Look at what i got

jdevarie

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I bid on a full Yoshimura RS-3 system for my beloved Leticia on EBAY and happen to be the winning bidder. I have it delivered and just arrived today. The seller also included a second set of headers. Here is the thing. Both sets have their details. But before that, can someone tell me by looking at the pictures that these are indeed Hayabusa pipes?

The first set has some flattening of the inner two header pipes around the area that would face the radiator. There is no flattening on the corners where you would usually drag the pipes on the road on a slammed bike. I do not see the flattening as radical but just want to be sure that there is nothing to worry about. I hope you can tell by looking at the pictures.

pic#1
60396009.jpg

Pic #2
60396016.jpg

Now, the second set has what I call road rash on the corners of the header pipes, and only on the two middle ones but no flattening where the other set had.

pic #3
60396012.jpg

Here is a picture of the complete set

60396014.jpg

Now, I know the pictures are not the best but I would like opinions.

Also, the little things that would end up against the cylinder head, that look like some kind of fittings, have what I think is some kind of molten rubber on them. I assume that there was an O-Ring on them and it melted. Are these easy to find?f Is that normal?

To anyone that has a set like this, do you need to modify the plastics? How good does it sound?

Any help is appreciated.

regards,

Jim

The first pics looks as though someone intentionally bent the pipe. Maybe, I'm guessing to get that new 'serpent' header look that comes on a set of Microns. The second pic of that same pipe looks like some sort of accident. Now, the pics of the second set of pipes, it seems like some lowering issues or some loading and unloading issues. BTW, how much did you wind up paying for them?
rock.gif

Yeah, I agree that the first two were kind of intentional and could look unintentional but if an accident I probably would have expected more.
Anyways, do you think there could be a problem with them? I would love to get them installed this weekend. Do they look like busa pipes? There are no markings on them.
Price was around 500 plus shipping.

jd

Both headers look the same. I wouldnt worry too much abou the dents in the headers as in for HP lose. I dont see a mid pipe in the pics though.

I really think your missing some parts on the headers. There should be some spring loaded fittings that fit into the header tube that fits the head so you have something to slide a bolt through to tighten them down. That's the way my last Yosh system was.

I really think your missing some parts on the headers. There should be some spring loaded fittings that fit into the header tube that fits the head so you have something to slide a bolt through to tighten them down. That's the way my last Yosh system was.
Your right I don't see them either...

Your right I don't see them either...
Yeah, the mid pipe is not in the pictures but it was included. Also, the fittings to tighten the pipes to the head are also included. The fittings is what has what I think is molten rubber from an o-ring or some kind of seal. I do not know if those are easy to find.
Do they look busaish?
rock.gif

jd

The distance between each header pipe should be 45 mm.

Thats measured from edge to edge.
Does this make sense? or should I get you a picture?
Thanks for the information rubberside.

There are no missing pieces, the other parts are just not on the pictures. I have the springs, fittings and pipe ends The only thing I can think of are the seals.

the pipes move around so maybe it is the position they are in when I took the picture.

I agree on the equi-distance between pipes, I took a peek at mine through the fairing and look equally spaced.

Regardless of what they are for, I think they are still worth the money for someone. I am more concerned on whether I can use them in my busa or not, hence my question in the forums.
You guys rock!!.

regards,

jim

You might have to fight alittle to get the header on. Sometimes you have to tweak a tube and finesse it into place. Make sure to get some new exhaust gaskets.

Those are right for the busa. RSD, the headers are all press fit, and they move around left to right... They were probably just casually fitted in those shots, they can be manouvered to be of equal distance. Looks to me like the bike they were on probably went down (maybe front end hit a curb), forcing the rad into the headers. The oher set looks to be in better shape. Price is a bit high, but you should be ok with the less damaged part.
wink.gif

Those are right for the busa.  RSD, the headers are all press fit, and they move around left to right... They were probably just casually fitted in those shots, they can be manouvered to be of equal distance.  Looks to me like the bike they were on probably went down (maybe front end hit a curb), forcing the rad into the headers.  The oher set looks to be in better shape.  Price is a bit high, but you should be ok with the less damaged part.
wink.gif
I think yer right. That crossover is adjustable now that I look closer.

I've got to delete my own posts now....

Oh, and yeah, ask Street & Track and he will hook you up with the gaskets for those (scrape off the old ones good) and check your manifold intakes for old gasket remains... Those will have to be cleaned up as well, if the old ones are there (before you replace them with the new ones.

Those are right for the busa.  RSD, the headers are all press fit, and they move around left to right... They were probably just casually fitted in those shots, they can be manouvered to be of equal distance.  Looks to me like the bike they were on probably went down (maybe front end hit a curb), forcing the rad into the headers.  The oher set looks to be in better shape.  Price is a bit high, but you should be ok with the less damaged part.
wink.gif
I think yer right. That crossover is adjustable now that I look closer.

I've got to delete my own posts now....
No Sweat! I just installed a new yoshi TRS (simmilar enough) a few months back...
laugh.gif

Looks like the 1 and 4 pipes are not welded. Looks like they will turn and fit. But I wouldn't want them on my bike. Dont know about the dents?

btw, those headers look like they have some experience
smile.gif

jd
stock pipes...I had to get them down outa the attic to help you.
You da man!!
I am NOT the man this time.

I almost fugged up yer whole deal.

I should stop answering tech questions for a while. I used to nail about 99% of 'em. Since the brain injury I SUKK at tech.

Back in my hole....

face7.gif
RSD.

btw, those headers look like they have some experience
smile.gif

jd
stock pipes...I had to get them down outa the attic to help you.
You da man!!
I am NOT the man this time.

I almost fugged up yer whole deal.

I should stop answering tech questions for a while. I used to nail about 99% of 'em. Since the brain injury I SUKK at tech.

Back in my hole....

face7.gif
RSD.
LOL!!!!

what are you talking about, nothing bad here, wait until I show you the silly pictures, I still do not feel rosy with them lol

this place rocks because of people like you, keep them coming and keep up the good work.

I am a newbie at this bike stuff and here is where I get my questions answered. If it wasn't for this site, I probably would have done something stupid with my bike.

be back withe pictures soon, they are uploading.

jd

U no sukk RSD. You just got that 1% out of the way. Next 99 should be right.

Back