Lost My 17 Year Old Daughter Off the Back...

I don't know what I dislike about you more, your idiocy with your kids or the fact that you posted a picture of your daughter with her boobs hanging out.

Some dad...

Wow, 195 post and u think you know jinkster enough to dislike him, Try searching a how to on here and look who posted the pic,s and walk thru, probably Jinkster. He has helped more people on here than most, and is a stand up guy
It,s called a MISTAKE, guess u nay sayers have never made any.
Don,t beat your self up to bad bill, I hate to hear this, but it could have been a lot worse.

I'm sorry bill, prayers of comfort for all sent.

Hate to see anything happen to the kids, even a cold, always wish
I could just take it from them and take their place. Couple that with the
fact that as things do happen, playing a part in those "things"...you sound
similar to me, I'm harder on myself than anyone else could ever be. And nothing
anyone can say would ease it or change my mind.

thanks so much everybody...like i said..i didn't post this up till after a week after it happened...stumbled around for a week in a self medicated coma trying to convince myself that i shouldn't off myself and that my family still needed me...it was that bad...and i wasn't winning the arguement with myself...thats when i posted up...and sorta let the masses decide.

and while the 1st response looked a lil grim?...ya'll pretty much kept me alive to get through it...that and the joking smiles of my daughters.

for those of you who know and care about me ya'll know this hasn't been the only issue destroying my home and family recently...and in the past year i've had to deal with..

1. losing all my teeth and going full dentures which in turn led me into..

2. a huge problem kicking pain killers and all while...

3. my 1/2 wooded 1/2 developed neighbourhood which has many homes that were forclosed upon and new ones that didn't sell is experiencing an explosive rat infestation..and my family being a house full of pet lovers seemed to catch the brunt of things..they ate through the weather stripping of my garage and destroyed many things on me...including our clothes washer....dishwasher...(ate the hoses and fittings right out of'em)..and numerouse other things i had in the garage such as my nikon binoculars, sony stereo system..even started stripping the sound insulation out of orens side fairings...(found'em using it for nesting material) thank god that's all they ate but they did get the wiring harness in my '05 titan pickup which has been sitting motionless for 6 moths as...

4. my oldest daughter got preganant (during her 2nd semester of 4 years of pre-paid college) and moved out and?...

5. The wife and i had our 20th wedding anniversary just this past wednesday but..our relationship has been pretty much reduced too strangers living in the same house...

but?...like ya'll say...shid happens..i thank god everyday that i still have my machinist job and the love of my daughters and?..my beloved busa Oren Ishii...she never fails to light up my life and remind me of how truely fortunate i am everytime i ride her..and?..the oh so cool many friends i have here at H.org who've been so understanding, sympathetic and helpful including...

SPECIAL MENTION: SAIID AKA Blanca Busa!

this dude lives like 50 miles south of me and knows what my family and i have been going through...and yesterday morning?..he showed up here at my place to give me a cross he promised me...from larnaca...dipped in lazarus's spring...i'm wearing it now as i type this..i sleep with it on...and only take it off for showering...then?..he sat at my kitchen table detailing and photographing my favorite dream rifle that i decided to sell to get some cash to get things right in my home..maybe even fix my truck and posted it on his personal 100% positive feedback gunbroker.com account...whadda guy!...whadda true friend..he restores my faith in humanity even when i'm at my lowest and i feel pretty low this weekend as i'm going through some terrible withdrawls trying to kick the pain killers..and you folks here have pretty much kept me alive through these many tests life has been tossing at me lately.

Thank you all so very, very much and..L8R, Bill. :thumbsup:

now..if you'll excuse me?..i need to go assume my fetal postion on the couch and let the tremors, chills and sweats continue..L8R, Bill. :whistle:

oh yeah...almost forgot...Marissas healing up real well..still a lil scabby on her elbows but her shoulders and back are completly skinned back over and shes doing great...except when she bumps her elbow..and then i wanna cry for her all over again.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Get a back rest for future rides, I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.

Hey man....atleast Its all that happened and she is and will be OK....I cant say how many times this happened to me with my POPs.....and the only thing when i think "what was he thinking"...is he loves me....Its the Love we have for our children and off course how can at that time you say no.....off course you think it will be the safest thing in the world but something can happen....we tru to mitigate risks but sometimes it is what it is...dont beat your self up......shes ok........my son fell off a quad with me on....we were not going fast...he was holding on tight...just lost his grip...he was weaing gear...well i felt like crap...he recovered....fine...will I never take him on a ride again....yeah....im not gonna lock him up and not let him do anything...everything has risks...how we manage them is what defines the outcomes....it happens.....I got these things called love handles....its a strap that goes around your waist and they hold on to it....I throw another one around him and lock him on...then we go riding....sure we could fall...but we could be crossing the street and get hit by a Semi....

Well everyone i was at Bills house yesterday and saw the survivor myself . She looks great . Her back is completely healed up ! Just a little red left is all . Just a scab or two , small ones on her elbows . Young girls heal much faster and better than old men :)
She can't lay out in the sun for two months , doctors orders but I told her as soon as that's over all she will need is a few days in the hot sunny Florida sun to tan and peel and all will disappear .

So sorry to read this Bill. I know you feel so bad. I will not bash you because things happen that we sometimes have no control over. Anyone that has ever road someone on the back of a bike knows that they do not always hold on as they should and when we as the driver get on the gas a little to hard or quick sometimes and things do happen. This is one reason I like my Tobin seats. My lady loves them and said it makes he feel so much safer feeling that little hump behind her. Anyway I hope she gets better soon as well as you. You seem to be a great Father so keep your chin up and I am sure she know's it was just an accident. Like you said SHE STILL LOVES YOU!! God Speed

hope she heals fast, and remembers to gear up, even when it's hotter than crap.

:edit:

dumping mine is what made me get gear crazy

Much wishes to a speedy recovery. I really dig that my Corbin has the backrest and reduces the chances of my passenger leaving the bike prematurely.

the hardest thing you got to do is forgive youself, it sounds like she already forgave you! I hope she heals well and quick and as for you, remember it was an accident!

SPECIAL MENTION: SAIID AKA Blanca Busa!

this dude lives like 50 miles south of me and knows what my family and i have been going through...and yesterday morning?..he showed up here at my place to give me a cross he promised me...from larnaca...dipped in lazarus's spring...i'm wearing it now as i type this..i sleep with it on...and only take it off for showering...then?..he sat at my kitchen table detailing and photographing my favorite dream rifle that i decided to sell to get some cash to get things right in my home..maybe even fix my truck and posted it on his personal 100% positive feedback gunbroker.com account...whadda guy!...whadda true friend..he restores my faith in humanity even when i'm at my lowest and i feel pretty low this weekend as i'm going through some terrible withdrawls trying to kick the pain killers..and you folks here have pretty much kept me alive through these many tests life has been tossing at me lately.

Thank you all so very, very much and..L8R, Bill. :thumbsup:

now..if you'll excuse me?..i need to go assume my fetal postion on the couch and let the tremors, chills and sweats continue..L8R, Bill. :whistle:

Not sure how I missed this but your most welcome duder :thumbsup: It's a pleasure to help and I hope we can get that rifle sold soon for you . Here's a link to Gunbroker page for anyone interested in it as well as link to other site I posted it on . Maybe there is someone here looking for a killer deal on a super rifle . If anyone is interested just PM Bill regarding it. You can't go wrong with the gun he's selling and it is a dream rifle !

FN Herstal PBR/ Patrol Bolt Rifle .308 20in : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Sturmgewehr Semi-Auto Market Board - Message Index

Not sure how I missed this but your most welcome duder :thumbsup: It's a pleasure to help and I hope we can get that rifle sold soon for you . Here's a link to Gunbroker page for anyone interested in it as well as link to other site I posted it on . Maybe there is someone here looking for a killer deal on a super rifle . If anyone is interested just PM Bill regarding it. You can't go wrong with the gun he's selling and it is a dream rifle !

FN Herstal PBR/ Patrol Bolt Rifle .308 20in : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Sturmgewehr Semi-Auto Market Board - Message Index

Thanks Saiid...i also put up a thread in random thoughts..looking for help...any help...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...rs-gun-nuts-i-need-your-help-please-read.html

l8r, bill.

Back