened ",,,,,,May I be perfectly clear to you and the board members,,I love and Trust God,,,,I am probually the worst selfish,ignorant sinner on this website,,I struggle with sin evryday,,I just now look in the mirro and dont like what I see,,so when things happen,,I look at myself first to see what I couldve done to prevent it,,,,whether its an arguement with my wife,friend,co-worker,stranger or board member,,,,I dont want to harm,anger,or insult anyone,anymore,I sicken myself,,,,My wife rode on the back of my busa in 04 when we bought it new,,,so did my daughter,,I almost thru my wife off the back when i gunned the gas in 2nd gear,,she even had her arms around my waist,but wasnt strong enough to hold on,,The rider on a sportbike is postioned up high like a parot,,and that back rail is a joke as a safty device to keep anyone on that bike at WOT,,,My wife [6yr later] still hasnt gotton back on it,,,she rides with me on the v twins..and She probually would ride again now if i asked her to,,,But Look what I have done,,,I had a guy when I was 18 take me a ride on a 1100 suzuki,,he had fun,,I was terrified,WOT,wheelied,WOT 1st and 2nd gear,, ,My daughter who in 03 when I had a v-max,,,she loved to ride fast and feel the G-force,,But I would turn around and let her know b4 I would kick it,She would have a death grip around my waist,,,Me and my wife ride together on 1 bike or on 2 bikes seprate,,,WE communicate with hand signals that we made up,,road conditions,passing ,stoppinf ,slowing down,,speeding up,,we quite a few that we use,,,,,Gear is great,,But wisdom greater,,,If you only knew,,includeing the hecklers here,,,,how many times I showed off, when someone was watching,,,My guess is you were caught up in the moment for the kids and you didnt signal to you daughter that you were gonna [ shine ],,,,,we all have done this,,My wife now fully trusts me when we ride,,we communicate always,, If Im way ahead of her up front,,I make sure that she is too far behind,,if I want to sowoff alittle and bring the frontend up,,just incase I would lose control,she would have plenty of room to avoid me,,I am thankfull to the Lord Jesus, that yyour daughter wasnt killed or paralized,,,,God allows us time to learn from our mistakes,,,This mistake,,will heal,,,time thru God heals all,,,,Its whether we learned what we di wrong that matters,,I know your grieveing,,But,,everything will be fine,,I do believe in gear,,but I put more creadance in Safty,,but we all sometimes throcaution to the wind,when we ride,If we honest enough to admit it,,some will say they dont,,those are the ones that ussually tick off other people and not realize it,,there are alot of riders on this board,that ride safe,,so dont blow a gasket,,But we are human,and make bad decisions at times,,I know a few good riders safe ones,,,but some of them have bad attitudes around other people,,,So ,lay it out the Cross brother,,,Im sure thru Christ,you and your daughters will ride again,,,,God has forgiven us all bill,,if we will just accept it,,you probually already know this,,Its when a person is in denial,that he is dead,,Thru truth confession to God and each other,we are forgiven and healed { James 5:13-16] [ proverbs 27:12} Best wishes brother

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about it Bro.. But we all make mistakes ( I've made some real good ones) . Learn by it!! Use it to make a positive . ( It could have been much much worse) . Be happy,Both you and your daughter can learn from it.. BUT this is the reason no-ONE ever rides on my bike, EVER !! Prayers sent ..

Bill-would you mind PMing the pics to me (sans the boob pic), so I can explain to both of my daughters why I don't feel comfortable with them riding with me? They're 10 and 11 and I just do not have the confidence to let them ride at any speeds with me.--Thanks

It took guts and candor to write this this thread. Many would have kept it to themselves.
Hope she gets well soon, could have been worse. I thought the worse when I saw the title.
A good warning for all. But like PocketRocket above, I don't ride anyone.

sorry to hear about her off and there will be another time when she'll wanna ride with her daddy who by the way was also there to pick her up. Haven't seen the pic, but from reading and reasoning behind pic as adults you need to look beyond and see what happened. Give her our best and keep her safe. thanks for sharing cause every once in awhile I wanna ride without my jacket I just get to the bike and can't get on it without the jacket. Yep your right about the blazing heat. I mean you can cut the air with a knife for pete sake. Take care and we're here for ya man.

I don't know what I dislike about you more, your idiocy with your kids or the fact that you posted a picture of your daughter with her boobs hanging out.

Some dad...

Chill Brother.

As you can tell he feels really bad about what happened and Im sure it wont happen again, Hes not the first and he wont be the last but Im sure he is one of the few brave enough to speak up about it to make others more aware.

As for the Picture I didnt get to see it but Im sure he posted it to show the injuries that can occur, and nothing else. So lets be a little more compassionate towards each other.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Bill. It takes a lot to put yourself at everyone's mercy after something like this. You already know where you went wrong, and you don't need to have anyone else ignorantly scold you... Please try not to beat yourself up too much for this... I'm really hoping for a speedy recovery for the both of you!

Very sorry to hear, Prayers sent for your family and a speedy recovery for your daughter.

nobody is perfect..lesson learned for you both(i hope). just glad to hear thats all that happened to her not that it`s not bad but it could have been alot worse..wishes for a speedy recovery for your girl.. i know my girls love riding with me!!

I thought the worse when I looked at the thread name.."off the back" wasn't displayed until I opened the thread. Sorry to hear this and hope this doesn't discourage the two of you from riding together for too long.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. No, i'm not a father, so I can't even imagine how it feels causing injury to your daughter or loved one. Just think, things could have been much worse...

Bill, I have met you and ridden with you. Solid all the way.

Your an old hand at machine work, make'em a back rest?
It has been WAY hot this year, I have also broken my main rule(s) about gear too...

The wounds will heal dude... yall keep riding...

Last edited:
Man I'm so sorry to hear about this. I refuse to preach to anyone since we all make mistakes and NO ONE is perfect. My family's hearts and prayers go out to your family and to a complete and speedy recovery for your daughter.

Sorry to read the bad, :( the good is she is young and will bonce back soon. :)

Personally even jacket jeans arent good enough, the knee's and legs are very vulnerable.

Stay safe.

thats part of being a kid you fall down get hurt then get back up again just be glad she is ok and hey its part of life I bet she will hang on next time. Im just glad you were not one of those dumb asses that pull wheelies with a passenger.

SORRY about your daughter. I would say this though. Thanks for sharing. You may not realize it but posting this might save someone else's child from getting hurt worse. Through your self pain, probably saved a life. I know Im guilty of sticking a nephew, or younger person on just to go to the corner and back. 50 feet is too far, and I appreciate you reminding me.

ICE

Tough story. Sometimes through pain we learn the most.

A lot of courage to share here J.

Back